The official fasting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I'm starting this thread for like a support system thanks to @ArchBishopofAtheism I'm kind of motivated to try fasting 20+ hrs , with just drinking water. Anyone else who is doing this should join and let us know how's it's going.

Day 1 of fasting, I'm 12 hours in right now....

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I inspired a positive thread :mjhaps:

Well good luck. I finished 36 hours a few hours ago. I had food around me the whole time but breaking fast was out of the question. Be careful because when you get really hungry, you start rationalizing reasons to eat. For example you might tell yourself "16 hours is good enough" etc. Resist this.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Nice, might join you in fasting this weekend.
Usually do IF, but willing to extend that to a 2-day period per week. (plus Monday+Thursday religious fasts that I hope to get back on)

Here's a good video(good channel as well) discussing the differences with fasting and just eating less.
He has another video on longevity and eating one meal per day, really interesting stuff.

NotMyL

VIP
@ArchBishopofAtheism I don't know how you did 36hrs, it's not so much the food but I will kill to have some Starbucks right now:liberaltears:Its Friday and I have turned down evening out because there will be food around lol now I'm just going to bed early before the temptation gets worse.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Usually do IF, but willing to extend that to a 2-day period per week. (plus Monday+Thursday religious fasts that I hope to get back on)

Here's a good video(good channel as well) discussing the differences with fasting and just eating less.
He has another video on longevity and eating one meal per day, really interesting stuff.
Fasting is dramatically better than eating less. Insulin spikes whenever you eat, which inhibits fat loss and puts at risk for diabetes.

NotMyL

VIP

Interesting video I will check it out, yeah fasting Monday and Thursday which I used to do before will be another plus to this, I still haven't figured out how many days of the week I will do the 24hrs.... I need a good schedule, if you have one share please.

Gadiid

Interesting video I will check it out, yeah fasting Monday and Thursday which I used to do before will be another plus to this, I still haven't figured out how many days of the week I will do the 24hrs.... I need a good schedule, if you have one share please.

Don't have a solid schedule really. I guess it's easier in the weekend.
24 hours on a Sunday's pretty good in my opinion.

Some do alternate day fasting, 1 day for eating, the next for fasting. But that's a bit much I think.

NotMyL

VIP
why not just eat less food instead of fasting?
and how often do u have to do this to see results?
There's big difference in just eating less and not eating at all, you should do a little research on the benefits of fasting:) I'm kinda hoping to make it a lifestyle. Maybe in the future I will shorten the hours.

NotMyL

VIP

Some do alternate day fasting, 1 day for eating, the next for fasting. But that's a bit much I think.
Yeah I don't think I will be able to do the fast one day and eat the next, at least not right now... maybe I can try that in the future.

@ArchBishopofAtheism sounds good let's do it!

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan

I can't do alternate day fasting. The problem is I can't consume all the calories I need in a short period of time. I do one 36-hour fast and 1 24 hour fast a week, which means I fast 70 hours a week or about 40% of the week. So in a Monday-Sunay week, I fast Monday evening to Wednesday morning/afternoon. Then I fast all of Saturday for 24 hours.

Gadiid

I can't do alternate day fasting. The problem is I can't consume all the calories I need in a short period of time. I do one 36-hour fast and 1 24 hour fast a week, which means I fast 70 hours a week or about 40% of the week. So in a Monday-Sunay week, I fast Monday evening to Wednesday morning/afternoon. Then I fast all of Saturday for 24 hours.

Same, doing a longer fast per week seems better than alternating day in day out.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Yeah I don't think I will be able to do the fast one day and eat the next, at least not right now... maybe I can try that in the future.

@ArchBishopofAtheism sounds good let's do it!
If you haven't done this before, do 2 18-hour fasts a week. If you want to do Monday and Thursday, stop eating at 7pm Monday and eat at 1pm Tuesday. Do the same for Thursday. If you want to do this in an Islamic way, have suxur and break your fast with water. If the day is shorter than 18 hours, finish the rest of your fast by just drinking water. Do this for both days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts