"There's no fighting in Puntland. Theres a huge difference between Puntland and Mogadisho"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugaaso

Deni
After Siyad Barre's torture, 1991 and all the other horrific incidents that followed and our welcoming of Somalis (who attacked us), we deserve ALL the blessings.

Insha'allah, Puntland will be the most peaceful and wealthy place on earth.

Aameen dhaha!!!

Aameen ya rabi

mashallah well informed american, we need to stop thinking Muqdisho=Somalia

All this silly focus on Mogadishu and people trying to centralize Somali power and wealth is why we are in this mess to begin with.

Puntites need to stop claiming Mogadishu, sell all assets there and ignore its existence. We have to focus on ourselves.

Civilised Somalis are welcome to join us in building a new state for Somali ethnics: Dal Udug/The Land of Punt.

All this silly focus on Mogadishu and people trying to centralize Somali power and wealth is why we are in this mess to begin with.

Puntites need to stop claiming Mogadishu, sell all assets there and ignore its existence. We have to focus on ourselves.

Civilised Somalis are welcome to join us in building a new state for Somali ethnics: Dal Udug/The Land of Punt.
Agreed, I don't claim it. We need to fix our own home, the IC is realizing Somalia is bigger than Muqdisho before it was everything Somalia=Xamar now it's a bit different which is why some are not happy with it.

Whilst I agree with you, I don't think you should sell all your assets there (I doubt the PL businessmen there would want to). However the main focus for every Somali should be to focus on fixing their tuulos and gobols, and to stop running to Xamar.

Agreed, I don't claim it. We need to fix our own home, the IC is realizing Somalia is bigger than Muqdisho before it was everything Somalia=Xamar now it's a bit different which is why some are not happy with it.

Yh bro, have you noticed all the nostalgic photos of 1970/80's Somalia is always the same four photos of Xamar and nothing else.

Wallahi I don't think I've seen old photos of Hargeisa, Burco, Kismaayo, Marka, and Gaalkacyo in the 70/80's at all on those Twitter accounts. Always just Xamar, smh, as if Somalia is a city-state.

Many Somalis themselves push this narrative of Xamar=Somalia, and if you're not running to get a house in Xamar, you're not wadani.

Shits defo changing now, people are starting to focus on developing their own regions, instead of placing all their eggs in one basket (Xamar) and wishing for the best.

Centralism is where Mog thrives, but others don't, and I see why some wouldn't want it to come back.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Yh bro, have you noticed all the nostalgic photos of 1970/80's Somalia is always the same four photos of Xamar and nothing else.

Wallahi I don't think I've seen old photos of Hargeisa, Burco, Kismaayo, Marka, and Gaalkacyo in the 70/80's at all on those Twitter accounts. Always just Xamar.
That's because all of those other places were shit holes. I heard that Gaalkacyo used to have a helicopter patrolling the streets and gunning down anyone outside past curfew. It also received no development like those other cities. It remained just as Suldaan Keenadiid left it until after 1991. The state collapse was a blessing for Somalis living outside of Xamar.

That's because all of those other places were shit holes. I heard that Gaalkacyo used to have a helicopter patrolling the streets and gunning down anyone outside past curfew. It also received no development like those other cities. It remained just as Suldaan Keenadiid left it until after 1991. The state collapse was a blessing for Somalis living outside of Xamar.

Helicopters?
Gunning people down?
Curfews?

Man f*ck the kacaan, how can you do this to your own people.

I heard Hargeysa/Burco had curfews too from fam members, never really looked into it though.

Yh I remember reading on here that PL was known as "Gaari wa" or something like that because it lacked development.

However, this could partially be blamed on our grandparents generation, back then it was ok to run to Xamar, and make a life there and leave what ever city/tuulo you came from, undeveloped.
:kanyeshrug:The old Faarax's were high off that 1960 Somalinimo, it wearing off towards the late 80's, early 90's though. Very potent stuff that, makes the most logical person delusional.
:hemad::heh:

At least Bosaaso port was built back then though, no?

Farm

VIP
Helicopters?
Gunning people down?
Curfews?

I heard Hargeysa/Burco had curfews too from fam members, never really looked into it though.

Yh I remember reading on here that PL was known as "Gaari wa" or something like that because it lacked development.

However, this could partially be blamed on our grandparents generation, back then it was ok to run to Xamar, and make a life there and leave what ever city/tuulo you came from, undeveloped.
:kanyeshrug:The old Faarax's were high off that 1960 Somalinimo, it wearing off towards the late 80's, early 90's though. Very potent stuff that, makes the most logical person delusional.

Bosaso port was never finished, only the first phase out of three was completed by the Italians before the civil war broke out. It was meant to be a deep sea port.

Wallahi I don't think I've seen old photos of Hargeisa, Burco, Kismaayo, Marka, and Gaalkacyo in the 70/80's at all on those Twitter accounts. Always just Xamar, smh, as if Somalia is a city-state.

Many Somalis themselves push this narrative of Xamar=Somalia, and if you're not running to get a house in Xamar, you're not wadani.

Shits defo changing now, people are starting to focus on developing their own regions, instead of placing all their eggs in one basket (Xamar) and wishing for the best.

Centralism is where Mog thrives, but others don't, and I see why some wouldn't want it to come back.
You hit the nail on the coffin, its those people im talking about that think not praising xamar or suggesting moving the capital of being anti Somalia/wadani. Somalia was a city state, all other regions were not as developed which is why all clans lived in Xamar, people that wanted higher education and better life moved to Xamar. Now it's different, Somalia is developing it's not just about Muqdisho now which is great, when the war happened people had to start from 0 PL had no development and hargeisa which was somewhat ok got destroyed.

Helicopters?
Gunning people down?
Curfews?

yeah Gaari waa, bosaso port was built late 80s just before the war. Reason why is there was oil explorations in dharoor and nugaal basins, the road and all of that came to existance because of it too. Bosaso port never got completed unlike Berbera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts