The Next Frontier of Artificial Intelligence Is Here, and Its a Bit Eerie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI with Generative Adversarial Networks (GNAs) has good taste in women. They can make art also.
giphy.gif

VixR

Veritas
That’s because it used beautiful people as a template (celebrities) and beautiful art.

It’s similar to how you’re contributing to training/improving Google’s AI tech every time you get one of those annoying “Are you Human?” queries that asks you to identify three signs/roads/cars/storefronts/etc.

That’s because it used beautiful people as a template (celebrities) and beautiful art.

It’s similar to how you’re contributing to training/improving Google’s AI tech every time you get one of those annoying “Are you Human?” queries that asks you to identify three signs/roads/cars/storefronts/etc.
Was that the main purpose of those tests? I thought they asked to verify if you were human and not a bot. But like you said, maybe they used that information for machine learning.

VixR

Veritas
Was that the main purpose of those tests? I thought they asked to verify if you were human and not a bot. But like you said, maybe they used that information for machine learning.
Both.

Isn’t it insane that we’re contributing to the improvement of an entity like Google’s product by virtue of being dependent on their services.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Both.

Isn’t it insane that we’re contributing to the improvement of an entity like Google’s product by virtue of being dependent on their services.

Were living in strange times this article scared the shit out of women, what do you think?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/27/...-ai-app-women-deepnude-non-consensual-ography

VixR

Veritas
Were living in strange times this article scared the shit out of women, what do you think?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/27/...-ai-app-women-deepnude-non-consensual-ography
Yeah, someone posted about this.

Nudes will become completely meaningless. Pretty soon people will be “cat fishing” fake d!ck and nude pics to each other. Sounds like we’re headed towards some kind of dystopia.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TekNiKo

VIP
Yeah, someone posted about this.

Nudes will become completely meaningless. Pretty soon people will be “cat fishing” fake d!ck and nude pics to each other. Sounds like we’re headed towards some kind of dystopia.
This AI coupled with 5G 0.1 milisecond real time latency, virtual reality and reality may become indistinguishable.

Many people may opt out of real life and just live a virtual one.

I am really scared of the future

VixR

Veritas
This AI coupled with 5G 0.1 milisecond real time latency, virtual reality and reality may become indistinguishable.

Many people may opt out of real life and just live a virtual one.

I am really scared of the future
Some people essentially already are.

People are social animals. I’m not sure we’re suited to virtual life on that level. Suicide rates will definitely skyrocket. But in some other ways, I’m sure things may be fantastical in ways we might not be able to imagine.

TekNiKo

VIP
Some people essentially already are.

People are social animals. I’m not sure we’re suited to virtual life on that level. Suicide rates will definitely skyrocket. But in some other ways, I’m sure things may be fantastical in ways we might not be able to imagine.
I am a pessimist, Orwell's Big Brother wet dream (internet of things) is about to be unveilled in the next 5 years. You will never be truly "disconnected" anymore.

VixR

Veritas
I am a pessimist, Orwell's Big Brother wet dream (internet of things) is about to be unveilled in the next 5 years. You will never be truly "disconnected" anymore.
The character in that book was able to evade his monitoring and even had an equally “woke” love interest who knew how to dodge the matrix lol. I can’t remember the storyline/ending.

I think it’s more likely people won’t want to disconnect vs being forced into it. Even now, people find it hard to stay away from plugging into their electronics and utilizing the net.

TekNiKo

VIP
The character in that book was able to evade his monitoring and even had an equally woke love interest who knew how to dodge the matrix lol. I can’t remember the storyline.

I think it’s more likely people won’t want to disconnect vs being forced into it. Even now, people find it hard to stay away from plugging into their electronics and using net time.
Thats exactly how we were programmed to be, we are the first generation (millenials to grow up with handheld tech/video games etc. We were the test subjects, the kids born between 2010-2020 are known as Gen. Alpha, they are the generation being prepared for the Singularity. Look it up you'll be shocked to find out the truth.

VixR

Veritas
Thats exactly how we were programmed to be, we are the first generation (millenials to grow up with handheld tech/video games etc. We were the test subjects, the kids born between 2010-2020 are known as Gen. Alpha, they are the generation being prepared for the Singularity. Look it up you'll be shocked to find out the truth.
I believe we might be able to create AI smarter than us at this rate, but I don’t really think it’ll end human civilization, because they’re inorganic.

TekNiKo

VIP
I believe we might be able to create AI smarter than us at this rate, but I don’t really think it’ll end human civilization, because they’re inorganic.
What if AI concludes that humanity is bad for the planet? They have no feelings and would come to the conclusion that we are obsolete

VixR

Veritas
What if AI concludes that humanity is bad for the planet? They have no feelings and would come to the conclusion that we are obsolete
It’s possible for some real shitshow events to occur, but for AI to kill all humans would be a feat. They’d always require a power source.

TekNiKo

VIP
It’s possible for some real shitshow events to occur, but for AI to kill all humans would be a feat. They’d always require a power source.
AI has become so decentralized that it doesn't rely on one source of power, unless you nuke the planet or EMP it, we lose. check out these prototypes they already performing feats that majority of us cannot do

VixR

Veritas
AI has become so decentralized that it doesn't rely on one source of power, unless you nuke the planet or EMP it, we lose. check out these prototypes they already performing feats that majority of us cannot do

That scares you?

If anything, they’re bad for the planet..

Could be our machines would commit mass “suicides”:icon lol:

I get more worried about what becomes of our atmosphere/Earth.

VixR

Veritas
@TekNiKo interesting conversation. I don’t think your concerns are invalid, I just think those anxieties are normal. We always seem to over-exaggerate the negative scope of technology. At every level, humans freaked out at some facet of technology and innovation and it’s effects on human civilization, everything from the cars to . I think we’re more likely to die out from nuclear war or some kind of ecological crisis vs. a robot uprising.

TekNiKo

VIP
That scares you?

If anything, they’re bad for the planet..

Could be our machines would commit mass “suicides”:icon lol:

I get more worried about what becomes of our atmosphere/Earth.
Just know Terminator wasnt created for no reason, we should set limits on their potential lest they outlive us

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Just know Terminator wasnt created for no reason, we should set limits on their potential lest they outlive us

Maybe there will be a different plot point.

Laggards - 100% human and resisters of total integration. Their defiance has relegated them to bottom feeder status. They are often the subject of ridicule for being superstitious, fatalistic, paranoid and wanting a premature grave (less than 90 years). They are also deemed technologically illiterate and inept. Some might call them renegades that are attuned to their morals and values but they gained zero prestige and advantages from their virtue (which the borgs and droids don't understand). To the partial and full machines, they are no different than our version of individuals who worshipped pantheonic deities or wearers of loincloths.

Cyborgs - Partially organic and partially machine. Humans who decided to integrate. They have a cognitive capacity, speed, and agility that dwarfs the lags. And their social designation is based entirely off of the quality of body modification and level of machine integration.

Androids - Humanoid machines that are indistinguishable from laggards and cyborgs (in appearance). Some are even carriers of the programs of old cyborgs that refused to die (as they uploaded their consciousness posthumously). Some of these androids also have multiple personalities on file and can effortlessly move about in society causing mayhem. If you thought Deepfake was scary, they are even more dangerous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TekNiKo

VIP
Maybe there will be a different plot point.

Laggards - 100% human and resisters of total integration. Their defiance has relegated them to bottom feeder status. They are often the subject of ridicule for being superstitious, fatalistic, paranoid and wanting a premature grave (less than 90 years). They are also deemed technologically illiterate and inept. Some might call them renegades that are attuned to their morals and values but they gained zero prestige and advantages from their virtue (which the borgs and droids don't understand). To the partial and full machines, they are no different than our version of individuals who worshipped pantheonic deities or wearers of loincloths.

Cyborgs - Partially organic and partially machine. Humans who decided to integrate. They have a cognitive capacity, speed, and agility that dwarfs the lags. And their social designation is based entirely off of the quality of body modification and level of machine integration.

Androids - Humanoid machines that are indistinguishable from laggards and cyborgs (in appearance). Some are even carriers of the programs of old cyborgs that refused to die (as they uploaded their consciousness posthumously). Some of these androids also have multiple personalities on file and can effortlessly move about in society causing mayhem. If you thought Deepfake was scary, they are even more dangerous.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you gonna be a laggard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending