The Sound of the Ancient Egyptian Languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, what do you guys think? I think it sounds beautiful and magical and mysterious at the same time, which basically sums up the Ancient Egyptian civilisation :)

To me, the Ancient Egyptian language has the Cushitic sounds and endings in their words but seems to be influenced by other Afro-Asiastic languages, which I believe to be the Berber and Semitic languages. What’s your take on this?

I've always wondered how they got an A out of a bird?
upload_2018-11-3_16-54-3.png
Like, how did they decipher the hieroglyphics?

and how do they know how to pronounciate the word? I've heard that when the ancient Egyptians used to write, they would leave the vowels out like in Arabic (they don't write the vowels down either). So how do they know hot to pronounciate?

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-3_16-53-12.png
    upload_2018-11-3_16-53-12.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 193
I've always wondered how they got an A out of a bird? View attachment 58357 Like, how did they decipher the hieroglyphics?

and how do they know how to pronounciate the word? I've heard that when the ancient Egyptians used to write, they would leave the vowels out like in Arabic (they don't write the vowels down either). So how do they know hot to pronounciate?

It’s all thanks to the Rosetta stone:

“The Rosetta Stone is a granodiorite stele, found in 1799, inscribed with three versions of a decree issued at Memphis, Egypt in 196 BC during the Ptolemaic dynasty on behalf of King Ptolemy V. The top and middle texts are in Ancient Egyptian using hieroglyphic script and Demotic script, respectively, while the bottom is in Ancient Greek. As the decree has only minor differences between the three versions, the Rosetta Stone proved to be the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs.”

I think the sounds are guessed by using the sounds and pronunciations of other Afro-Asiatic languages.

The ancient Cushites colonized parts of Asia, I can see how they would be influenced by Semitic languages.

The Semitic in the Ancient Egyptian language sounds very much like Ethiopian Semitic. This could be proof that the Afro-Asiatic language family as a whole originated in Africa and not West Asia.

Isn't ancient Egyptian writing vowelless, like Semitic? How do they know what it sounds like when nobody has spoken it in over 2000 years?

Isn't ancient Egyptian writing vowelless, like Semitic? How do they know what it sounds like when nobody has spoken it in over 2000 years?

Like I said, it’s all guesswork. Linguists have borrrowed soundings from other Afro-Asiatic languages to try and complete the AE language. So far, linguists believe it was closely related to Berber and Semitic languages, although the extent is not known.

nigga please. these cadaans man.

They even gave that little cartoon blue eyes.

I am not having any of this.

we waz ancient egyptians!

nigga please. these cadaans man.

They even gave that little cartoon blue eyes.

I am not having any of this.

we waz ancient egyptians!
Lots of white people legit think they were the Ancient Egyptians. And they make fun of madows for claiming it. At least blacks live on the same continent and their skin doesn't burn after standing in the desert sun for five minutes.
:mjlol:

Lots of white people legit think they were the Ancient Egyptians. And they make fun of madows for claiming it. At least blacks live on the same continent and their skin doesn't burn after standing in the desert sun for five minutes.
:mjlol:
cadaans rule things today, so they think it must have been the same back in the days as well.

I seen them claiming some ancient amhara church(2000 years old) in Ethiopia saying the knights of Templars built it. lol wtf.

They think aren't capable of building shit because madoow countries are largely shitholes today.

cadaans rule things today, so they think it must have been the same back in the days as well.

I seen them claiming some ancient amhara church(2000 years old) in Ethiopia saying the knights of Templars built it. lol wtf.

They think ******s aren't capable of building shit because madoow countries are largely shitholes today.
Haha, these cave beasts have barely even held power for 500 years. And already the East Asians (China) are about to eclipse them. I just hope countries around Africa get their shit together too because we could easily be the richest continent on the planet. The natural resources we have could make us an economic powerhouse if our politicians become more like Paul Kagame rather than Jacob Zuma, and stop all the corruption and actually build some shit.
:mjcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending