There’s Multiple Hadith Warning Against Fighting The Xababash

The Hadith was to sahaba and not us because taabiein fought them and conquered them under muhaalab and qutibah ibn muslim.

View attachment 236251View attachment 236252
Both these Hadith are from Abu Dawud

Obviously the Sahaba avoided them in their conquest partly undue to the prophets(‏صلى الله عليه وسلم) respect for them for harboring Muslims in their time of need and their respectful response to the prophets (‏صلى الله عليه وسلم), these hadith also give a warning

My question is does this warning extend also to us , should we avoid fighting them or are we syngeneic to the Xabshi and this is only for Arabs

Look at the eytomology of the word حبش in Ancient Egyptian phonotactic writing referred to Punt, obviously the Xabshi king, Najashi of Axum was from present day Ethiopia but are we one people in the context of the word Xabshi or are we a separate people
The Xabashi are Tigrayans not Amhara or Galla savages.

Hamzza

VIP
I don't know by I think not
Some academics have suggested that an Abyssinian expedition pillaged Jeddah in 637 AD, and that the Rashidun caliphate responded with raids on the Axumite port of Adulis, and occupation of the Dahlak archipelago. Even if these assertions are not true, it is accepted that Abyssinia's naval power diminished and trade links along the red sea vanished in the seventh and eighth centuries, and Abyssinia became a landlocked nation relegated to the mountains.

Some academics have suggested that an Abyssinian expedition pillaged Jeddah in 637 AD, and that the Rashidun caliphate responded with raids on the Axumite port of Adulis, and occupation of the Dahlak archipelago. Even if these assertions are not true, it is accepted that Abyssinia's naval power diminished and trade links along the red sea vanished in the seventh and eighth centuries, and Abyssinia became a landlocked nation relegated to the mountains.
Yes I heard that but the Muslims only raided the Axum coast and didn't occupied any place

Lol, you guys believe anything, Habeshas are special and superior to us according to Islam, we are destined to lose to them :mjlol::drakekidding:

Som

VIP
The fact that she tried to claim that Somalis were enslaved en-masse makes it obvious that she probably doesn’t know what’s talking about. One thing i’ll never understand is people confidently posting inaccurate content when information is available now. I suppose people like to distort history based on their agenda.
Obviously individual or limited cases of somalis being enslaved may have happened but this applies to all peoples and nations in the world. Mass enslavement though never affected Somalis, Arabs mainly got slaves from the Swahili coast or Ethiopia ( mostly Oromo but also some Habesha), Somalis were unaffected because they were Muslims and considered "almost Arabs". There was a case of an Arab slave trader who kidnapped some Somali girls in the early 1800s to sell them as slaves , a Somali elder went to Arabia to recover the girls and was very upset and officially complained to Arab authorities who condemned the incident. This clearly shows how enslaving somalis was extremely rare and frowned upon. I think some Arab Sultanate also made it explicitly illegal to enslave Somalis

There was a case of an Arab slave trader who kidnapped some Somali girls in the early 1800s to sell them as slaves , a Somali elder went to Arabia to recover the girls and was very upset and officially complained to Arab authorities who condemned the incident.
You got a source to this story?

You got a source to this story?
@Som

I think I read it somewhere. I'm going to try and find it.

Some Xalimo posted it on her twitter to try and concoct the narrative that Somalis were 'enslaved'. Some people really lack integrity. Yes, some rouge Arabs did kidnap. In every scenario you're always going to get people that will try and flout official agreements in order to make quick bucks, even Arab girls would be kidnapped and enslaved at times. The mother of Harun Al Rashid for example was a woman who was enslaved by her Bedouin kidnapper and sold on the market, despite being from an Arab Muslim family that were from a region in modern day Saudi Arabia! Yes, even Saudi and Yemeni women would get kidnapped, would anyone in their right mind argue that they were enslaved en-masse?!
Hence, despite enslaving Muslims being haram, sometimes women would often find themselves trafficked authobillah, but nowhere does it illustrate that being enslaved is part of our history, in fact it is the complete opposite.

Last edited:
Obviously individual or limited cases of somalis being enslaved may have happened but this applies to all peoples and nations in the world. Mass enslavement though never affected Somalis, Arabs mainly got slaves from the Swahili coast or Ethiopia ( mostly Oromo but also some Habesha), Somalis were unaffected because they were Muslims and considered "almost Arabs". There was a case of an Arab slave trader who kidnapped some Somali girls in the early 1800s to sell them as slaves , a Somali elder went to Arabia to recover the girls and was very upset and officially complained to Arab authorities who condemned the incident. This clearly shows how enslaving somalis was extremely rare and frowned upon. I think some Arab Sultanate also made it explicitly illegal to enslave Somalis
This also even happened to Arab tribes that lived in Arabia. The mother of Harun Al Rashid was a Muslim girl from an Arab family living in what what would now be Saudi Arabia. That unfortunately happened a lot and isn't surprising since slavery was very much a big part of the economy and some Bedouin men had no qualms with kidnapping young Muslim women and selling them. Sick really.

@Som

I think I read it somewhere. I'm going to try and find it.

Some Xalimo posted it on her twitter to try and concoct the narrative that Somalis were 'enslaved'. Some people really lack integrity. Yes, some rouge Arabs did kidnap. In every scenario you're always going to get people that will try and flout official agreements in order to make quick bucks, even Arab girls would be kidnapped and enslaved at times. The mother of Harun Al Rashid for example was a woman who was enslaved by her Bedouin kidnapper and sold on the market, despite being from an Arab Muslim family that were from a region in modern day Saudi Arabia! Yes, even Saudi and Yemeni women would get kidnapped, would anyone in their right mind argue that they were enslaved en-masse?!
Hence, despite enslaving Muslims being haram, sometimes women would often find themselves trafficked authobillah, but nowhere does it illustrate that being enslaved is part of our history, in fact it is the complete opposite.
I agree completely, I'm just interested in the story itself .

Did he manage to bring back the girls?

Trending