The Russian navy arrived in Massawa, Eritrea 🇪🇷for a five-day port call. This comes after Russia has been planning to build a navy base in Eritrea.

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
E99FD88D-7AF3-4BBF-A255-915A3EFDF8B2.jpeg

The Russian 🇷🇺 navy arrived in Massawa, Eritrea 🇪🇷 for a five-day port call. This comes after Russia has been planning to build a navy base in Eritrea.

EritreanPost_

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Exactly.

Redsea hungry Ethiopian nationalist be it the Ethiopian government, the Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front, the Oromo elites or Amhara elites.

No one will dare to attack Eritrea or to conquer Eritrea’s sea anymore.

Eritrea will be protected and Eritrea will get hard weapons such as drones, fighter jets, air defence systems etc. All what Eritrea was denied when TPLF led Ethiopian got Eritrea sanctioned for almost 10 years.

And US officials who threatened to attack Eritrea during the Tigray war like US congressman Brad Sherman who called for a naval blockade on Eritrean ports or US ambassador to Eritrea who threatened Eritrea with military actions during the invasion on Somalia in 2000s.

All of them can’t do shit. That’s playing monopoly. They tried to bury my Eritrean people but they didn’t know we are seeds. 🇪🇷🇪🇷🇪🇷☝🏿

Last edited:

EritreanPost_

I thought the Russians were setting up their Red Sea fleet at port Sudan?
Originally they wanted to set up their navy base in Sudan.

Then the new government in Sudan came to power after the Sudanese military toppled Umar Al Bashir.

The new Sudanese government also wanted to grant a naval base to Russia.

But US has pressured Sudan to not allow the Russian navy to set up a base in Sudan.

Then came the civil war Sudan.

Russia had chose Eritrea.

Originally they wanted to set up their navy base in Sudan.

Then the new government in Sudan came to power after the Sudanese military toppled Umar Al Bashir.

The new Sudanese government also wanted to grant a naval base to Russia.

But US has pressured Sudan to not allow the Russian navy to set up a base in Sudan.

Then came the civil war Sudan.

Russia had chose Eritrea.
Do you think the Russians want a base in Somalia or are the Russians prioritizing central/west Africa. Is Iran’s IRGC building a base in Eritrea as well?

EritreanPost_

Do you think the Russians want a base in Somalia or are the Russians prioritizing central/west Africa. Is Iran’s IRGC building a base in Eritrea as well?
I am not aware if Russia wanted to set up a base in Somalia.

But Russia seeks to have a base on the Redsea to expand its influence in the region and to protect its cargos.

And Russia needs a base in the Redsea to mobilize its forces at any time.

HSM beeing pro west, makes it impossible for Russia to set up a base there.

And since soviets backed the Ethiopian Derg army after they backed Somalia for very long time, Somalia under Siad Barre teamed up with the west, that’s why many Somalis are skeptical of both Russia and the west.

2. Should Iran set up base in Eritrea?

better not. I like Iran but Iranian presence in Eritrea, will make the neo cons in the west hate Eritrea even more.

Eritrea already had strong ties with Iran when Eritrea was isolated and sanctioned.

I think good ties with Iran is good but military presence is not needed. Iran can bring Eritrea only more problems as Eritrea doesn’t endorse Houthis strikes, as Iran is under heavy American sanctions and as maybe some Eritrean communities might be sceptical of Iran, because of differences.

Last edited:
I am not aware if Russia wanted to set up a base in Somalia.

But Russia seeks to have a base on the Redsea to expand its influence in the region and to protect its cargos.

And Russia needs a base in the Redsea to mobilize its forces at any time.
Russia is also prioritizing the pacific as the US is moving to the indo-pacific that area especially south china sea is becoming a militarized zone if china takes over Taiwan it’s over for the Americans.
HSM beeing pro west, makes it impossible for Russia to set up a base there.

And since soviets backed the Ethiopian Derg army after they backed Somalia for very long time, Somalia under Siad Barre teamed up with the west, that’s why many Somalis are skeptical of both Russia and the west.
The Russians could instigate a coup like they did in west Africa UAE has also left HSM UAE payed for Wagner operations in Libya, Russian operations in Syria, Russia could provide the weapons while UAE finances it. But I think the ultimate goal is for Al-Shabaab to take over villa Somalia like taliban style.