The official fasting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
If you haven't done this before, do 2 18-hour fasts a week. If you want to do Monday and Thursday, stop eating at 7pm Monday and eat at 1pm Tuesday. Do the same for Thursday. If you want to do this in an Islamic way, have suxur and break your fast with water. If the day is shorter than 18 hours, finish the rest of your fast by just drinking water. Do this for both days.
I'm gonna do more than 18 hours today because I'm going to bed in 2 hours and don't plan on getting up for food lol, I will eat tomorrow at 11am..

There's big difference in just eating less and not eating at all, you should do a little research on the benefits of fasting:) I'm kinda hoping to make it a lifestyle. Maybe in the future I will shorten the hours.
I am going to start fasting on mondays and thursdays, hoping to kill two birds with one stone, both for health and ajar.

NotMyL

VIP
27 hours in, I think the hunger is slowly kicking in now but I think I can do 4 more hours, we will see

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Couldn't do it, 28hrs and I'm done. Maybe it will get better tomorrow.
That's pretty good. Do you feel weak? In my 36 hour fasts the 28 hour mark is when I'm most focused and energetic. I plan to start fasting in about 8 hours but I'm having trouble eating. I can't comfortably eat all the calories I need by 6pm today.

NotMyL

VIP
That's pretty good. Do you feel weak? In my 36 hour fasts the 28 hour mark is when I'm most focused and energetic. I plan to start fasting in about 8 hours but I'm having trouble eating. I can't comfortably eat all the calories I need by 6pm today.

I wasn't really weak, I had enough energy and could've done maybe another 2 hours but I had massive headache so gave in and got myself coffee and toast.

I'm gonna start at 6pm with you, don't know if I can eat enough either. The hardest part for me is going to be, eating enough. I can't eat big meals, I get full pretty quickly.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I was going to fast at 6pm but my parents through a monkey wrench into my plans. I got off work at 3pm and as I soon as I got home, I got word that my uncle is coming and needs to be picked up from the airport.

So naturally, I pretended to be really tired and wrapped myself in my blanket to avoid being asked to drive to the airport. So obviously I couldn't be in the kitchen eating because I would be available for work. Well, guess I'll try to start at 10pm and go until 10pm on Sunday.
:kodaksmiley:

NotMyL

VIP
@ArchBishopofAtheism is the airport like 2 hours away, why couldn't just drop off your uncle?

I started mine at 6, I didn't really get to eat much so we will see if I can make it to 6 tomorrow. At least it's Sunday and I'm not doing anything.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Just water. I avoid coffee or any flavoured drinks. I heard they increase insulin. Did you notice that after a while drinking water becomes difficult? I basically force myself to drink water to stay hydrated.

NotMyL

VIP
Just water. I avoid coffee or any flavoured drinks. I heard they increase insulin. Did you notice that after a while drinking water becomes difficult? I basically force myself to drink water to stay hydrated.
Yeah I noticed it too, I used to drink a lot more water but now I can barely get through 5 bottles

NotMyL

VIP
Why do you crave for everything when fasting lol I'm cravings for things I haven't had in years, and as soon as I break my fast I'm not hungry anymore:liberaltears:

Status
Not open for further replies.