The Truth Behind So-Called "Cushitic Unity" That's Peddled By Young Somali Men

World

VIP
Horta, what exactly do you want? You keep on flip-flopping.

One second you're referring to Ethiopians as your enemy & other times you advocate for "Cushitic unity" even with Christian Horners over fellow Somali Bantu Muslims.
I don’t know if you’re “religious” or just anti-cushite.

If you were religious and love fellow Muslims so much, then why do you refer to the Oromos in conflict with Somalis as such:

“Oromos are filthy rodents wallah & should be treated as such.”

So the Muslim Oromos who number in the tens of millions are filthy rodents, but the Nigerians living in Somalia are your brothers?

Only difference is that one is an invader, whilst the other is your ancestral cousin.

And the irony of you of all people calling me a flip flopper when you went from thinking that Somalis were North African transplants to us being Madows, from wanting to exterminate Bantus to cucking to them.

There's a higher chance of a bantu federation forming in East Africa than a Horner one.

Ethiopians & Eritreans are more secular, reasonable and comfortable with the idea of a Horner federation, but i could never see Somalis accepting it, since most of us are not secular & extremely religious.
The people are but not so much the politicians. I can def see Formaajo accepting a horner union.

For all of you "Cushitic Unity" brigade:

Where was the "Cushitic Unity" of the Oromos that are killing Garre and Geri Kombe Somali clans? Where was their "Cushitic Unity", when they burned to death that Somali mother and her children?

Where was Afars "Cushitic Unity", when they voted NO to joining their fellow "Cushitic" brothers, Somalia, during the Djibouti independence referendum?
Where Was Afars "Cushitic Unity" when they attacked and killed Dir Somalis in their state of Ethiopia, Afar State?

That's right, it wasn't there. It wasn't there, because it doesn't exist.
It's insane for u to think that Afars would let Djiobuti go to Somalia. It's the only land they have and they damn well know that they would be at the bottom of the list thanks to the Somali clan system.

Ethiopia wants to have access to the sea and will swallow Somalia in no time because of this cushitic unity that literally has no meaning.
Y'all live in a fantasy.
Also cushitic is just a word this generation uses to feel superior to the bantus. When will you realize that bantus don't give a damn about Somalis either. Tanzania and Kenya are doing better than the Somalis.
Stick to Somali union there's already a lot to be done in that department. Two somali clans will not unite but you want to unit with people we don't share a culture with.
I'm for a horner union that can benefit all economically/politically etc. I'm not saying we should make up a country the size of a mini continent lol that's unrealistic and wrong.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Ridiculous example, Somalis and Habeshas have the same ancient ancestors, belong to the same macro-language families. The Dinka-Nuer and Somalis do not and are completely alien to each other and live nowhere near each other. Moreover, Ancient Somalis used to be cattle herders and farmers before only relatively recently switching over to camel and goat herding.

Culture is downstream of material experience. Somalis are a lowland people, who live in semi arid plains and are mostly herders. This harsh environment has impeded the development of any central authority. Ethiopia has had a state of some kind, at least one that is capable of collecting taxes, for more than 3,000 years. We may be ancestrally related to the highlanders, but we have almost nothing in common culturally.

The highlanders, both cushites and semites, have more in common with one another than they do with Somalis or the Afar. Most highlanders don’t even have abtirsi! The most important social organization in Somali culture is entirely absent in some highland ethnic groups! The Dinka have abtirsi at least.

Based Abdullahi Yusuf used Ethiopian soldiers to tame the Southies and he called the Madow as being Zanzibaris.

sDklxsI.jpg
Somalia simply wasn't ready for Abdullahi Yusuf(AUN), im confident he would've been a good leader in a peaceful & stable Somalia.

It's a shame really.

:hmm:

Apollo

VIP
Culture is downstream of material experience. Somalis are a lowland people, who live in semi arid plains and are mostly herders. This harsh environment has impeded the development of any central authority. Ethiopia has had a state of some kind, at least one that is capable of collecting taxes, for more than 3,000 years. We may be ancestrally related to the highlanders, but we have almost nothing in common culturally.

The highlanders, both cushites and semites, have more in common with one another than they do with Somalis or the Afar. Most highlanders don’t even have abtirsi! The most important social organization in Somali culture is entirely absent in some highland ethnic groups! The Dinka have abtirsi at least.

Somali culture is mostly D-grade Arab culture, let's be honest. There's very little left of genuine Somali culture.

Same for Pakistan by the way..

piyush-mishra-tarek-fatah-exhibition-abvp-rally_727c28a8-c5b5-11e6-afe5-88e9648d1b9f.jpg

Serious questions
I would like answers without insults please.

Is the atrocities carried out by Ethiopian government any better than the ones carried out by kenya? Is it because they are bantu or that they haven't changed?
Are we supposed to forget everything without the ones involved being punished?
Will we all be United under one flag and within the same lands?
Won't the Somali people be a minority in such union? Could they not easily team up against us and oppress us?
Because mr.president and the other leaders have shaken hands or signed a treaty we are supposed to believe them?
What will be the benefits of joining them? Economical/political?
Prime minister Abiy wont live for an eternity what if a tyrant rises and betrays Somalia?
How do we know that ethiopians and eritreans have changed? You can change a leader but it is hard to change the people.
Hasn't Eritrea been accused of financing al-shabaab? Only a year ago the sanctions were lifted?
Both Somalis ans Ethios committed atrocities against each other and yes, we have to admit, Ethios have committed worse and hold the upper hand till this day. However, to say that we should create a union because we fought with each other is foolish. All EU countries after WW2 put their shit together and put hatred aside and created the European Union. And btw, what EU countries did to each other is far worse than what Etrhios and Somalis did to each other. Let that sink in.

Officials that committed atrocities should be put in jail or stripped of their rank

I believe in an union not a Cushitic fantasy land.

Somalis will be a minority but that's inevitable. Every country, including Somalia, should have enough power and control over themselves so that they can't be abused by other govs. For example, cut off certain trade goods or ports as sanctions if the gov or people feel abused by other states of the union. The EU has such policies so that members don't fight over sea or land or whatever.

A union with Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea etc would give pretty much full accessibility to the Red Sea and control it. No doubt. This opens so many doors and I'm not an expert but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how much more u can do.

Also, such a union would be much easier to handle and wealth would be distributed in bigger and more equal proportions comopared to other unions such as the EU or Asian ones. The less countries the better.

Stick to Somali union there's already a lot to be done in that department. Two somali clans will not unite but you want to unit with people we don't share a culture with.
Somaliland is much more friendly compared towards Ethiopia than any other Somali state and when did Somali clans ever achieve anything big together in modern times? Somalis never really functioned as one state until the modern state known as Somalia.

Both Somalis ans Ethios committed atrocities against each other and yes, we have to admit, Ethios have committed worse and hold the upper hand till this day. However, to say that we should create a union because we fought with each other is foolish. All EU countries after WW2 put their shit together and put hatred aside and created the European Union. And btw, what EU countries did to each other is far worse than what Etrhios and Somalis did to each other. Let that sink in.

Officials that committed atrocities should be put in jail or stripped of their rank

I believe in an union not a Cushitic fantasy land.

Somalis will be a minority but that's inevitable. Every country, including Somalia, should have enough power and control over themselves so that they can't be abused by other govs. For example, cut off certain trade goods or ports as sanctions if the gov or people feel abused by other states of the union. The EU has such policies so that members don't fight over sea or land or whatever.

A union with Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea etc would give pretty much full accessibility to the Red Sea and control it. No doubt. This opens so many doors and I'm not an expert but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how much more u can do.

Also, such a union would be much easier to handle and wealth would be distributed in bigger and more equal proportions comopared to other unions such as the EU or Asian ones. The less countries the better.
I completely get the overarching economic benefits from forming such a union. The main concern many Somalis have is that our culture would be slowly eliminated & we'd be absorbed into a new Pan-Horner identity that would basically be a Habesha identity 2.0.

Similar as to how the English utilised their dominance over the United Kingdom to anglicanise the Irish, Welsh and other minority Brits.

I'm for a horner union that can benefit all economically/politically etc. I'm not saying we should make up a country the size of a mini continent lol that's unrealistic and wrong.

The problem is Somalis can't even unite because they can't let qabil go. So a union with others wouldn't work. I prefer Somalis to unite first.

Japan and South Korea.......two nations with interwoven cultures, religions, and history, as well as being first world developed capitalist countries.....yet with all these similarities, and connections to one another, and both facing threats from militarily stronger communist countries, (North Korea to South Korea & China to Japan), you don't hear calls from citizens of either countries - wanting to unite.

Heck, they still hate each other from the events of the 20th Century.
Cherry picking nations doesn't prove anything. Russia was made up of several different states. Italy was made up several different kingdoms with different languages LESS THAN 200 YEARS AGO. In the 70s Italy was one of the richest nations of the world, it was Germans and French that migrated to Italy at the time.

I completely get the overarching economic benefits from forming such a union. The main concern many Somalis have is that our culture would be slowly eliminated & we'd be absorbed into a new Pan-Horner identity that would basically be a Habesha identity 2.0.

Similar as to how the English utilised their dominance over the United Kingdom to anglicanise the Irish, Welsh and other minority Brits.
I agree in a way but I don't believe Somalis would lose culture like that in this day and age. In the past, such as the example u gave, colonialism wasn't a crime and was normally accepted. In our current times Somalis would have to be extremely stupid to let go of their culture especially with the use of social media. Don't u see how patriotic Europeans are despite all being in an union with so many other countries? Never seen Germans absorb any Italian culture nor Russians absorb Turkish culture. Erosion of culture only occurs when ur people are violently and systematically cucked lol.

There are nos semitic habeshas. They may have taken ancient Jewish semitic culture and religion but they're still cushites.

I agree in a way but I don't believe Somalis would lose culture like that in this day and age. In the past, such as the example u gave, colonialism wasn't a crime and was normally accepted. In our current times Somalis would have to be extremely stupid to let go of their culture especially with the use of social media. Don't u see how patriotic Europeans are despite all being in an union with so many other countries? Never seen Germans absorb any Italian culture nor Russians absorb Turkish culture. Erosion of culture only occurs when ur people are violently and systematically cucked lol.
It could possibly work if there's respect for regional cultures & languages, but Amharas are known cultural expansionists/assimilationists.

I don't want Somalis to become Irishmen 2.0.
:pachah1: