The word Ethiopia possibly comes from Cush / Aksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Spoiler: we are all mixed!

Tbh, why dose the online Somali community care so much for cushites? Ok, I am related to Afars and Oromo's (as if that was not already obvious). They are irrelevant anyways. I am Somali Muslim I don't care for these Ethiopians.

Also, find it ironic how the same people who are so into Cushitic and other Afro Asatics and cuss you out if you say that we are related to Arabs even tho they are also Afro Asatic LMAO.

I'm genetically and linguistically closer to a Kuwait Arab then a Moroccan Berber.:samwelcome:

This is probably in reference to haplogroup T. There are more Kuwaiti Arabs with HG E-M35 than T. You are not close to any Kuwaitis (whole genome-wise) they cluster with Middle Easterners while you cluster with guess who: Cushites..

What tribe are you and why do you care about darood lineage? Alhamdulillah i know my roots and i have been to yemen Zabid district and visited my great grandfathers grave Ismail al jebarti May Allah be pleased with him and grant him paradise amiin

Clown (at Cognitivedissonance)

honklhonk.jpg

am shocked that this well known historical sources offends people , its true that the word etiyoppis comes from the son of cush a founder of the kingdom of aksum

also habeshas are not mixed thier primarily christian ethio semetic speaking cushites who are indiginous

this has been proven tiny bit of arab means nothing even somalis have a small bit fo arab as well
I thought Ethiopia was something Romans or Greeks called Africans who lived south of Egypt.

Doesn't it mean 'Country of Burnt Faces' or something?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Æthiopia was Sudan. Modern Ethiopia jacked the name. They were always Abyssinia which is the Greek pronunciation of Habesha.
Aethiopia i believe was actually just a native name even the name cush was also native , we need to also take in to account of ancient Ethiopian sources and not just Greek or roman sources.
aethiopia was used by the ancient ethiopians to refer to their country although they viewed themselves to be cushites as shown by the great ezana stone which referred to neighboring Sudan as fellow "kushites"

Apollo

VIP
"Ethiopia" originally was the name for Sub-Sahara Africa.

Modern-Day Ethiopia should've kept their Old/Original name, "Abyssinia" tbh.

Actually it was a smart move to placate the Oromos, Afars, Somalis, Nilotes, and Omotics who wouldn't like an Ethiosemitocentric (lol, just created a new word) name (Abyssinia).

Ethiopians are also into pan-African buffoonery (their tricolor, African Union headquarters etc).

Actually it was a smart move to placate the Oromos, Afars, Somalis, Nilotes, and Omotics who wouldn't like an Ethiosemitocentric (lol, just created a new word) name (Abyssinia).

Ethiopians are also into pan-African buffoonery (their tricolor, African Union headquarters etc).
If their intention was to placate their non-Ethio-Semite countrymen then i guess it never really worked :icon lol:

I agree Ethiopians are into the Pan-African ideology, however their trio-colour flag originally was never about Pan-Africanism, it only symbolised Ethiopian nationalism & the country's geography etc. It was during the de-colonisation period in Africa when other Africans, such as Ghana decided to copy/co-opt the Ethiopian flag, hence why many people nowadays associate the Ethio tricolours with pan-africanism.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP

apollo on the topic of ethio Semitic speakers you're wrong groups like the sidama and afars where senn as Ethiopian based on the fact that they separated nilotes from the so called red skinned sidamas oromos or somalis
went on to enslaves the nilotes and abuse them, yes some oromos where enslaved but not on the level of nilotes whom the called shanqellas and bariyas

ps most habeshas know their related to sidamas afars oromos and somalis whom they call cushites
its just Somalis that think their arabs

Apollo

VIP
even though ethiopians call the black bantu africans as bariya or shanqella,
apollo on the topic of ethio semetic speakers youre wrong groups like the sidama and afars where senn as ethiopian based ont the fact that they seperated nilotes from the so called red skinned sidamas oromos or somalis and
went on to enslaves the nilotes and abuse them, yes some oromos where enslaved but not on the level of nilotes whome they called shanqellas and bariyas

ps most habeshas know their related to sidamas afars oromos and somalis whom they call cushites
its just somalis that think their arabs

