The problem with farmaajo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with farmaajo and nabad iyo nolol in general isn’t that their premise is wrong ( being tough on Somalia, no nonsense etc) it’s that they can’t do it and will never be able to do so why bother?

Remember back in school there were the strict teachers that all the kids respected and the ones that tried to act tough but it would only back fire on them. Those subs that would come in and try to control the kids through yelling, but the kids could see through it, no child would be intimidated. In fact they would only further be amused and start bullying the teacher. Because they aren’t naturally powerful, once they lose control of that class there is literally nothing they can do to ever get the respect of the children back

Farmaajo wasted so much of his term trying to discipline them like MSB but he will never be barre he doesn’t even have his own army

He wasted 2 years he would never get back. Instead of wasting time on useless endeavors he could have spent that time doing something that would promote positivity and put him in a better light like a literacy campaign, agricultural projects, well building etc seriously, who said foreign my os should do these things, why isn’t it a concern for the leader of the country??

Security is a priority but it’s not like things haven’t gotten worse anyway. Dare I say Somalia was safer under HSM :manny:

Bohol

VIP
You have to understand President Farmaajo is dealing with terrorists + moryaans (spoilers) +external spoilers. It is not a easy task.

You have to understand President Farmaajo is dealing with terrorists + moryaans (spoilers) +external spoilers. It is not a easy task.
That’s my point. I definitely don’t think it’s a task that farmaajo is equipped to handle. Things could likely implode long before it ever reaches a stage where he finally tames them

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Somalis especially those in the war torn South NEED a heavy handed approach but at the same time they don’t want to be ruled by government and law and order they are stubborn its not gonna work s are like the mafia can you reason and negotiate with mafia? you either kill them or jail them they only understand force what they want ideally and what’s good for them don’t match

Farm

VIP
Unfortunately at this stage only cousins of the PM and the president still support this failed regime. Under this regime corruption has reached all time highs (the finance minister stole $40+ million), security has gone to levels not seen since pre-2010, FGS-FMS relations are at an all time low, etc.

Having said all that no matter what the failed regime does even if they were the best government we could ask for, they will never succeed as the Hutus that unfortunately make up the majority of the regions they govern are lawless... similar in characteristics to primates, except these primates blow themselves up.

1280px-Hylobates_lar_pair_of_white_and_black_01.jpg

VIP
The problem is not one man or administration but our culture. The uk knew this country was screwed even before it's independence and they hit the nail on the head.

UK Intelligence Feared 'Anarchy' In Somalia
Newly released documents from 1960 show officials predicted Somalia could descend into violent conflict.

Newly released documents from the National Archives also described Somalis as "volatile and opportunist" people whose "deepest loyalty" was towards family and tribe.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-intelligence-feared-anarchy-in-somalia-10433178

The somali race is terminally ill.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
So we should all give up?? We don't need that defeatist mentality.

So we should all give up?? We don't need that defeatist mentality.
I’m not saying that. Just that they need to find a better way. What was the old saying, if you’re gonna muzzle a gator you better get it on your first try. I think you catch my drift.

The problem is not one man or administration but our culture. The uk knew this country was screwed even before it's independence and they hit the nail on the head.

UK Intelligence Feared 'Anarchy' In Somalia
Newly released documents from 1960 show officials predicted Somalia could descend into violent conflict.

Newly released documents from the National Archives also described Somalis as "volatile and opportunist" people whose "deepest loyalty" was towards family and tribe.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-intelligence-feared-anarchy-in-somalia-10433178

The somali race is terminally ill.
I agree. So maybe a united Somalia is the problem

VIP
I agree. So maybe a united Somalia is the problem

LOL nope. You could break the country into 10 pieces and the same anarchists would be present in every single one of them. Some groups are less wild than others but even the best amongst us are uncivilized in my opinion.

Show me a region or state that upholds equality for all it's citizens and is free from qabil politics and I'll change my mind.

Farm

VIP
LOL nope. You could break the country into 10 pieces and the same anarchists would be present in every single one of them. Some groups are less wild than others but even the best amongst us are uncivilized in my opinion.

Show me a region or state that upholds equality for all it's citizens and is free from qabil politics and I'll change my mind.

Name a single African country that has achieved any of what you said...

Somalia of today is beyond a failed state, southern regions near the capital are completely occupied by al shabab meaning we will never get the arms embargo lifted, amisom protects the weak FGS stuck in a one bedroom villa, aid for the different states routinely get stolen, etc.

A Balkanized Somalia is far better than what we have today.

Last edited:

You have tooo high of standards. The only 2 things I’m concerned here is a.) being able to walk freely without fear of explosion or AS and b.) decreased poverty/better standards of living. Besides I know most places would still be trash but they are not all on the same level some regions would excel others would crash and burn. and we are not all uncivilized the civil war just affected everyone.

VIP
Name a single African country that has achieved any of what you said...

Somalia of today is beyond a failed state, southern regions near the capital are completely occupied by al shabab meaning we will never get the arms embargo lifted, amisom protects the weak FGS stuck in a one bedroom villa, aid routinely gets stolen, etc.

A Balkanized Somalia is far better than what we have today.

I was talking on Regional/ state level within somalia where the ppl are even more homogeneous. Your politics are all based on clans and there's 0 justice were "landheers" get to do whatever they want like we've seen in recent high profile cases. The new balkinized nations will follow the same recipe that made Somalia sink.

You have tooo high of standards. The only 2 things I’m concerned here is a.) being able to walk freely without fear of explosion or AS and b.) decreased poverty/better standards of living. Besides I know most places would still be trash but they are not all on the same level some regions would excel others would crash and burn. and we are not all uncivilized the civil war just affected everyone.

lol aight agree to disagree walalayaal. We'll clearly never be on the same wave length since you guys think only moryaans are problematic and refuse to introspect

He is not different than HSM and all other presidents, before him, after 1991. Unreal amount of corruption, tribalism, dubious deals with third parties, unpaid soldiers, attemped the killing of opposition politicians, and ect. He broke almost all of his promises, like defeating Alshebab within 2 years. They brag about Somalinimo but gave away "Qalbidhagax" to Ethopia. Instead of concentrating on the security of Xamar he travels more than even HSM, which he criticized for traveling. I could go on and on.

The problem with Farmaajos Administration is, they lack competence. Simple as that. Difficult circumstances are not an excuse for failure, why did he run for presidency in the first place, when he hadn't a plan for solving the problems that Villa Somalia face.

As you said they should concentrate on the problems that they really have. First and foremost, the only place he has power in is xamar (with foreign help), so he should have concentrated on the security and how he can rule xamar with out the foreign aid. Secondly the overall dealing with terrorism. Thirdly a constitution and how the relationship is with the 5 states, because till this day Somalia claims to be a federal country, but the truth is their is no constitution, which defines what federalism in Somalia means. And the last step would have been talks with Somaliland.

But what did people expect from an American citizen, who hadn't had a remarkable political history and a PM who came to Europe as young guy and worked for an oil company ? Did anyone thought these two, have any qualities that Somalia needed ? Their only achievement is, they have blind followers, who promote them through social media. The only people that support this government are qabilists, people with ulterior motives and some blind nationalist in the diaspora, who think as a Wadani you shouldn't critize the government at all.

I was talking on Regional/ state level within somalia where the ppl are even more homogeneous. Your politics are all based on clans and there's 0 justice were "landheers" get to do whatever they want like we've seen in recent high profile cases. The new balkinized nations will follow the same recipe that made Somalia sink.

lol aight agree to disagree walalayaal. We'll clearly never be on the same wave length since you guys think only moryaans are problematic and refuse to introspect
I never said all somalis don’t have problems just that they aren’t all the same levels. You have to be realistic in what you expect from somalis. I mean there isn’t a lot of hope for expecting somaliland or puntland would have been able to somehow create booming sectors and become wealthy in that time frame and without the right administration or organizational tools) But they are leagues above southerners who go out of their way to create chaos, support alshabab, resist any form of governance etc.

VIP
I never said all somalis don’t have problems just that they aren’t all the same levels. You have to be realistic in what you expect from somalis. I mean there isn’t a lot of hope for expecting somaliland or puntland would have been able to somehow create booming sectors and become wealthy in that time frame and without the right administration or organizational tools) But they are leagues above southerners who go out of their way to create chaos, support alshabab, resist any form of governance etc.

Makes sense :ehh:

There are many more ethnic groups, languages and clans in the south than there are in the north, so let's not act like you haven't been dealt easier cards.

Still no excuse for their behavior though

Farmajo doesn't have proper military control over Makka Mukarama road like previous admin what do you expect even if he tried to be like MSB he wouldn't be able to

Problem with Farmaajo?

@Kingcobra is absolutely right

Anarchist, opportunists, ungovernable people's is what we Somali are.

Regardless of where you look injustice & tribal politics is the norm in every FMS, secessionist land or the cesspool of crime that is Xamar

After the cheeseman there will be another & I'll bet my house Somali's will oppose him.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
As you said @SilverL, this government has wasted its political capital on things that they were never capable of.

Farmajo's priorities are completely out of order. He has wasted the last two years trying to centralize the country and consolidate power to a city that he doesn't even control. He thinks that he can dictate to successful regions that have solved the issues the south is facing long ago.

Even as an ardent centralist, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on securing the capital and establishing a strong base from which to expand influence from? He's put the cart way before the horse.

The problem with somalia is its never suppose to change. Too many terrorists and foreign peace spoilers want it the way it is if not worst. We can have someone better than farmaajo and it will be the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts