The Somali Current

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
How can we benefit from this? :lolbron:

Our Maritime trade that we used to be Masters at... until the colonial age. Also we have random white people studying our water, trying to figure out how to make money off it, and what are Somalis studying now? Their stupid qabil and if they are actually arab or not.
Let's make money off this current shit my Somalis, I'm scheming up some plans as we speak.:pachah1:
Southward_Somali_Current_during_Northeast_Indian_Monsoon.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Current

Also

Two_gigantic_eddies_at_the_north_west_Indian_Ocean_during_Southwest_Monsoon.png

The Great Whirl is a huge anti-cyclonic eddy generated by the Somali current flowing in (northern) summer, and one of the two gigantic Indian Ocean Gyres (the other is the Socotra Gyre). The Great Whirl can be observed between 5-10°N and 52-57°E off the Somali coast in the summer season, a location typically around 200 km southwest of the Socotra Gyre (between June to September).However, in the past both the Great Whirl and the Socotra Gyre have been known to occasionally collapse, and their exact locations differ from year to year. The Great Whirl's typical size is 400–600 km in horizontal diameter,and typical surface current velocity is 1.5-2.0 m/s

Again our brightest minds should be thinking on how to make money off this natural meteorological and maritime phenomena.

This is how I think :hillarybiz: and why I'd be such a great and natural fucking leader.

How can we benefit from this? :lolbron:

Our Maritime trade that we used to be Masters at... until the colonial age. Also we have random white people studying our water, trying to figure out how to make money off it, and what are Somalis studying now? Their stupid qabil and if they are actually arab or not.
Let's make money off this current shit my Somalis, I'm scheming up some plans as we speak.:pachah1:
Southward_Somali_Current_during_Northeast_Indian_Monsoon.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Current

Also

Two_gigantic_eddies_at_the_north_west_Indian_Ocean_during_Southwest_Monsoon.png

The Great Whirl is a huge anti-cyclonic eddy generated by the Somali current flowing in (northern) summer, and one of the two gigantic Indian Ocean Gyres (the other is the Socotra Gyre). The Great Whirl can be observed between 5-10°N and 52-57°E off the Somali coast in the summer season, a location typically around 200 km southwest of the Socotra Gyre (between June to September).However, in the past both the Great Whirl and the Socotra Gyre have been known to occasionally collapse, and their exact locations differ from year to year. The Great Whirl's typical size is 400–600 km in horizontal diameter,and typical surface current velocity is 1.5-2.0 m/s

Again our brightest minds should be thinking on how to make money off this natural meteorological and maritime phenomena.

This is how I think :hillarybiz: and why I'd be such a great and natural fucking leader.

I'm no oceanographer, but judging from that map, it looks like all we'd get is a bunch of dirty, trash infested water from India

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
txu-pclmaps-oclc-795784383-somalia_2012_indian_ocean_range_rings.jpg

The Somali Current flows along the western boundary of northwest Africa in the Arabian Sea. Unlike other strong western boundary currents, the Somali Current reverses seasonally; its reversal has been attributed to the seasonally reversing Indian monsoon wind. The Somali Current is important for both regional climate and ecology and can potentially impact monsoon precipitation. Due to the difficulties in collecting observations due to piracy in the western Arabian Sea over the past decade, the scientific community has relied on numerical ocean models to enhance understanding of the behavior of this current. In this study, we use a global state‐of‐the‐art numerical ocean model that resolves “weather‐scale” features in the ocean, that is, mesoscale eddies, to understand Somali Current drivers and what controls its seasonal reversal. We find that in addition to the local wind, the Somali Current system is influenced by winds and oceanic phenomena distant from the region, which leads to different reversal times in different parts of the current. As a result, we identify three distinct regimes along the Somali Current and analyze their respective dynamics

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Erm.....you mean, The Puntland Current. Get it right next time.

Trending

Latest posts