Habesha is an ethnocultural term and not a racial term. It refers to Ethiosemite groups who had Ethiopian Orthodox culture or Muslims who come from ethnic groups that were previously Ethiopian Orthodox.

apollo on the topic of ethio Semitic speakers you're wrong groups like the sidama and afars where senn as Ethiopian based on the fact that they separated nilotes from the so called red skinned sidamas oromos or somalis
went on to enslaves the nilotes and abuse them, yes some oromos where enslaved but not on the level of nilotes whom the called shanqellas and bariyas

its just Somalis that think their arabs
You're confused.

Habesha/Ethio-Semites are different to regular Cushites on a cultural & linguistic basis.

Furthermore, Nilotes & Omotic peoples are native to Ethiopia and all Horn Africans share ancestry with them. Habeshas having insults for Nilotes doesn't negate the fact that they share racial ancestry with them.

Btw @Apollo do any Horn African groups have direct admixture from Copts/Ancient(or modern)Egyptians?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Habesha is an ethnocultural term and not a racial term. It refers to Ethiosemite groups who had Ethiopian Orthodox culture or Muslims who come from ethnic groups that were previously Ethiopian Orthodox.
but they do view sidamas as not shanqellla cause they where similar to them and thous conciderd all
afro asiatic speakers to be ethiopian even the oromos

only the omotics and nilotes where sold as slaves

also most habeshas already view other cushites as ehtiopian and veiw groups like the nilotes and omotics as bariyas or shanqella

Apollo

VIP
but they do view sidamas as not shanqellla cause they where similar to them and thous conciderd all
afro asiatic speakers to be ethiopian even the oromos

only the omotics and nilotes where sold as slaves

also most habeshas already view other cushites as ehtiopian and veiw groups like the nilotes and omotics as bariyas or shanqella

Not many Omotics were sold into slavery based on the genetic results of Afro-Arabs.

Mainly Sahelian West Africans, Nilotes and people from the Tanzania/Swahili/Zanzibar area were sold the most to the Arab world. The last group (Zanj) were by far the biggest contributors.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
You're confused.

Habesha/Ethio-Semites are different to regular Cushites on a cultural & linguistic basis.

Furthermore, Nilotes & Omotic peoples are native to Ethiopia and all Horn Africans share ancestry with them. Habeshas having insults for Nilotes doesn't negate the fact that they share racial ancestry with them.

Btw @Apollo do any Horn African groups have direct admixture from Copts/Ancient(or modern)Egyptians?
habeshas dont view themselves to be seperate from groups like afars sidamas somalis or oromos
habeshas view themselves to be ethiopian and those groups to be ethiopians.

except for the so called bariyas and shanqellas like the omotics and shanqelllas

ps ethiopians are not retarded they dont view themselves to semitic arabs or whatever just that their ethiopians clsoe to sidamas oromos and somalis most habeshas

Apollo

VIP
habeshas dont view themselves to be seperate from groups like afars sidamas somalis or oromos
habeshas view themselves to be ethiopian and those groups to be ethiopians.

except for the so called bariyas and shanqellas like the omotics and shanqelllas

ps ethiopians are not retarded they dont view themselves to semitic arabs or whatever just that their ethiopians clsoe to sidamas oromos and somalis most habeshas

The term Habesha usually does not include Afars, Somalis, and most Oromos.. some of those Christian Orthodox Oromos may be accepted as part of that group, but Southeast Waaq/Islamic Oromos likely not.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The term Habesha usually does not include Afars, Somalis, and most Oromos.. some of those Christian Orthodox Oromos may be accepted in that term, but Southeast Waaq/Islamic Oromos likely not.
the ethiopians are not retarded they don't view themselves as semetic asian arabs they view themselves as ethiopian just like oromos sidamas and afars, habeshas view cushites as their kin.

hense why their pan african they wouldn't be if they thought they where asian

ps just as you confirmed nilotes and not as many omotics where sold in to slavery
, but they are generally referred to as shanqellas or bariyas both the nilotes and omotics not conciderd to be like them the habeshas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending