The word Ethiopia possibly comes from Cush / Aksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
the ethiopians are not retarded they dont view themselves as semetic asian arabs they view themselves as ethiopian just like oromos somalis sidamas and afars, habeshas view cushites as their kin

hense why their pan african they wouldnt be if they thought they where asian

ps just as you confirmed nilotes and not as many omotics where sold in to slavery
but they are gnerally referred to as shanqellas or bariyas both the nilotes and omotica nd not conciderd to be like them the habeshas

Omotic groups are not homogeneous. You guys racialize language families too much.

There are some Omotics with high J1 (the Shekkacho) and cluster near Agaws/Welega NW Oromos.

Not all of them are uber-SSA like the Ari / Hamer etc. Most Omotics outside of the Ari, Hamer have more or less the same ancestry as Sidamas (groups like the Wolayta, Gamo, Gofa etc).

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Omotic groups are not homogeneous. You guys racialize language families too much.

There are some Omotics (the Shekkacho) with high J1 and cluster near Agaws/Welega NW Oromos.

Not all of them are uber-SSA like the Ari. Most Omotics outside of the Ari, Hamer have more or less the same ancestry as Sidamas (groups like the Wolayta, Gamo, Gofa etc).
langauge families dont indicate race habeshas are cushites who speak ehtio semeitic
and they see an affinity with regular cushites and are proud africans

didnt know a lot of omotics are horners thanks for letting me know apollo
i do know the nilotes and some Madow looking omotics are referred to as shanqellas and bariyas and are heavily looked down upon

Apollo

VIP
langauge families dont indicate race habeshas are cushites who speak ehtio semeitic
and they see an affinity with regular cushites and are proud africans

didnt know a lot of omotics are horners thanks for letting me know apollo
i do know the nilotes and some Madow looking omotics are referred to as shanqellas and bariyas and are heavily looked down upon

Ironically, the original pre-proto Omotics were E-M123 carriers directly related to the Natufians from the MENA region. They even got Middle Eastern mtDNA K1a. Believe it or not. @SOMALI GENERAL

The SSA looks in that region is from paleolithic non-Hamitic/Afro-Asiatic ancestry people related to the Mota cave man.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Ironically, the original pre-proto Omotics were E-M123 carriers directly related to the Natufians from the MENA region. They even got Middle Eastern mtDNA K1a. Believe it or not. @SOMALI GENERAL

The SSA looks in that region is from paleolithic non-Hamitic/Afro-Asiatic ancestry people related to the Mota cave man.
am assuming the original omotics where cushites but thats not the case anymore
they are just mostly non cushite and can hardly be conciderd cushite this doesnt include the outliners you mentioned

anyhow, ethiopian just denotes a person who is a cushite according to ethiopian sources the word ethiopian itself comes from a son of cush who built aksum ie cushites built aksum

then Ethiopian became associated with cushite semetic speakers ie habesha and cushtic speakers alike

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
This is probably in reference to haplogroup T. There are more Kuwaiti Arabs with HG E-M35 than T. You are not close to any Kuwaitis (whole genome-wise) they cluster with Middle Easterners while you cluster with guess who: Cushites..

Clown (at Cognitivedissonance)

honklhonk.jpg

Never said I was not closer to other Horn Africans. Just E1b1b Berbers.

I think the name Ethiopia predates the empire of Aksum by many centuries. There are references to Aithiopia in the Illiad, which is about a war in the Bronze Age, whereas Aksum was founded less than 2000 years ago.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I think the name Ethiopia predates the empire of Aksum by many centuries. There are references to Aithiopia in the Illiad, which is about a war in the Bronze Age, whereas Aksum was founded less than 2000 years ago.
according to the Ethiopian sources apparently it was a name denoting cushites :ayaanswag:

either way Ethiopian sources should at least be taken with a grain of salt rather than look at what foreigners had to say

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Aithiopia is a Greek work it means Burned Land.
Maybe they got it from the Ethiopians
The Greeks where known to take the name locals applied to the areas rather then come up with a name themselves

A common Greek practise

Maybe later it was adopted in to Greek

Aithiopia meant Sudan, particularly Nubia, and it was only used by Greeks and later Romans. Egyptians didn't call it Aithiopia they called it Ta Seti the "land of the bow" or Kasu. Old Aksumite records never mention the name Ethiopia they say Kasu or Noba when they talk about Sudan and the name for their kingdom was Habashat. The kings of aksum always referred to themselves as kings of Habashat and Aksum, never Ethiopia.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
N
Aithiopia meant Sudan, particularly Nubia, and it was only used by Greeks and later Romans. Egyptians didn't call it Aithiopia they called it Ta Seti the "land of the bow" or Kasu. Old Aksumite records never mention the name Ethiopia they say Kasu or Noba when they talk about Sudan and the name for their kingdom was Habashat. The kings of aksum always referred to themselves as kings of Habashat and Aksum, never Ethiopia.
Kasu as in cush right ?????

And also I heard Kasu meant red cause red was used to refer to the mariin complexion of most Ethiopians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending