The Truth about the blue Somali flag

Som

VIP
I swear after watching this conspiracy theorist, I am convinced me that Cawaale's invention of our flag was inspired by the Italians coat of arms logo,the similarity also with the Italian coast guard flag and defence ministry is hard to ignore.

Start from 8:01
View attachment 136656
The Italian ministry of Defence flag.

it%5Eussd1.jpg

The Italian coast guard flag also is similar to the Somali flag.

View attachment 136657

What shocked me the most was the OP said the flag is broad sign stands for satanic lucificer worshipping cult and should be replaced, the SYL having a cross in their logo is also hard to digest, how did we miss all these clues.:mjcry:
View attachment 136658

Is it time for us to drop these colonial inspired flags and coat of arms,Do we need a complete makeover?:cosbyhmm:
Reasons why the somali flag is NOT inspired by the colonial flag
1)Mohamed Awale said he designed the flag very quickly, the offical meaning of the blue is a tribute to the UN while the star is Soomaaliweyn.
Soomaaliweyn is s ANTICOLONIAL idea because they wanted to erase colonial borders.
2)Awale was part of the SYL who was notoriously anti italian in the late 40s.
3) i can only concede to the leopards maybe being inspired by the colonial coat of arms but it's just an animal part of our wildlife in Somalia.
4) the star in those italian flags is also called "the big star of italy"(stellone d'Italia) and its inspired by an Ancient greek emblem. Today the italian republic coat of arms has the star in it . However our five pointed star has nothing to do with the italian star.

Som

VIP
tbhtbh those countries dont have direct relationships with each other. somalia was formerly a colony of italy (and britain) so the uncanny similarities between the current somali flag and the former italian somaliland coat of arms leads me to believe that it was ripped from it.
But the flag was designed by one guy (mohamed awale) and only he knows what he was inspired by. The flag has an official meaning , anything else is speculation

Som

VIP
Italians have a thing for the blue flag and white star, I urge our Somalian neighbors to change their flag and leave the Italian colonial leftovers :fittytousand:

View attachment 136681View attachment 136683View attachment 136686
The Somalian coat of arms also raises some questions
View attachment 136687
Our Blue is lighter and exactly the same as the Un Blue. The offical meaning of the color is to honour ths UN and the sea/sky of Somalia.
It has no relationship to the italian coat of arms
I challenge anyone to find an official source saying that the flag was designed by italians or inspired by them.
Here is an official quote by Enrico Martino former administrator of the italian somalia trust territory. He said this the day the somali flag was raised in 1954
"With a happy intuition you have chosen the unmatched color of your sky and the burning lights of your nights as a symbol and guide for you. Long live Somalia! "

Som

VIP
Let's also remember that the blue flag was the first flag of the state of somaliland between 26 june 1960 and 1st july 1960.
The first time the somali flag was raised in a indipendent nation it was in Hargeysa -Somaliland. Why would landers accept an italian colonial flag? Obviously it was never percieved as such

Som

VIP
And last thing. Italians themselves never claimed that the flag was inspired by them. I can assure you they would say it if it was true.
The only people claiming this nonsense are self hating somalis and lander Internet trolls. Stop spreading misinformation before xabashis and other people use this to mock us.

Som

VIP
I swear after watching this conspiracy theorist, I am convinced me that Cawaale's invention of our flag was inspired by the Italians coat of arms logo,the similarity also with the Italian coast guard flag and defence ministry is hard to ignore.

Start from 8:01
View attachment 136656
The Italian ministry of Defence flag.

it%5Eussd1.jpg

The Italian coast guard flag also is similar to the Somali flag.

View attachment 136657

What shocked me the most was the OP said the flag is broad sign stands for satanic lucificer worshipping cult and should be replaced, the SYL having a cross in their logo is also hard to digest, how did we miss all these clues.:mjcry:
View attachment 136658

Is it time for us to drop these colonial inspired flags and coat of arms,Do we need a complete makeover?:cosbyhmm:
You know how SYL was anti italian? They even massacred italians in the 1948 demonstrations in Mogadishu. Why would they copy the italian emblems for their party symbol?
Come on. SYL was anti italian from day one, they didn't even want to be a trust territory for 10 years

come on @Som its obviously heavily inspired if its not ripped right from it. what are the chances that it just happened to bear the resemblances it does to the colonial coats of arms? the fact that the leopard from the colonial coats of arms is also present in the current coa adds weight to the idea that much of the current international symbols of somalia were based off the colonial works:manny:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
you nigga would complain if the flag was changed anyways
black flag with shahada = terrorist
Pan african flag = Jare*r lover
pan arabic flag = Arab bootyclapper
anything with a crecent moon = turkophile
Adal flag = WEWUZSULTANS
Dervish flag = Qabilist

Som

VIP
come on @Som its obviously heavily inspired if its not ripped right from it. what are the chances that it just happened to bear the resemblances it does to the colonial coats of arms? the fact that the leopard from the colonial coats of arms is also present in the current coa adds weight to the idea that much of the current international symbols of somalia were based off the colonial works:manny:
Bro, our flag is literally based on an anti colonial concept like pansomalism. There is zero evidence to say it was based on the colonial symbols , the guy who designed the flag explained it's meaning countless times and if he was inspired by italian emblems he would have said it. Post 1950s Somalia had no problem with italians and even siyaad was a friend of italy, if what you are saying is true we would have some kind of interview or statement by Awale but there is none

Bro, our flag is literally based on an anti colonial concept like pansomalism. There is zero evidence to say it was based on the colonial symbols , the guy who designed the flag explained it's meaning countless times and if he was inspired by italian emblems he would have said it. Post 1950s Somalia had no problem with italians and even siyaad was a friend of italy, if what you are saying is true we would have some kind of interview or statement by Awale but there is none
bro just use your eyes. the influence from the colonial coat of arms is staring you in the face. the only way it could get more obvious is if he kept the leopard in the flag. the flag was ripped from the colonial coats of arms man just accept it:francis:

the flag I designed is to good to be posted here:pachah1:once it becomes the official flag of somalia, I cant have them linking it back to me and this account:hillarybiz:

I have also designed a few flags and I also share your concerns about posting it here. Why not design another for fun

Som

VIP
bro just use your eyes. the influence from the colonial coat of arms is staring you in the face. the only way it could get more obvious is if he kept the leopard in the flag. the flag was ripped from the colonial coats of arms man just accept it:francis:
Dude, the guy who designed the flag told us the meaning. What else do you need?
Maybe the coat of arms is influenced by the italian leopards but the flag itself was inspired by the UN.

Trending

Latest posts