The official fasting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Why do you crave for everything when fasting lol I'm cravings for things I haven't had in years, and as soon as I break my fast I'm not hungry anymore:liberaltears:
That's because you are thinking about food too much. You have a greater appreciation for food since you're without it for long periods of time. It'll go away the longer you do this. The biggest danger is when you start rationalizing reasons to stop. You'll try to convince yourself you fasted long enough or that it's unhealthy.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
That's because you are thinking about food too much. You have a greater appreciation for food since you're without it for long periods of time. It'll go away the longer you do this. The biggest danger is when you start rationalizing reasons to stop. You'll try to convince yourself you fasted long enough or that it's unhealthy.
You are right, but how can you not think about food, it's everywhere lol I have two more hours to go:rejoice:how you holding up?

This 36 hours thing is way to extreme, 16-20 hours is sufficient which is the intermittent fasting hours range. Provided you sleep 8 hours, if you stop having a meal 4 hours before bed time (12 hours) all you need to do is miss breakfast and your set without even noticing that you have fasted that long

If your just starting out you will only feel the effects during breakfast hunger pangs courtesy of having breakfasts for years (we are creatures of habit) it takes a couple of days to get over it.

For extra mental clarify and performance I have no more then two meals a day (excluding snacks which consist of dates/fruits/nuts), the two meals are heavily starch based with beans, doing this everyday now is very easy with no problems.

Intermittent fasting everyday with full fasts on Monday/Thursdays (to make it harder I stop eating 6 hours before bed time during autumn/winter) is more then enough, I slightly feel the full fasts at noon but the intermittent ones I don't even feel anything, it's become a natural habit now.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I’m going to start fasting, but drinking water and tea/coffee 4 days a week. I saw a documentary on fasting and how good it is for the body.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
This 36 hours thing is way to extreme, 16-20 hours is sufficient which is the intermittent fasting hours range. Provided you sleep 8 hours, if you stop having a meal 4 hours before bed time (12 hours) all you need to do is miss breakfast and your set without even noticing that you have fasted that long

If your just starting out you will only feel the effects during breakfast hunger pangs courtesy of having breakfasts for years (we are creatures of habit) it takes a couple of days to get over it.

For extra mental clarify and performance I have no more then two meals a day (excluding snacks which consist of dates/fruits/nuts), the two meals are heavily starch based with beans, doing this everyday now is very easy with no problems.

Intermittent fasting everyday with full fasts on Monday/Thursdays (to make it harder I stop eating 6 hours before bed time during autumn/winter) is more then enough, I slightly feel the full fasts at noon but the intermittent ones I don't even feel anything, it's become a natural habit now.
I was doing the 16-20 thing but I feel like I've hit a plateau, hence why I want to escalate.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I’m going to start fasting, but drinking water and tea/coffee 4 days a week. I saw a documentary on fasting and how good it is for the body.
I hope you're having your coffee black with no sugar, other wise that sugar is going to make you hungry.

I was doing the 16-20 thing but I feel like I've hit a plateau, hence why I want to escalate.

Are you doing this for weight loss or mental clarity ? if it's the former the issue is your diet, I was continuing to drop weight very rapidly at the start then it began to gradually slow down as I got nearer to 200 pounds but still dropping at a rate of a pound every 3 days.

I then stopped this by including more fat into the diet (plenty of nuts and adding sesame seeds to my fruit shakes) as I don't like to drop below 200 pounds, this has stopped the weight loss entirely.

If your goal is to loose which I read on another topic, I would suggest you cut out all oils and diary immediately and limit your meat to once every two weeks, also cut out the other processed stuff your consuming that are loaded with trans-fat, hydrogenated fats etc. which are not even natural.

The fact that you are at risk for diabetes which is caused by excess animal fat clogging your pancreas, I would advice you to go entirely vegan after your fasts and even avoid nuts, olives for a period of time or drastically reduce them etc.

Post what you normally eat on your feast days, that should give a clear indications of why your plateauing.

No I'm gonna take Tuesday and Friday off, and fast for the rest of the days.

There is about 5 days left of Muhram, the best days of fasting after Ramadan that carry the most rewards are the fasts in the month of Muharram

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
I hope you're having your coffee black with no sugar, other wise that sugar is going to make you hungry.
I don’t think I can have bland coffee. Maybe tea, but I need sugar in my coffee. I might just stick with tea.

World

VIP
I used to go 2 days without food in my early teens back when I was gaming. Only a snack and some juice would suffice.

Those were the stress free days. :ahh:

But I turned hella skinny. :damn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts