The ruling on boycotting - Shaykh Dr. Abdul Kareem al-Khudayr

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
Individually opting for a boycott is not expressly deemed as haram or forbidden; it remains a personal choice and matter. Personally, I fail to perceive any harm in abstaining from patronizing establishments like Starbucks or consuming burgers, given that the majority of their clientele is non-Muslim. Additionally, I question the tangible benefits of such actions for the Muslims in Palestine.

Undoubtedly, engaging in protests, demonstrations, and various forms of upheaval or rebellion is considered bidah (innovation) and not aligned with the principles of the Deen of Allah.

techsamatar

I want to mention something that's crossed my mind.

I remember when I was younger I used to carry around this book of The Complete Sherlock Holmes Stories. I was a big fan of reading Sherlock Holmes detective stories. Honestly they were a lot of fun.

And I remember there was this one where I think it was a woman... and she is supposed to have these sensitive documents or something... but Sherlock Holmes can't prove she has them or where she's hiding them. And one day her house catches on fire and Sherlock Holmes rushes to the scene and catches her with the documents!

and I think it's Watson who asks "Sherlock Holmes! how did you know she would have the documents?!"

And I remember Sherlock Holmes explains- "well you see... when your house catches on fire- you immediately run to save your most valuable possession! and so I knew she would run to collect this most valuable secret document!"

I think of this Sherlock Holmes story because.... I think some alleged "Salafis" are like the woman in the story. in a sense, I think we're all like the woman in the story- the house catches on fire and it's put to the test what it is that we really most value.

and I notice- some of these alleged Salafis- the house catches on fire and their priority, out of everything in the house, their priority is to protect the rulers!!!!!!! if I could consult Sherlock Holmes, I think he would conclude something from that.

You're off to a good start again, but I'm a bit puzzled. Are you saying following the ways of the Salaf, who were all about the Quran and Sunnah, is a bit of a downer? And seriously, what's the deal with the ruler obsession and Saudi Arabia? It's almost like some folks care more about them than the so-called Salafis themselves.

Individually opting for a boycott is not expressly deemed as haram or forbidden; it remains a personal choice and matter. Personally, I fail to perceive any harm in abstaining from patronizing establishments like Starbucks or consuming burgers, given that the majority of their clientele is non-Muslim. Additionally, I question the tangible benefits of such actions for the Muslims in Palestine.

Undoubtedly, engaging in protests, demonstrations, and various forms of upheaval or rebellion is considered bidah (innovation) and not aligned with the principles of the Deen of Allah.

"Additionally, I question the tangible benefits of such actions for the Muslims in Palestine."

this is a problem I have with the Saudi-government-approved version of Salafiyyah that's being spread by the ahlul mcdonalds people.... people see Muslims fighting against the enemies in Palestine.... they start viciously attacking the Muslims..... they see Muslims trying to boycott out of solidarity with their brothers in Palestine... they start belittling the efforts of these Muslims who are trying to do what they can...

I respect Sheikh Ibn Baz and Sheikh Uthaymeen.... but some of the propagators of today's "Salafiyyah" are just utter government stooges

You're off to a good start again, but I'm a bit puzzled. Are you saying following the ways of the Salaf, who were all about the Quran and Sunnah, is a bit of a downer? And seriously, what's the deal with the ruler obsession and Saudi Arabia? It's almost like some folks care more about them than the so-called Salafis themselves.

I have a problem with them acting as stooges for the West, I have a problem with them deceiving large numbers of Muslims on a vast scale. I have a problem with them doing garbage like inviting Shakira to the birthplace of Islam, I have a lot of problems with the Saudi of today and my opposition is 100 percent justified. in fact, I'm being mild. I'm being very mild. I know more than I've said so far and I can point to certain aspects of Islam that the Saudi-backed scholars are hiding from people. there are aspects of Islam that are being hidden and distorted.

some person might come and say how "on the minhaj" they are but I know the Salafi world very well and from the inside. it isn't that I don't know about this stuff and that's why I think the way I do... it's because I know about certain things very well.

I believe 100 % in following the salaf and no one should accuse me of otherwise. but being a stooge of the Saudi government has nothing to do with the way of the salaf. and the forces running Saudi have nothing to do with the way of the salaf.

techsamatar

"Additionally, I question the tangible benefits of such actions for the Muslims in Palestine."

this is a problem I have with the Saudi-government-approved version of Salafiyyah that's being spread by the ahlul mcdonalds people.... people see Muslims fighting against the enemies in Palestine.... they start viciously attacking the Muslims..... they see Muslims trying to boycott out of solidarity with their brothers in Palestine... they start belittling the efforts of these Muslims who are trying to do what they can...

I respect Sheikh Ibn Baz and Sheikh Uthaymeen.... but some of the propagators of today's "Salafiyyah" are just utter government stooges
Let's drop the made-up fantasies. No one's mocking or bothering about anyone choosing to boycott. Just a reminder, if you're boycotting, don't forget to add Instagram and Google to the list, given their Jewish ownership and funding. And hey, throw in Facebook while you're at it.

If you believe that individuals in the West boycotting food and drinks would make a real impact, by all means. I haven't encountered any Salafi claiming it's haram or forbidden. But when folks start pushing it on other Muslims and laying on the guilt trip for not joining in, that's when we might need to take a step back and chill.

The only thing that got called out was the whole protesting and these useless demonstrations. No doubt, it's considered Bidah and not in line with Islam. It's just causing more trouble and sin for individuals than any good it might do for Muslims in Palestine.

