The Pharaoh who received a Passport [True Story]

The body of Ramesses II was deteriorating badly due to fungoid growth. Consequently, France offered to give treatment to eradicate the fungoid growth on the Pharaoh's corpse. However, since the Egyptians consider the Mummy of Ramasses II one of the many National treasures of their Nation, they feared the French would not return his body. Therefore, Egypt issued a Passport for Ramesses II to ensure his return after the treatment was completed:
42741164_2302733256435105_18416308664139776_o-scaled.jpg

Last edited:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The body of Ramesses II was deteriorating badly due to fungoid growth. Consequently, France offered to give treatment to eradicate the fungoid growth on the Pharaoh's corpse. However, since the Egyptians consider the Mummy of Ramasses II one of the many National treasures of their Nation, they feared the French would not return him and steal him. Therefore, Egypt issued a Passport for Ramesses II to ensure his return after the treatment was completed:
Lol his and lenin's corpse creeps me out.

:mjlol:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The body of Ramesses II was deteriorating badly due to fungoid growth. Consequently, France offered to give treatment to eradicate the fungoid growth on the Pharaoh's corpse. However, since the Egyptians consider the Mummy of Ramasses II one of the many National treasures of their Nation, they feared the French would not return him and steal him. Therefore, Egypt issued a Passport for Ramesses II to ensure his return after the treatment was completed:

Ramesses II must have been an imposing handsome man. That humongous noble head wasted on being a kufaar. Poor soul

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nope. He was an Ethnic Egyptian and belonged to the 19th Dynasty; he ruled Egypt during the New Kingdom/Egyptian Empire period which is the most celebrated era in Egypt's history:
375px-Egypt_1450_BC.svg.png
Interesting. Ethnic AE egyptians are a mystery. They mixed with various invaders over time. Their phenotypes are subject to criticism. They are just as mixed as modern day arabs who mixed with persians and byzantines in multitudes.

But yes in essence he is from the paternal seed of the AE clearly, since they royal bloodline is kept pure. But how pure is pure in a conquered nation that was invaded by multiple entities.

Last edited:
I

Interesting. Ethnic AE egyptians are a mystery. They mixed with various invaders over time. Their phenotypes are subject to criticism. They are just as mixed as modern day arabs who mixed with persians and byzantines in multitudes.

But yes in essence he is from the paternal seed of the AE clearly, since they royal bloodline is kept pure. But how pure is pure in a conquered nation that was invaded by multiple entities.
The debate on who were the Old Egyptians is settled, its common knowledge that Modern Egyptians are their closest relatives/direct descendants.

I'm more interested in learning about the racial identity of the Ancient Puntites. Like for instance, if they were genetically similar to Modern Cushites or if they were more Egyptian/North African-like.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Here's a reconstruction of him:
f94e92638f40770ebcb5c11cf8af9245.jpg

He had a very Gracile South Med phenotype.

I don't agree with this reconstruction. This one looks like a mild monk. Ramesses II must have been manly, noble & imposing. Alpha energy thats makes xaliimo shut up & listen

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The debate on who were the Old Egyptians is now closed, its common knowledge that Modern Egyptians are their closest relatives/direct descendants.

I'm more interested in learning about the racial identity of the Ancient Puntites. Like for instance, if they were genetically similar to Modern Cushites or if they were more Egyptian/North African-like.
Yes, that was not my argument at all. Just that their phenotypes may have changed over time due to mixing with various invading populations.

Your second point is more intriguing indeed. If only somalis were stable enough for a decade or two or archaeological excavations with LIDAR Aerial mapping. Do you know how many foundations of ancient structures of ancient civilisations have been found under sand or under depths of ground?

I'm hoping in the future we can study the puntite history and Horn history with other cultures such as the persians and the macrobian interaction. Where was cambyses's Army hwen it perished? cambyses marched south to challenge the macrobians and it was stated hsi army disappeared in the desert between punt and sudan. Very interesting stuff.

Apollo

VIP

I am almost certain that the Ancient Puntites were more MENA than today's Cushites. The further back in time you go in Afro-Asiatic settled areas of Africa generally the higher the MENA %s generally are. Archaeogenetics from Kenya (South Cushites) has showed this pattern. Some of them found in Kenya were almost as MENA as today's Tigrinya people. The more time has elapsed, the more SSA is generally acquired because of local African hunter-gatherers joining pastoralists/agropastoralists during the Bronze Age and afterwards.

I am almost certain that the Ancient Puntites were more MENA than today's Cushites. The further back in time you go in Afro-Asiatic settled areas of Africa generally the higher the MENA %s generally are. Archaeogenetics from Kenya (South Cushites) has showed this pattern. Some of them found in Kenya were almost as MENA as today's Tigrinya people. The more time has elapsed, the more SSA is generally acquired because of local African hunter-gatherers joining pastoralists/agropastoralists during the Bronze Age and afterwards.
What is the amount of ssa admixture in modern day Somalis? Ive read conflicting papers, what’s your take?

Apollo

VIP
What is the amount of ssa admixture in modern day Somalis? Ive read conflicting papers, what’s your take?

60% is the figure for ethnic Somalis. 45-50% is of proto-Nilotic (Sudan) origin, 10-15% is of extinct Eastern HOA hunter-gatherer origin.

60% is the figure for ethnic Somalis. 45-50% is of proto-Nilotic (Sudan) origin, 10-15% is of extinct Eastern HOA hunter-gatherer origin.
How do you reconcile that with this excerpt,
“The ADMIXTURE results (Fig. 1) indicate that the subjects of this study constitute a homogeneous and representative sample of Somalis having approximately 60% East-African and 40% West Eurasian gene components. The K3 factor in Fig. 1A corresponds to the ADMIXTURE K10 in Fig. 1A of Hodgson et al.16 and shows approximately 60% East African and 40% West Eurasian (25% West Asian and 15% North African) ancestry in the Somali population”

Apollo

VIP
@Geostars

The proto-Cushites did not have this 10-15% HOA HG. Just with math you can prove that Somalis have become more SSA than their progenitors.

60%(45&15)+40%

came from:

53%+47%