The rise of Qabiilism in Generation Z is worrying.

Somalis have always been a tribal nation and will ever be. Growing up, I lived through the most turbulent times in our history. For many of the younger stock it's all stories, for my generation it was reality. We were displaced (qax) and lived in refugee camps, The Somali inhabited peninsula of the 90s was, to say the least, a shit hole.

Many of the boys and girls we played together had themselves been maimed by the war in some form or the other, playgrounds were not safe and one would always worry about undetonated bombs lying around. said "playgrounds" had abandoned tanks, technicals and other weapons, I personally loved the whistling sound that bullet casings make when I blow into them. if not physically maimed one would have lost a loved one, a parent, a sibling etc in the war.

Regardless of everything, many grew up to be decent humans. We do use tribalism to navigate daily living, it's a necessity after all. To get a job or deal with the stagnant bureaucracy of Somali administrations.

However, Qabiil talk in public forums was always considered a deficiency of intellect or character. Qabiil was a dirty necessity that we dealt with in secret but never in the open. If one brings up qabiil in a public forum the only acceptable form was that of praise, such as reserved for weddings, crowning tribal chiefs etc.

My generation continued to marry across Qabiil and one would have friends of diverse tribal backgrounds.

The barrage of younger Generation Z all born after the new millennium that misunderstands qabiil and use it as a barometer to measure other people, befriending only ones of their own clan and marrying from within is sickening. This is the grounds for more division, more distrust and animosity.
To make matters worse , social media is rife with people with hashtags #proudinsertqabiil, youngins "dissing" other qabiils and all of this in the open and in a rather normal fashion.

Call me old school, but I will live to the motto of "ama dil and noolee" either kill or let live! not in between.

50 years ago , The revered Somali poet Timocadde said:
Dugsi ma leh Qabyaaladi, waxay dumiso mooyaan!
Tribalism has no warmth, except destruction!.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
I sort of believe people are their worst version in the internet. I doubt many people here would utter the things they say here in real life. @ our place we don't talk about qabiil that much too. I was initially always taken aback by some of the things I saw here.

Sol

?
When you see them in real life you can start worrying dont take anything said online serious

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have friends of diverse tribes and have not made any pejorative against other tribes despite that I'm quite resolute about marrying from within my clan. :jcoleno:If he isn't a Samaroon with an advanced degree I will friendzone him and there is nothing he can do about that. I'm beyond redemption.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I have friends of diverse tribes and have not made any pejorative against other tribes despite that I'm quite resolute about marrying from within my clan. :jcoleno:If he isn't a Samaroon with an advanced degree I will friendzone him and there is nothing he can do about that.
Shocked The Lord Of The Rings GIF by Maudit

So you are naag qabiiliist? To think I used to hold you in such high regard, young lady.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
And qabiil factors into your taste. QABIIIILIIIIST IYO NUS!

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

:drakelaugh:Yes; because I can control them best. There is nothing more delicious than a miskeen Gadabuursi man that I can manipulate with words and beauty and use tribal guilt against. I'm not a fan of the quarrelsome ones from the tol. We would certainly clash. I even have a particular temperament in mind.

I have friends of diverse tribes and have not made any pejorative against other tribes despite that I'm quite resolute about marrying from within my clan. :jcoleno:If he isn't a Samaroon with an advanced degree I will friendzone him and there is nothing he can do about that. I'm beyond redemption.
omg your samaroon aswell!!!! Ayeeeeee! Awdal state!!!! 🤣🤣

Btw now it makes why you love the saylici dance. I can’t lie we have the best traditional dance ahahah it’s soo diverse and beautiful. Don’t get me wrong I love dhanto but Saylici is where it’s at!!

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Somalis have always been a tribal nation and will ever be. Growing up, I lived through the most turbulent times in our history. For many of the younger stock it's all stories, for my generation it was reality. We were displaced (qax) and lived in refugee camps, The Somali inhabited peninsula of the 90s was, to say the least, a shit hole.

