The word Ethiopia possibly comes from Cush / Aksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The book of aksum is a collection of historically written documents about aksum written in ethiopia and are over hundreds of years old possibly even thousands
according to the book of aksum
the book derives the name ethiopia from Itiyopp'is, an (otherwise unmentioned) son of the biblical cush . According to the book of Aksum Itiyopp'is built Mazaber, aksums first capital.
The Kingdom used the name "Ethiopia" as early as the fourth century

the great obelisk of Axum was said to have been erected by Cush in order to mark his allotted territory, and his son ityoppis was said to have been buried there, according to the book was revered throughout Abyssinia equally with the kebra nagast

so apparently the word Ethiopia comes from etyoppis the founder of aksum according to the book of aksum

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

no i dont am just countering the myth somalis either fell out of the sky or they are a product of arab and black intermixing :samwelcome:
Where does this assumption that we have to be mixed come from?

If anything the Habeshas are the mixed ones. They're like 70% genetically similar to us the rest being Omotic and Arab recent admixture so...? @Apollo would know.

We're not mixed, and if anyone insists we are because of some ancient nonsense then everyone is. We're as pure as they come.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Where does this assumption that we have to be mixed come from?

If anything the Habeshas are the mixed ones. They're like 70% genetically similar to us the rest being Omotic and Arab recent admixture so...? @Apollo would know.

We're not mixed, and if anyone insists we are because of some ancient nonsense then everyone is. We're as pure as they come.
am shocked that this well-known historical sources offends people , its true that the word etiyoppis comes from the son of cush a founder of the kingdom of aksum

also habeshas are not mixed their primarily christian ethio semetic speaking cushites who are indigenous

this has been proven tiny bit of arab means nothing even somalis have a small bit of arab as well

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
this doesn't prove somalis being "ethiopian", rather looks like you're appropriating habesha history.
can you not read you retard this is the history section i did not make anything up
habeshas themselves are cushites there is no appropriation being done by anyone here

this is the history section

am shocked that this well known historical sources offends people , its true that the word etiyoppis comes from the son of cush a founder of the kingdom of aksum

also habeshas are not mixed thier primarily christian ethio semetic speaking cushites who are indiginous

this has been proven tiny bit of arab means nothing even somalis have a small bit fo arab as well
Walaal you're avoiding my point. You're assuming Somalis have to be mixed while you're calling them indigenous. I'm not saying they're not indigenous, but they're significantly more mixed than we are, they're mixed with Arab and omotic while most ethnic Somalis are 95% + Somali.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Walaal you're avoiding my point. You're assuming Somalis have to be mixed while you're calling them indigenous. I'm not saying they're not indigenous, but they're significantly more mixed than we are, they're mixed with Arab and omotic while most ethnic Somalis are 95% + Somali.
ehmm you mean most ethnic somalis are 94 percent cushitic yes thats true so what ??]

their still kinda majority cushite
everyone else kind of mixed arabs are technically mixed so are egyptians and berbers

if they where majority arab who mixed with a little bit of cushite then i would call them arab

but their jsut cushites who have a tiny bit of arab

their still cushite :manny:

ehmm you mean most ethnic somalis are 94 percent cushitic yes thats true so what ??]

their still kinda majority cushite
everyone else kind of mixed arabs are technically mixed so are egyptians and berbers

if they where majority arab who mixed with a little bit of cushite then i would call them arab

but their jsut cushites who have a tiny bit of arab

their still cushite :manny:
You're focused on defending habeshas while I wasn't coming for them.

My point is how could you assume Somalis are mixed while we're the least mixed people in the horn while you're calling habeshas indigenous, who are the most mixed people in the horn?

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Spoiler: we are all mixed!

Tbh, why dose the online Somali community care so much for cushites? Ok, I am related to Afars and Oromo's (as if that was not already obvious). They are irrelevant anyways. I am Somali Muslim I don't care for these Ethiopians.

Also, find it ironic how the same people who are so into Cushitic and other Afro Asatics and cuss you out if you say that we are related to Arabs even tho they are also Afro Asatic LMAO.

I'm genetically and linguistically closer to a Kuwait Arab then a Moroccan Berber.:samwelcome:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You're focused on defending habeshas while I wasn't coming for them.

My point is how could you assume Somalis are mixed while we're the least mixed people in the horn while you're calling habeshas indigenous, who are the most mixed people in the horn?
you asked if i had families in ethiopia i just said am here to dispell the fake arab myths :trumpsmirk:cadi iskadig abayo this was an unncesessory misunderstanding

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Spoiler: we are all mixed!

Tbh, why dose the online Somali community care so much for cushites? Ok, I am related to Afars and Oromo's (as if that was not already obvious). They are irrelevant anyways. I am Somali Muslim I don't care for these Ethiopians.
nah this is just a historical fact the idea that the aksum kingdom was for the peoples of cush is built on some truths it isnt just genetics or religious its also historical the decendents of cush or rather the cushitic peoples built aksum whether the habeshas somalis or oromos

the book of aksum was merely crediting the founding of the kingdom to the cushite peoples

ps somalis have been at war with ethiopia for almost a thousand years and is partly the reason that lead to our countries collapse we are muslim and somali yes but lets educate the people about our common origin and end the unessessory war

you asked if i had families in ethiopia i just said am here to dispell the fake arab myths :trumpsmirk:cadi iskadig abayo this was an unncesessory misunderstanding
Point is, Somalis are not mixed. And if that caused you to ask if we fell out of the sky, then you should be asking asking that same question about everyone else before us.

Although I do support your crusade against Arab myths :2tjlv3e:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Point is, Somalis are not mixed. And if that caused you to ask if we fell out of the sky, then you should be asking that asking that same question about everyone before us.
well we should educate the somalis they apparently all believe in the isaaq myth or darood myth

isaaq is actually just meha dir who faked an arab lineaje and daroods is actually an arabised version of an irir samaale lineage like hawiye but arabised , all this is just causing confusion and furthur division of our people

well we should educate the somalis they apparently all believe in the isaaq myth or darood myth

isaaq is actually just meha dir who faked an arab lineaje and daroods is actually an arabised version of an irir samaale lineage like hawiye but arabised , all this is just causing confusion and furthur division of our people
I agree, you should bust all these myths about the arabization of our lineages.

But trust me, this pro habesha shit isn't the way to go. It will ruin your credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts