The Somali language basically consists of

There definitely are Somali words for some of these things, we just replaced it with the more popular words

For instance I'm seeing people here saying the word Gari and Dukan are loan words but there are other words for these things as well like Dukan can be called tabakaayo or Babuur/gawaadi for Car, Somali word for pineapple is Cananaas btw

Remember when I said every time you post I get smarter? MashaAllah bro. I remember cananaas and babuur now lol

The Somali language to every other language in the world:

53697461.jpg

Tukraq

VIP
There definitely are Somali words for some of these things, we just replaced it with the more popular words

For instance I'm seeing people here saying the word Gari and Dukan are loan words but there are other words for these things as well like Dukan can be called tabakaayo or Babuur/gawaadi for Car, Somali word for pineapple is Cananaas btw
yup theres a original somali equivalent for all the loan words like @astorecalledkmart Said the French words were used in Djibouti for example weren't picked up In Kismayo or the arabic or English loan words in hargeysa weren't picked up say in nfd or the Swahili wasn't picked up in bosasso so theres original somali words for all the loan words

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Exactly my point lol. All those words are Somali - they use our language. Somali indha adeeg at it's finest

I'll get back to you when I've found answers InshaAllah

Meanwhile, brother @ZakWantsToPlay is a pro at af Soomali mashaAllah. We should use his skillz

I sent my hubby txt regarding this and his reaction is the same as yours, indha adeeg indeed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah you can say that but it’s sad that the loan words are used more smh and ananas is a French word for pineapple.

Tukraq

VIP
Cananaas ain't a Somali word lol. It's used by Arabs, Hindis and it's even a German word.
why would somalis have a separate word for something that dosent grow there? we don't need to have words for every foreign or new thing, whats next a somali word for meme's? we have 100 percent somali words with relation to the context of somalia

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
in Mogadishu somalis say tomato= yaanyo like the swahili nyaayo. who borrowed from who? I think somalis borrowed from them via reer barawe

Lol, Nyanya is from Swahili and NFD somalis say yaanyo. It's obvious who borrowed the word

Tomato? It's English

I've seen landers who say tamadho/tamadha like it ain't an English word:siilaanyolaugh:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Cananaas ain't a Somali word lol. It's used by Arabs, Hindis and it's even a German word.
Add Swedish and Norwegian lol now the question is which of these languages are the oldest? Arabic I’m assuming? Or is which region was pineapple discovered in first the better question?
But then Somali language is older than Swahili.

I win, @NotMyL View attachment 88128
yeah Swahili is not a good example since they themselves have a lot of Portuguese loan words.

Tukraq

VIP
Lol, Nyanya is from Swahili and NFD somalis say yaanyo. It's obvious who borrowed the word

Tomato? It's English

I've seen landers who say tamadho/tamadha like it ain't an English word:siilaanyolaugh:
tomato was discovered like in Mexico not that long ago, who cares if we don't have a original word for it because why would we?

why would somalis have a separate word for something that dosent grow there? we don't need to have words for every foreign or new thing, whats next a somali word for meme's? we have 100 percent somali words with relation to the context of somalia

Huh?? I didn't say anything about needing a new word, I was just saying it isn't an exclusive word for us
:ohno:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:mjohreally:Maybe we influenced Japanese to, I have noticed these words are similar for "I don't know"

-Magaranayo Somali
-Wakaranay Japanese

Trending