The Truth Behind So-Called "Cushitic Unity" That's Peddled By Young Somali Men

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
This is true though. Since we don't know the reality in the horn we can only give a biased point of view.

That's right. African and Asian immigrants, living in the West, tend to leave the politics of back home, and have a mentality of live and let live. Never make the mistake of believing how people behave in the West, for how they behave back home.

Listen, SL is trying to leave the quagmire that is Somalia. PL is pretending it’s not trying to. Meanwhile, you want Ogaden to return lol.

It reminds of a saying the Nigerian girl I mentioned always says, “Many are mad but few are roaming” lol. Which means everyone’s a little crazy, but few are visibly stark raving mad.

Somalia is never going to gain Ogaden. Just like SL will probably never leave it. You’re not legally under a failed state. Consider yourself lucky and find your representation within the country.
If SL or PL, ever get a recognition, 1st order of business is too get strong enough to get Ogaden back. Place where is there so much oil. And who’s we, I’m not even from Ogaden region. Somalia can and will one day get Ogaden back. f*ck this Cushitic and habesha friend loving nonsense. And I don’t recognize British man made borders.

I can’t wait until all these old ppl die and the hate stops.

The truth is, Habeshas irl have been the only Africans I’ve felt a true kinship towards. I have a really good friendship with a Nigerian for the last year from school, but there’s a familiarity that isn’t there when compared to relationships with Habeshas.
You had a stronger bond with habeshas than Nigerians, so you want to share a country with them?

You do realise that's entirely subjective. Some people would feel the opposite. I'm pretty sure that you would have a stronger bond to a Senegalese person than a Sami. Doesn't mean you want to share a country with them. I'm sure you share stronger ties to Somalis than Habeshas, and to Japanese over Adaman islanders. I could go on for days. Your entire argument is a nonsensical joke.

I really think that y’all got the government/regime/elites in power confused for ordinary people and that’s sad.

That wasn't his point lol. His point was those Somali men who wish to seek union with Ethiopia and Ertirea are mainly thirsty over Habesha women. They are willing to throw away their nation and disrespect their ancestors and form a union with our arch enemy. If you had political and historical knowledge for the situation involving with the Somali and Habesha people then you would understand but since you didn't do enough research and live in the diaspora, your opinions are merely erroneous.

If he had married a Habesha woman then you would've had a point but he's not and your comment was more rather personal.
So I'm guessing it's an Oromo or another ethnic group from the horn... Well the point still stands. Someone who's for the somali people should reflect their words in their actions. The most important would be raising a somali family. Regardless if the wife is habesha or Korean they're still non somali. Thus the child is not somali too.

@Armadillo Also, there is no anti-German sentiment in England right now it's basically dead. That shit died when modernism died, many English people think fondly of Germans. Never heard of hatred.

So I'm guessing it's an Oromo or another ethnic group from the horn... Well the point still stands. Someone who's for the somali people should reflect their words in their actions. The most important would be raising a somali family. Regardless if the wife is habesha or Korean they're still non somali. Thus the child is not somali too.
In our culture if the father is Somali then the child is Somali. Otherwise 'Somalis' would be in much lesser numbers.

I really think that y’all got the government/regime/elites in power confused for ordinary people and that’s sad.
If you're speaking about just personal relationships (excluding sexual ones) then you can and should be friends with all races and ethnicities. I don't understand this need to push for social integration in the horn. It would only benefit those who want to unify the region under one government. This is mainly because they want intermarriages and integration to happen. Sounds all sweet and lovely until you read and understand what happens to those who are absorbed.

So I'll clarify. Friendships should be made with all people so idk why there's a strong push for this with Ethiopians.

VixR

Veritas
That wasn't his point lol. His point was those Somali men who wish to seek union with Ethiopia and Ertirea are mainly thirsty over Habesha women. They are willing to throw away their nation and disrespect their ancestors and form a union with our arch enemy. If you had political and historical knowledge for the situation involving with the Somali and Habesha people then you would understand but since you didn't do enough research and live in the diaspora, your opinions are merely erroneous.

If he had married a Habesha woman then you would've had a point but he's not and your comment was more rather personal.
True or not, I have no idea, but people on here like to joke the reason Habesha eat Kitfo is because of some standoff with Somalis, and in the same breathe they speak about Ogaden. Two secs later they’re posting dead pictures of other Somalis. Behold the tribal mind.

European countries have had worse grievances against each other, killing each other with much better technology than any Habesha/Somali conflict, and yet now they’re allies. There’s nothing you could rattle off that can be worse.

Putting lack of hatred for Habesha behind some thirst for women, which mind you is normal, is still no argument.

If you're speaking about just personal relationships (excluding sexual ones) then you can and should be friends with all races and ethnicities. I don't understand this need to push for social integration in the horn. It would only benefit those who want to unify the region under one government. This is mainly because they want intermarriages and integration to happen. Sounds all sweet and lovely until you read and understand what happens to those who are absorbed.

So I'll clarify. Friendships should be made with all people so idk why there's a strong push for this with Ethiopians.
Obviously because they're our neighbours and closest to us culturally and wether u like it or not Ethiopia is and will continue to be the bastion of East Africa. We either build ties with them and get their help or we can leave shit as it is and post new hotels being built in Muqdisho as if we're progressing.

AGAIN nobody has stated that Cushitic Unity entails all of that, but go off I guess.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP

Saying someone who is for Somali people should reflect their actions is entirely subjective and based on false assumptions. You can marry out and still do good for your people.

The point doesn't stand because he's not calling a union ship for his wife's nationality. His wife isn't even a horner and in our culture, the father can marry any nationality because the child is still Somali regardless if the child is half. You can raise them entirely as Somali and make them marry Somali.

If you don't agree with that then dispute that with the creator who set those rules.

In our culture if the father is Somali then the child is Somali. Otherwise 'Somalis' would be in much lesser numbers.
Firstly, no we would not be lesser in numbers, I highly doubt the percentage of somalis in Somalia with a non somali mother is above 1%, let alone 5%.

Secondly, Somali is an ethnicity. Its not a tribe or social class that explicitly states one must be of paternal somali descent to be one. It's a gene pool, a people, and that includes women too. A half somali as we can clearly see would not be the same as a full somali. You might doubt this as most somali men who want to breed out do so let me give you an example.

There are afars who are of somali paternal descent. I can't remember which clans they mostly come from but these people don't claim to be somali nor do we claim them. They're culturally afar, speak afar and have mostly afar DNA. If being a somali was about paternal descent then this wouldn't be the case.

This is a common trope belief a lot of somalis have and should be debunked.

Firstly, no we would not be lesser in numbers, I highly doubt the percentage of somalis in Somalia with a non somali mother is above 1%, let alone 5%.

Secondly, Somali is an ethnicity. Its not a tribe or social class that explicitly states one must be of paternal somali descent to be one. It's a gene pool, a people, and that includes women too. A half somali as we can clearly see would not be the same as a full somali. You might doubt this as most somali men who want to breed out do so let me give you an example.

There are afars who are of somali paternal descent. I can't remember which clans they mostly come from but these people don't claim to be somali nor do we claim them. They're culturally afar, speak afar and have mostly afar DNA. If being a somali was about paternal descent then this wouldn't be the case.

This is a common trope belief a lot of somalis have and should be debunked.
U misunderstood from the start. With the amount of Somalis that had foreign wives wether it be Oromo or a type of xabasha then our numbers would be lower IF they weren't considered Somali. I don't get y u're changing something established for years. Somali father=Somali.
sbx

Edit: u would never tell the difference between a full Somali and a half xabash Somali.

Trending

Latest posts