The Somalia Elections!

The elections are in October?
Who are the candidates running for President? Who is the best candidate?

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Wrote this in another thread and will copy paste.

-------

I get it, Farmaajo is horrible but is any of the other alternatives for this election any better?

I'll be straight up with you, I am from PL, lived there for a bit. I would not say I support Farmaajo laakin I would rather see him be elected than HSM/Shariif et al. If we get 1p1v and there are other candidates, I would vote him out in an instant.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
HSM sold our women for some riyals.

Sheikh Shariif is the kind of guy to lower the age of consent

Abdishakur will sell more of our waters but this time to Ethiopia

Kheyre did not get a hair transplant when his boy Farmaajo did

All of them are d*ckheads man.

Ozworld

La helaa La waayaa
Its not an Election its a Selection, get it right.

few old men locked in a room are making this selection based on tribes and who can pay the most money.

Its not an Election its a Selection, get it right.

few old men locked in a room are making this selection based on tribes and who can pay the most money.

This is propaganda , although Somalia isn't going through 1P1V the elections are legitimate. Our current elections will gather thousands of delegates who represent different regions within Somalia and vote. Those delegates will be tribally based however this is hardly illegitimate when our whole culture is based on tribes.

1P1V won't fix our problems, we should move to removing a tribal based system to a party system however even then it won't be completely 1p1v.

I might run for xamar as an mp cuz they make lots of money I heard :cosbyhmm:
A close friend of our family was an MP for Barawe pre-2016, he only received 3-5k USD per month i beleive.

Most money for MPs is used for security and they used to make money from voting on certain motions at election times.

I might run for xamar as an mp cuz they make lots of money I heard :cosbyhmm:

Saaxiib, as someone from Somaliland all you'd have to do is to show up and they'd probably give you the deputy Prime Minister position. They are so desperate to have people from JSL, especially Isaaqs, to "represent" their people. The hardest part is living with the constant fear of being bombed on a daily basis.
The Somalians know that the SL "representatives" are immediately disowned even by their own families, and not a single of one of them is thereafter able to go back to his city, yet they are stupid enough to pay them handsomely. No ordinary citizens of Somalia thinks they actually represent anyone in SL, but the politicians need the SL "representatives" so they can get any aid money intended for SL.

As @Ozworld pointed out, these are not elections, they are essentially Maffia deals made in smoke filled hotel basements.

HSM sold our women for some riyals.

Sheikh Shariif is the kind of guy to lower the age of consent

Abdishakur will sell more of our waters but this time to Ethiopia

Kheyre did not get a hair transplant when his boy Farmaajo did

All of them are d*ckheads man.
Add this.... Farmaajo sold our hero to Ethiopia and sent our boys to serve them.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Add this.... Farmaajo sold our hero to Ethiopia and sent our boys to serve them.

Good point, I agree. Unequivocally wrong by all counts.

However, it should also be noted Farmaajo is not the first Somali leader to snake the ONLF.

Somaliland has done it:

Puntland has also been accused of handing over ONLF fighters by ONLF themselves:

Even Barre ditched Ogaden fighters towards the end of the Kacaan era.

-----------------

I am not a fan of Somali leaders sacrificing Ogaden to make a deal with Ethiopia. Ogaden are our people and as a representative of Somali people, no leader should leave them behind. However, this tactic has long pre-dated Farmaajo and hopefully the Qalbi-dhagax incident put this habit to bed.

Good point, I agree. Unequivocally wrong by all counts.

However, it should also be noted Farmaajo is not the first Somali leader to snake the ONLF.

Somaliland has done it:

Puntland has also been accused of handing over ONLF fighters by ONLF themselves:

Even Barre ditched Ogaden fighters towards the end of the Kacaan era.

-----------------

I am not a fan of Somali leaders sacrificing Ogaden to make a deal with Ethiopia. Ogaden are our people and as a representative of Somali people, no leader should leave them behind. However, this tactic has long pre-dated Farmaajo and hopefully the Qalbi-dhagax incident put this habit to bed.

SL didn't snake ONLF. Somaliland has never been pro ONLF or supported them to snake them. ONLF and Liyuu police Ogaden have always and still are anti SL and Isaaq people. Ogaden in the WSLF fought the isaaq in the WSLF instead of the Xabash.

"The process of Daarood colonization of the north including seizure of property and economic favouritism at Isaaq expense, greatly intensified under Gani's brutal rule, with the systematic application of the apparatuses of state repression which increased in number and scope after the formation of the Isaaq-based Somali National Movement in April 1981"

They brought their pain on themselves.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
SL didn't snake ONLF. Somaliland has never been pro ONLF or supported them to snake them. ONLF and Liyuu police Ogaden have always and still are anti SL and Isaaq people. Ogaden in the WSLF fought the isaaq in the WSLF instead of the Xabash.

"The process of Daarood colonization of the north including seizure of property and economic favouritism at Isaaq expense, greatly intensified under Gani's brutal rule, with the systematic application of the apparatuses of state repression which increased in number and scope after the formation of the Isaaq-based Somali National Movement in April 1981"

One thing is Somalis fighting each other.

But sending fellow Somalis over to Ethiopia is low, no matter who does it.

ONLF and previously, the WSLF notoriously have committed many atrocities against Isaaq civilians. The ONLF and Liyuu police continue to do so to this day. There is no reason why Somaliland should be in any way pro-ONLF.

One thing is Somalis fighting each other.

But sending fellow Somalis over to Ethiopia is low, no matter who does it.

No love lost, handing over an enemy to another enemy. Blame Abdi iley and his term in DDS for decimating ONLF people. Thats ogaden on ogaden violence. Isaaq have issues with ONLF/WSLF etc.

"In northern Somalia, the Isaaq clans confronted a massive influx of Ogadeni refugees from eastern Ethiopia whom Siyad encouraged to loot property, attack people, and destabilize cities. An instrument of oppression, the Ogadenis and the regular Somali army were viewed as alien forces sent to oppress the Isaaq. Clan animosity intersected with class hatred as rural Ogadeni clansmen harassed Isaaq entrepreneurs with a visceral hatred, convinced that their wealth and urban commodities were undeserved. The Isaaq tell hilarious, but pathetic stories about Ogadenis who stole modern household appliances from homes in Hargeisa, Borama and Burao, then retreated with their β€œtrophies” to use them in the remote pasture lands devoid of electricity.[64]"

No love on either side.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You guys know, you could just arrest the ONLF or deport them from SL into another territory except for Ethiopia.

There are a million other options that you could do that would not be supporting ONLF than sending them back in harms way in Ethiopia.

"Some of these clashes have resulted in large numbers of deaths and injuries, particularly in the conflict between certain Ogaadeeni subclans and the Shekash/Sheikahl clan, and between Ogaadeeni and Isaaq."

You guys know, you could just arrest the ONLF or deport them from SL into another territory except for Ethiopia.

There are a million other options that you could do that would not be supporting ONLF than sending them back in harms way in Ethiopia.
They kill and harm isaaq to this day. Not being the victim, understand there is no love on either side. Shit happens.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
They kill and harm isaaq to this day. Not being the victim, understand there is no love on either side. Shit happens.

I get that. If you guys want to take revenge against their violence, so be it.

However, there are better options than handing them back to Ethiopia.

That is my only point.

Trending

Latest posts