Many of the boys and girls we played together had themselves been maimed by the war in some form or the other, playgrounds were not safe and one would always worry about undetonated bombs lying around. said "playgrounds" had abandoned tanks, technicals and other weapons, I personally loved the whistling sound that bullet casings make when I blow into them. if not physically maimed one would have lost a loved one, a parent, a sibling etc in the war.

Regardless of everything, many grew up to be decent humans. We do use tribalism to navigate daily living, it's a necessity after all. To get a job or deal with the stagnant bureaucracy of Somali administrations.

However, Qabiil talk in public forums was always considered a deficiency of intellect or character. Qabiil was a dirty necessity that we dealt with in secret but never in the open. If one brings up qabiil in a public forum the only acceptable form was that of praise, such as reserved for weddings, crowning tribal chiefs etc.

My generation continued to marry across Qabiil and one would have friends of diverse tribal backgrounds.

The barrage of younger Generation Z all born after the new millennium that misunderstands qabiil and use it as a barometer to measure other people, befriending only ones of their own clan and marrying from within is sickening. This is the grounds for more division, more distrust and animosity.
To make matters worse , social media is rife with people with hashtags #proudinsertqabiil, youngins "dissing" other qabiils and all of this in the open and in a rather normal fashion.

Call me old school, but I will live to the motto of "ama dil and noolee" either kill or let live! not in between.

Blame that on their parents. a moneky acts like a monkey-- i posted a recent prank video in the uk-- Xaliimo pranking her dad that she is going to sweden and marrying a total stranger. Instead of the Dad asking-- r u nuts? He asks what is his qabil? I was struggle to know if he means to find out a fellow qabil man is les of a monster or a serial killer of his beloved manish daughter?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
:drakelaugh:Yes; because I can control them best. There is nothing more delicious than a miskeen Gadabuursi man that I can manipulate with words and beauty and use tribal guilt against. I'm not a fan of the quarrelsome ones from the tol. We would certainly clash. I even have a particular temperament in mind.
Acudhubillah. Miskiin iyo I can manipulate with words and use tribal guilt kulaha.

prayer GIF

Tbh as a hoyo matalo I have met a lot of qabilist girls (which I find disgusting because we don’t pass on qabil and it really doesn’t benefit us) that hail from a certain tribe. I’ll give you guys a hint it ends with AAQ LOL. I also blame those stupid wristbands I despise those with a passion.

Tbh as a hoyo matalo I have met a lot of qabilist girls (which I find disgusting because we don’t pass on qabil and it really doesn’t benefit us) that hail from a certain tribe. I’ll give you guys a hint it ends with AAQ LOL. I also blame those stupid wristbands I despise those with a passion.
It has nothing to do with wristbands, those girls were brainwashed by their cuqdad ridden families to believe every one from d block to h block wronged them. They families probably celebrate whenever a qarax happens in konfuur or pl.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
SOMALILAND HANOOLATO! AWDALLAND HABURBURTO!

jk jk

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Removed

Gif-King
VIP

The playground insults arent what destroys its the nepotism and hidden clan bias that did.

I am pro-qabiil and we are never going back to hiding behind a Wadani shirt. Those cowards are what brought the warlord era

SOMALILAND HANOOLATO! AWDALLAND HABURBURTO!

jk jk

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
HEEEEEY!!!! Tread slowly 😡 LOOl
Alhamdulilah am far from qabilist and more wadani tbh because that would benefit all of us. Y’all should learn from us Djiboutian ppl (i know our country is farrrrrr from perfect but atleast we can live peacefully with different tribes and ethnicity).
Our slogan is: Nous sommes Djiboutiens 🇩🇯

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
HEEEEEY!!!! Tread slowly 😡 LOOl
Alhamdulilah am far from qabilist and more wadani tbh because that would benefit all of us. Y’all should learn from us Djiboutian ppl (i know our country is farrrrrr from perfect but atleast we can live peacefully with different tribes and ethnicity).
Our slogan is: Nous sommes Djiboutiens 🇩🇯
When are you guys going to coup the fat man, wallahi? Nacalaa ku yaal. That man lives in a palace while he leases your country out like a brood mare for military bases and thousands of your people beg in the streets and live in SLUMS! There is no reason why such a small country sitting on a key part of one of the world's busiest trade routes is not filthy rich!