The UK Wants A Naval Base In Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fucking hilarious how people bring up one point which is purely speculative and then say you didn't refute me... :williamswtf::dead:

Haye so out of all of that I wrote, you bring up that shit? Respond to the rest of it or stay silent.
I dont give a f*ck how many likes/down-votes I get, I just try to speak the truth. DP World promised Yemen's Aden port an increase in volume from 500,000 to 900,000. Instead they decreased it to less than 200,000. Same for Djibouti. U want to fall for the UAE's false promises fine.

We get to keep 30%. While we let UAE give 19% to Ethiopia. That means that Ethiopia can keep a chunk of any profit we make, and they don't have to import a single item through Berbera. And they didn't contribute at all to building it. If that wasn't enough, we had to include a base as well. All for less than half a billion. 30 year contract.

Even Djibouti would have tried for a billion or two. We're getting robbed. But obviously you don't care.

Last edited:

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I dont give a f*ck how many likes/down-votes I get, I just try to speak the truth. DP World promised Yemen's Aden port an increase in volume from 500,000 to 900,000. Instead they decreased it to less than 200,000. Same for Djibouti. U want to fall for the UAE's false promises fine.

We get to keep 30%. While we let UAE give 19% to Ethiopia. That means that Ethiopia can keep a chunk of any profit we make, and they don't have to import a single item through Berbera. And they didn't contribute at all to building it. If that wasn't enough, we had to include a base as well. All for less than half a billion. 30 year contract.

Even Djibouti would have tried for a billion or two. We're getting robbed. But obviously you don't care.
I am talking about the military base deal brother and the benefits of having it, not the port deal. They are separate deals

I agree with you the port deal is not that good.

I am talking about the military base deal brother and the benefits of having it, not the port deal. They are separate deals

I agree with you the port deal is not that good.
First lander I've seen on this site agree. The base and the port are part of the same package. We kick out one we lose the other.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
First lander I've seen on this site agree. The base and the port are part of the same package. We kick out one we lose the other.
Unofficially it's probably a package deal but the military base deal is the better part of the deal.

It would be very unlikely to go back on either deal unfortunately. :/

Unofficially it's probably a package deal but the military base deal is the better part of the deal.

It would be very unlikely to go back on either deal unfortunately. :/
Why not? It all depends on the SL leadership. They'll sanction us be cutting off exports, but we do too much business with UAE. We shouldn't be dependent on a single other country in the first place.

And the port is more important. If you made a list of all of SL's assets/resources, Berbera is number 1 no question. And we have 30% ownership...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending