The Orma ethnic group

Are the Orma Natives to Southern Somalia?

• Yes they are

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No, they invaders from Kenya

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cushitic Urheimat is further north and west, my own estimate for the Cushitic homeland is in central Ethiopia and the East Cushitic urheimat just north and west of the Bale Mountains, in the rift valley lakes.

People are estimating based on current population distribution but in earlier times there were more Cushitic people living in what is now mostly Amhara territory. 2000 years ago what is now Amhara regions was inhabited almost entirely by Cushitic peoples, it was colonized by Xabesh during the Aksumite Empire era.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
The Cushitic Urheimat is further north and west, my own estimate for the Cushitic homeland is in central Ethiopia and the East Cushitic urheimat just north and west of the Bale Mountains, in the rift valley lakes.
Due to how much Eurasian DNA all Cushitic ethnic groups have in them, the origin of the Cushitic languages os probably what is now the Sahara. We probably split from the Berber/Chadic group and migrated down to the horn of Africa.

Due to how much Eurasian DNA all Cushitic ethnic groups have in them, the origin of the Cushitic languages os probably what is now the Sahara. We probably split from the Berber/Chadic group and migrated down to the horn of Africa.

Possibly though that's too far back in history to make any solid theories. The urheimat for Afro Asiatic could have been literally anywhere, there's no way to know, we can just make educated guesses.

Apollo

VIP
Really? :leon:Never knew Omotic people carry T1a.

Many Southwest Ethiopians have Cushitic admixture because Oromos have tried to push into their territory and have mixed with them. Only a handful of tribes in the Omo Valley like the Ari Blacksmiths lack Cushitic admixture altogether.

Apollo

VIP

People are estimating based on current population distribution but in earlier times there were more Cushitic people living in what is now mostly Amhara territory. 2000 years ago what is now Amhara regions was inhabited almost entirely by Cushitic peoples, it was colonized by Xabesh during the Aksumite Empire era.

Personally, I think the Cushitic Urheimat was in what is now Nubian and Beja territory.

Then Cushites took different routes into the Horn. One via the Ethiopian highlands (Ethiopian Highland Cushites) and one via Eritrea and the Afar desert (Lowland Cushites best represented by Afars and Somalis).

The East Cushitic Urheimat was probably in Afar and Somali territories. Then groups moved from that area and pushed into Southern Ethiopian Highlands and North Kenya from there.

The Cushitic Urheimat was in the Horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending