The USA supported Farmajos extension

The current FGS admin has had a high level lobbyist in Washington with ties to the Trump Admin. Them moving their highest level diplomat on the continent as well as restarting their mission to Somalia within the time frame of the last 3 years was a clear signal that President Farmaajo was their guy. This brought him a lot of room to maneuver with strength and he has taken advantage of that.

Somalia is at a crucial place in terms of setting a course for the next few decades and continuance of governance is only going to increase stability. Our relations in the region with our neighbor Ethiopia for example has taken on a new look in the last 3 years in contrast to the nonsense beforehand where all of these regional leaders acted as de facto state leaders and undermined the states sovereignty. That in itself was a monumental shift in stability that needed to be made.
Warya Trump will be.gone soon.Its nothing about having lobbies in USA it's about how you play your game well.
Seems Fahad Yassin is a certified spin doctor.

Warya Trump will be.gone soon.Its nothing about having lobbies in USA it's about how you play your game well.
Seems Fahad Yassin is a certified spin doctor.

Whether Trump leaves or stays makes no difference really. If anything Trump leaving would be beneficial since his opponent Joe Biden would be more of an easy steer.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
The USA disapproves of Somalia’s federalism. It thinks of it as clan blocks with a monarch.View attachment 136319
Don’t be suprised to see a shift to centralism for Somalia the United States seems to be a huge supporter of Mujahid farmajo . Expect N&N supporting fms leaders on the come up
@Ayubi it seems like America is all in for farmajo
If that's true then Puntland is screwed. It's very clear Puntland are the main driving force for Federalism.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
If that's true then Puntland is screwed. It's very clear Puntland are the main driving force for Federalism.
And Jendai Frasier US foreign minister for african affairs and AU and Arab league and EU:ftw9nwa: why you think the only transnational government they supported was The federal one and not all others before like cabdiqassims government, with so much invested and SFG being recognised internationally do you really think anyone but ilma kacaan and Qatar not able gaining control over FMS wants a central government? This thread is BS somalis agreed on federalism only smaller clans wants centralism to gain power!

The Somali Caesar

VIP
And Jendai Frasier US foreign minister for african affairs and AU and Arab league and EU:ftw9nwa: why you think the only transnational government they supported was The federal one and not all others before like cabdiqassims government, with so much invested and SFG being recognised internationally do you really think anyone but ilma kacaan and Qatar not able gaining control over FMS wants a central government? This thread is BS somalis agreed on federalism only smaller clans wants centralism to gain power!
Hey I'm Northerner so I have a neutral view.. I agree Federalism Is the right way forward but I think Farmajo has a Centralist mentality.

And If he's allegedly backed by a Superpower like the US you have to admit that's a cause for concern especially if he gets his extension

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Hey I'm Northerner so I have a neutral view.. I agree Federalism Is the right way forward but I think Farmajo has a Centralist mentality.

And If he's allegedly backed by a Superpower like the US you have to admit that's a cause for concern especially if he gets his extension
Yes he does want centralism problem is somalis agreed to federalism or balkanisation there is no stakeholder today wanting centralism if they force centralism on somalia then SFG will cease to exist along with all agreements they would have to start from scratch again or get an army bigger than siyaads SNA to enforce centralism on all regions.

on a side note what hypocrisy by NN centralism supporters after so many failed attempts form own state like Galgaduud sare state,Central State,Jubba valley state back to central state 2nd attempt to Jubaland from 2001 up to hiraale running from Kismaayo they failed and now are pushing for centralism:ftw9nwa:

Farmaajo is heading toward the path of anarchy and destruction just like his tyrant uncle. He needs to step aside for he disappointed the Somali people.
No darod president ever left villa Somalia willingly. Now I don’t mind farmajo getting extension but there are ways to do it.Listening to Fahad yasin&co and rushing through it ain’t it.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
on a side note what hypocrisy by NN centralism supporters after so many failed attempts form own state like Galgaduud sare state,Central State,Jubba valley state back to central state 2nd attempt to Jubaland from 2001 up to hiraale running from Kismaayo they failed and now are pushing for centralism:ftw9nwa:
I think the South are pushing for Centralism as they currently lack stability. I think it’s understandable from their point of view.

I can also see why Puntland doesn’t want to bow down to Mogadishu. Why not have a 2 system one country like China-Hong Kong . Puntland would stay a federalist and the South can be a Centralist.

I think that would keep everyone happy and there wouldn’t be as much political friction

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I think the South are pushing for Centralism as they currently lack stability. I think it’s understandable from their point of view.

I can also see why Puntland doesn’t want to bow down to Mogadishu. Why not have a 2 system one country like China-Hong Kong . Puntland would stay a federalist and the South can be a Centralist.

I think that would keep everyone happy and there wouldn’t be as much political friction
or just turn the country into siwtzerland

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP

Maybe 2 system 1 country is the solution great point:nvjpqts:

The thing about centralists i question is their motive being always against other ideologies and i think it’s all about absolute power same mentality that caused civil war every group wants to rule all and dominat.I base that on how failed centralism been since 1960 tbh only the capital benefited rest of the country was neglected the regions didnt start developing until the 90s just look at SL for example the difference there pre and post civil war.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Maybe 2 system 1 country is the solution great point:nvjpqts:

The thing about centralists i question is their motive being always against other ideologies and i think it’s all about absolute power same mentality that caused civil war every group wants to rule all and dominat.I base that on how failed centralism been since 1960 tbh only the capital benefited rest of the country was neglected the regions didnt start developing until the 90s just look at SL for example the difference there pre and post civil war.
I agree that Centralism only really benefits Mogadishu but it’s very clear the South can’t govern themselves. They’re also ultra Centralists.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
I agree that Centralism only really benefits Mogadishu but it’s very clear the South can’t govern themselves. They’re also ultra Centralists.
Not really true SRRC was force behind SFG establishment for ex Abgaal are founders of federalism contributed a lot and sacrificed greatly same with RX who for once have self rule not being occupied, Hawadle were also founders of federalism and sacad too GM being established in 06iish, Ogaden are now very pro federalism which leaves the rest of konfur supporting centralism :nvjpqts:

The United States wants centralism because the current federalism has evolved into clan blocks with a hierarchy. What will most likely happen is opposed states will have a N&N supporting government established. The United States is much more laandhere than any qabil so what they say will go. Benadir will most likely become a state and the fms system will be more centralized.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
The United States wants centralism because the current federalism has evolved into clan blocks with a hierarchy. What will most likely happen is opposed states will have a N&N supporting government established. The United States is much more laandhere than any qabil so what they say will go. Benadir will most likely become a state and the fms system will be more centralized.
Can i see your proof from US gov not papers from chatham house or thinktanks?

Trending

Latest posts