Let's drop the made-up fantasies. No one's mocking or bothering about anyone choosing to boycott. Just a reminder, if you're boycotting, don't forget to add Instagram and Google to the list, given their Jewish ownership and funding. And hey, throw in Facebook while you're at it.

If you believe that individuals in the West boycotting food and drinks would make a real impact, by all means. I haven't encountered any Salafi claiming it's haram or forbidden. But when folks start pushing it on other Muslims and laying on the guilt trip for not joining in, that's when we might need to take a step back and chill.

The only thing that got called out was the whole protesting and these useless demonstrations. No doubt, it's considered Bidah and not in line with Islam. It's just causing more trouble and sin for individuals than any good it might do for Muslims in Palestine.

let's drop gaslighting as though we don't have Faris, Shamsi and a whole gang of stooges going around attacking the efforts of Muslims to boycott starbucks and mcdonalds. and I posted a video on another thread where Shamsi can be seen mocking the boycott.

techsamatar

I have a problem with them acting as stooges for the West, I have a problem with them deceiving large numbers of Muslims on a vast scale. I have a problem with them doing garbage like inviting Shakira to the birthplace of Islam, I have a lot of problems with the Saudi of today and my opposition is 100 percent justified. in fact, I'm being mild. I'm being very mild. I know more than I've said so far and I can point to certain aspects of Islam that the Saudi-backed scholars are hiding from people. there are aspects of Islam that are being hidden and distorted.

some person might come and say how "on the minhaj" they are but I know the Salafi world very well and from the inside. it isn't that I don't know about this stuff and that's why I think the way I do... it's because I know about certain things very well.

I believe 100 % in following the salaf and no one should accuse me of otherwise. but being a stooge of the Saudi government has nothing to do with the way of the salaf. and the forces running Saudi have nothing to do with the way of the salaf.
There's a bit of a contradiction game going on here. On one hand, you claim Saudi rulers are all about the Salaf, but then they seem to be leaning toward the secular and liberal side. Doesn't this throw a wrench in the whole 'Salafis are Saudi puppets' narrative?

Last time I checked, it's the Salafi sheikhs and scholars who are getting thrown in jail and, in some cases, slapped with the death penalty by our favorite secular leader, MBS. Quite the twist, isn't it?

this thread hasn't said anything about protests or demonstrations. that you bring it up in this way reminds of me how you have people who randomly tell Muslims they need to return to tawheed as they just randomly assume random Muslims are committing shirk. nowhere in this thread have I discussed protests or demonstrations.

There's a bit of a contradiction game going on here. On one hand, you claim Saudi rulers are all about the Salaf, but then they seem to be leaning toward the secular and liberal side. Doesn't this throw a wrench in the whole 'Salafis are Saudi puppets' narrative?

Last time I checked, it's the Salafi sheikhs and scholars who are getting thrown in jail and, in some cases, slapped with the death penalty by our favorite secular leader, MBS. Quite the twist, isn't it?

when have I said Saudi rulers are all about the Salaf? when have I said that ever?

techsamatar

let's drop gaslighting as though we don't have Faris, Shamsi and a whole gang of stooges going around attacking the efforts of Muslims to boycott starbucks and mcdonalds. and I posted a video on another thread where Shamsi can be seen mocking the boycott.
I watched Shamsi and Faris Live, and I swear, neither of them ever said that individual boycotting is haram or forbidden. The only noise I heard was from the liberal hypocrites and their army, trying to bully and pressure anyone who didn't jump on the boycott bandwagon.

also when have I said Salafis are Saudi puppets? I have never said that. if you want to dispute something I've said, ok but you shouldn't attribute something to me I haven't said and then criticize something you attribute to me falsely. I believe in Salafiyyah.

I watched Shamsi and Faris Live, and I swear, neither of them ever said that individual boycotting is haram or forbidden. The only noise I heard was from the liberal hypocrites and their army, trying to bully and pressure anyone who didn't jump on the boycott bandwagon.

what does any of this have to do with liberalism?? I can promise you, I utterly condemn the ideas that there are a bajillion genders and... queer dance theory or whatever it is liberals are up to. I have nothing to do with whatever they're up to.

techsamatar

also when have I said Salafis are Saudi puppets? I have never said that. if you want to dispute something I've said, ok but you shouldn't attribute something to me I haven't said and then criticize something you attribute to me falsely. I believe in Salafiyyah.
"Saudi-government-approved version of Salafiyyah"

techsamatar

I've never quite grasped the whole obsession with Saudi. Sure, we're living in times the Prophet predicted, but can we all just take a moment to fix ourselves instead of acting like these rulers have some divine power from Allah?

Verily, Allaah will not change the (good) condition of a people as long as they do not change their state (of goodness) themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allaah)” [al-Ra'd 13:11]

techsamatar

Mashallah you follow the ways of Salaf.

I've never quite grasped the whole obsession with Saudi. Sure, we're living in times the Prophet predicted, but can we all just take a moment to fix ourselves instead of acting like these rulers have some divine power from Allah?

Verily, Allaah will not change the (good) condition of a people as long as they do not change their state (of goodness) themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allaah)” [al-Ra'd 13:11]

being ruled by traitors is kind of a big deal.

I also want to elaborate further.

tawakkul.

tawakkul does not mean only trusting in Allah and not adopting means. you trust in Allah but... you also utilize the means. you trust in Allah but you still take medicine, for example.

we should pray, make dua, all of that. but it doesn't mean we stick our heads in the sand and have no idea as to what's going on in the world as the farris and shamsi types want us to do.