The truth about dating and marriage in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salih

Move right or get left
Why do people think that you MUST date in order to find out whether an individual is compatible with you? It's a LIE. Don't fall for shaytaan's traps.

If you're a male, you can go see the female that you intend to propose to without niqaab, they call this 'showfa'. You can even speak to her. This is of course with the permission of her mahram who is usually the father. That's enough to find out whether she is compatible with you.

From Abu Hurayrah: “I was with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when a man came and told him that he had married a woman of the Ansaar. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, ‘Have you seen her?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Go and look at her, for there is something in the eyes of the Ansaar.” (Reported by Muslim, no. 1424; and by al-Daaraqutni, 3/253 (34))

From al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah: “I proposed marriage to a woman, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Have you seen her?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Look at her, because it is more fitting that love and compatibility be established between you.’” According to another report: “So he did that, and he married her and mentioned that they got along.” (Reported by al-Daaraqutni, 3/252 (31, 32); Ibn Maajah, 1/574)

The female can also decide whether she wants to accept the proposal of the suitor.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No previously-married woman should be married off without being consulted, and no virgin should be married off without asking her permission.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what is her permission?” He said: “If she remains silent.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4843; Muslim, 1419.

The reason why her silence is a sign of approval is because in those times, women (especially virgins) were generally very shy and bashful (this is when they approve of the suitor).

The enemies of Islam try to make our religion seem like it constrains it's adherents and prevents one from living freely. We all know this is a lie. Some Muslims fall for their traps due to their ignorance.

The things that are haraam or makrooh are all mentioned. They are not much. Everything that isn't haram or makrooh is by default permissible.

Alhamdulilah, we are grateful for being Muslims

Divorce rates are extremely high between Muslim couples who marry early, reason being within the first year of marriage they see their partner for who they are. Now in the old days this would be frowned upon, and the girl would be shamed into staying in the marriage to protect the dignity of the man, but now that women have more freedom and dictate more for themselves, you can see the results.

Salih

Move right or get left
Divorce rates are extremely high between Muslim couples who marry early, reason being within the first year of marriage they see their partner for who they are. Now in the old days this would be frowned upon, and the girl would be shamed into staying in the marriage to protect the dignity of the man, but now that women have more freedom and dictate more for themselves, you can see the results.
What a bunch of nonsense lmao!

Honestly, if that's how you wanna go with things then thats your game brother. But don't tell others that they have to play the ball your way.

Times have changed and people nowadays don't even ask for permission from the fathers side to get married. My mom and a lot if others did within my community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts