The Kunama and Nara of Eritrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
The Kunama and Nara tribes inhabit north-west Eritrea, and are both of somewhat negroid appearance. Blood samples were tested for blood groups of seven systems, for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency and for abnormal haemoglobins.

Their blood groups show them to be of mixed Caucasoid-Negroid origin with rather more negroid marker genes than most of the surrounding populations. Abnormal haemoglobins were absent but males of both tribes included about 4 per cent of cases of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, and there were some cases of raised levels of haemoglobin A2(possibly due to thalassaemia) and of foetal haemoglobin in adults. Thalassaemia and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency are likely to have been favoured by natural selection in an environment which was formerly malarious, with a high proportion of Plasmodium falciparum infection.

They're a small minority in Eritrea.

Historically, they were slaves that served the Cushite/Afro-asiatic slave masters in Eritrea.

Attachments

• p12850.jpg
    p12850.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 233

CaliTedesse

VIP
They are mixed with Habeshas and Bejas. They are not full-blood Nilotes like the Dinka.
Dinka blood is deadly bro. Akhi what is difference between a Dinka and a West African Yoruba or a Bantu from Kenya. To me they are all Bantu or am I wrong?

Apollo

VIP
Dinka blood is deadly bro. Akhi what is difference between a Dinka and a West African Yoruba or a Bantu from Kenya. To me they are all Bantu or am I wrong?

Dinkas are native to East Africa, at least the area around South Sudan. Their body frame is different from Niger-Congos, they have slender bones. They also speak a completely different language family.

Apollo

VIP
The Nara are heavily omotic. The kunama came as refugees from Sudan

They are not Omotic at all. They lack E-M329.

They are Sudanese Nilotes mixed with Bejas and Tigrays. They carry A3b (A-M13), E1b1b1 (E-M35), and J1 (J-P58). Nothing too different from all the other populations of that region.

The Nara are linguistically related to the Nubians of Egypt and North Sudan.

Keeysan

The humble one
They are not Omotic at all. They lack E-M329

They are Sudanese Nilotes mixed with Bejas and Tigrays. They carry A3b, E1b1b1, and J1. Nothing too different from all the other populations of that region.

The Nara are linguistically related to the Nubians of Egypt and North Sudan.

I think they are pretty much native to that part of Eritrea.
Omotic input is still high: Amhara first then Tigray. How about that

Keeysan

The humble one
Adding to Apollo’s reply, Bantus have moved a lot and got different admixture, so some might resemble other groups. Same applies to many south Sudanese who’ve got mixed.
I saw Nikki Perkins who looks quite nilotic to me but she’s only 60% that

Apollo

VIP
The Kunama are definitely not full-blood Nilotes. Some of them look like regular Horners.

This girl is Kunama:

gU2lr0o.jpg

This one as well:

5KMCD3d.jpg

They are surrounded by Afro-Asiatic populations:

Kunama.png

CaliTedesse

VIP
Same stuff.

The politically correct name is Nara. They are the ancestors of the Nubians who cucked the Nubians from a Cushitic language to their Nilo-Saharan dialect.
I like saying Baria even though it's derogatory lol but the word is applied to Bantus like we use Madow they use Baria

Apollo

VIP
I like saying Baria even though it's derogatory lol but the word is applied to Bantus like we use Madow they use Baria

Nah, Madow is significantly less offensive than Baria.

Baria means straight up slave/subhuman. It is more like the term Adoon.

Madow just means kinky head, but now has turned into a euphemism for Bantu.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
The Kunama are definitely not full-blood Nilotes. Some of them look like regular Horners.

This girl is Kunama:

gU2lr0o.jpg

This one as well:

5KMCD3d.jpg

They are surrounded by Afro-Asiatic populations:

Kunama.png

these are cute girls!
long life to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts