The ruling on boycotting - Shaykh Dr. Abdul Kareem al-Khudayr

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst. #PIM
VIP
Yesterday I saw a so called sheikh saying we can't boycott till a ruler or government orders a boycott. Why do I need a corrupt ruler to tell me what I can or cannot buy?

Yesterday I saw a so called sheikh saying we can't boycott till a ruler or government orders a boycott. Why do I need a corrupt ruler to tell me what I can or cannot buy?

honestly, I think anyone who says you need a ruler's permission in order to boycott is either really clueless or they have an agenda. that whole claim is clearly refuted by a hadih in Saheeh Bukhari (cited in the video below).

I am not a fan of Bro Hajji and I don't support his other stuff- but what he says here is right

honestly, I think anyone who says you need a ruler's permission in order to boycott is either really clueless or they have an agenda. that whole claim is clearly refuted by a hadih in Saheeh Bukhari (cited in the video below).

I am not a fan of Bro Hajji and I don't support his other stuff- but what he says here is right

Rabbi Faris Hammadistein

barakAllahufeekum. the fact that you would say something like this I think is proof that you are truly a sincere person.
I’ve always been a sincere person. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it with no issue. My heart as lways been about what I believe to be right or wrong and not about ill intentions or to subvert the truth.

I went away after our conversation, thought about it and my moral conscious couldn’t stand the nonsense some Salafi scholars have been parroting.

I want to mention something that's crossed my mind.

I remember when I was younger I used to carry around this book of The Complete Sherlock Holmes Stories. I was a big fan of reading Sherlock Holmes detective stories. Honestly they were a lot of fun.

And I remember there was this one where I think it was a woman... and she is supposed to have these sensitive documents or something... but Sherlock Holmes can't prove she has them or where she's hiding them. And one day her house catches on fire and Sherlock Holmes rushes to the scene and catches her with the documents!

and I think it's Watson who asks "Sherlock Holmes! how did you know she would have the documents?!"

And I remember Sherlock Holmes explains- "well you see... when your house catches on fire- you immediately run to save your most valuable possession! and so I knew she would run to collect this most valuable secret document!"

I think of this Sherlock Holmes story because.... I think some alleged "Salafis" are like the woman in the story. in a sense, I think we're all like the woman in the story- the house catches on fire and it's put to the test what it is that we really most value.

and I notice- some of these alleged Salafis- the house catches on fire and their priority, out of everything in the house, their priority is to protect the rulers!!!!!!! if I could consult Sherlock Holmes, I think he would conclude something from that.

6C8F890F-32E5-4B8C-96FE-3F430221DC44.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts