The U.S. Should Recognize Somaliland - The Heritage Foundation

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

The number one conservative think tank in the US

That is not going to happen trust me and if your showing conservative think tank like heritage that terrible if you read the article there trying to say they should use somaliland as a counter against china and Russia but that won't work and they know that

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
The US also should also recognize Puntland and Jubbaland as well, we have suffered a genocide under the previous atheist regime as evident by the Wikipedia page.

I hope and pray the blessed US parliment and government to give us an ictiraaf out of the chaotic south and consider Puntland (democratic and peacefull) country as their alley in the region.:2tjlv3e::friendhug:

"A common objection to recognizing Somaliland’s statehood is that it would set off a brushfire of secession in Africa. Yet Eritrean and South Sudanese independence did not. Somaliland is also unique in Africa because it has successfully operated autonomously for 30 years, has a critical mass of the attributes of statehood, was once independent, and wishes to revert to that status within colonial-era borders, the standard the African Union uses to determine statehood.

The AU’s precursor, the Organisation of Africa Unity, declared in 1964 that the assembled heads of state and government “olemnly declare[] that all Member States pledge themselves to respect the borders existing on their achievement of national independence.” This should not be a bar to Somaliland independence since Hargeisa wishes to revert to the borders it had when it received independence from Britain. There is also an irony in using the Organization of African Unity declaration as justification for denying Somaliland independence because the summit that produced the pledge was held in Cairo—then part of the United Arab Republic after Egypt and Syria voluntarily united in 1958. That union was dissolved in 1961 after Syria declared its independence, and African states today recognize Syria’s sovereignty. They also recognize that of the Sudanese Republic (today known as Mali) and Senegal, conjoined in the Mali Federation that became independent in 1960 but voluntarily dissolved several months later. For the OAU declaration, see Organization of African Unity, “Resolutions Adopted by the First Ordinary Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government Held in Cairo, UAR, from 17 to 21 July 1964,” July 1964, https://au.int/sites/default/files/decisions/9514-1964_ahg_res_1-24_i_e.pdf (accessed August 6, 2021).

Recognition of its independence would delegitimize other secessionist movements’ claims by establishing a difficult standard for achieving sovereignty."

This US think tank completely destroys the lame old argument of SL recognition opening a pandora box. They argue that recognizing Somaliland would actually shut the pandora box by setting a high standard for new states to be formed:ehh:

Of course the best part was how they saw the the relationship between Somaliland and Taiwan was a good indicator for the US to be partners with Somaliland. This was a great geopolitical move by Jamhuriyada Somaliland aka Adal Republic to draw closer to Washington:lawd:

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada

Attachments

• 655BD60C-B4CA-4A04-8563-38911B554138.jpeg
    655BD60C-B4CA-4A04-8563-38911B554138.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 38
Whenever I hear about Somaliland, I swear the 68 statistic makes total sense. How in the world does one CLAN get a country? Wtf? No foresight whatsoever. It should be Somalis vs the WORLD

Somaliland is also unique in Africa because it has successfully operated autonomously for 30 years

This is always cited as a compelling reason to recognise them as independent, personally I think it's a very weak argument.

Is there a single region, outside Mogadishu, that has not operated autonomously the past 30 years?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

SL to be independent. They should take accepting from Xamar. Same south Sudan and Eritrea did.

Beside that they will always be part of Somalia.

Wouldn't Somaliland being part of a confederal Somalia be a better solution than outright independence? You can have full sovereignty over all public policy areas except for foreign affairs and monetary policy plus be part of Somalia's customs territory and single internal market @Vito Rizutto @Wir @YSD33

Wouldn't Somaliland being part of a confederal Somalia be a better solution than outright independence? You can have full sovereignty over all public policy areas except for foreign affairs and monetary policy plus be part of Somalia's customs territory and single internal market @Vito Rizutto @Wir @YSD33
you mean the corrupt and failed guys in mogadishu deserve to rule everything again?

this normally would be a no brainer. But currently Somalia's economy is extremely weak & they wouldn't benefit much from a union. There isn't much trade between north & south to begin with. (see map)

They'd be better off right now if they got recognition followed by some IMF loans.

Fed Gov needs to make itself attractive to Somaliland, build roads between north & south and improve trade/commerce.

I wonder what impact oil/gas revenue could have with the gov's relationship with SL. This may be a good 10+ years into the future but I find it hard to believe SL would turn down its share of revenue in exchange for union.

Attachments

• Market Access.png
    Market Access.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 62

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Basically saying recognize SL and use that as a leverage chip to turn it into a military base :mjlol:

Literally in the first paragraph they mentioned their straining ties with Djibouti and only needing a replacement lmao.

If they ever do recognize SL they’ll turn it into an american satellite for sure. But of course this just a blog post, probably won’t get anywhere.

Whenever I hear about Somaliland, I swear the 68 statistic makes total sense. How in the world does one CLAN get a country? Wtf? No foresight whatsoever. It should be Somalis vs the WORLD
The only one with 68 IQ somalian is you :hemad:

Somaliland wasn't founded by one clan and doesn't belong to one clan get that under your thick head ya Walanweyn :fantasia2:

this normally would be a no brainer. But currently Somalia's economy is extremely weak & they wouldn't benefit much from a union. There isn't much trade between north & south to begin with. (see map)

They'd be better off right now if they got recognition followed by some IMF loans.

Fed Gov needs to make itself attractive to Somaliland, build roads between north & south and improve trade/commerce.

I wonder what impact oil/gas revenue could have with the gov's relationship with SL. This may be a good 10+ years into the future but I find it hard to believe SL would turn down its share of revenue in exchange for union.

I fully agree with you, if we as reer Koonfuur are serious about reuniting with SL then first of all we should get our own house in order. We should be attractive by fully focusing on having a high growth, high wage and diversified economy whereby every FMS is experiencing a positive economic transformation

Basically saying recognize SL and use that as a leverage chip to turn it into a military base :mjlol:

Literally in the first paragraph they mentioned their straining ties with Djibouti and only needing a replacement lmao.

If they ever do recognize SL they’ll turn it into an american satellite for sure. But of course this just a blog post, probably won’t get anywhere.
Get your xaasidnimo out of here we know some of you guys don't care about rest of JSL getting recognition but just remember it will ease a lot of things and make trade agreements with other nations that will bring foreign investment that will create lots of jobs in the nation.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Get your xaasidnimo out of here we know some of you guys don't care about rest of JSL getting recognition but just remember it will ease a lot of things and make trade agreements with other nations that will bring foreign investment that will create lots of jobs in the nation.
The US is the last country you want setting eyes on SL. They’ll shackle it up. All it takes a couple hundred mill to buy out all the leaders (penny change for the US) and they practically own SL.

Turkey already semi-colonized Somalia, imagine what the US, a far stronger and more ruthless nation that isn’t as king to muslims would do.

They’d use Berbera port like a condom while also having all politicians on payroll. Sure there’ll be development, but the same kind of development where colonies would build railways to better extract resources.

If you’re happy with that then fine by me. I just wonder what’ll happen when the uS decides to not pay all clans and just one or two. I’d love to see how that’d go down :icon lol:

The US is the last country you want setting eyes on SL. They’ll shackle it up. All it takes a couple hundred mill to buy out all the leaders (penny change for the US) and they practically own SL.

Turkey already semi-colonized Somalia, imagine what the US, a far stronger and more ruthless nation that isn’t as king to muslims would do.

They’d use Berbera port like a condom while also having all politicians on payroll. Sure there’ll be development, but the same kind of development where colonies would build railways to better extract resources.

If you’re happy with that then fine by me. I just wonder what’ll happen when the uS decides to not pay all clans and just one or two. I’d love to see how that’d go down :icon lol:
Dude you're so bad at politics and geopolitics we aren't in the cold war era and there's isn't a way or actually a reason for the US to bribe officials instead the US would over money for development and building a closer relationship between the two nations with ofc US main interest at the top of that relations which is fine with us as being US ally is far more better than being subevent to authoritarian Chinese communist regime.

For the last part JSL ain't like failed state a where there's no institution or rule of law at least in SL we do and those through the state that the US will deal with us I suggest you come back to your own country and support it :icon lol::icon lol:

Trending