The Kunama and Nara of Eritrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeysan

The humble one
Same stuff.

The politically correct name is Nara. They are the ancestors of the Nubians who cucked the Nubians from a Cushitic language to their Nilo-Saharan dialect.
These guys aren’t even in the Nubian language branch what are you saying

Keeysan

The humble one
Look at me, i'm the CHINESE now!
Don’t economically colonize me!
E8D2F57B-F8F0-47C9-9A18-AEAC41C9CEF2.jpeg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

World

VIP
Dinka blood is deadly bro. Akhi what is difference between a Dinka and a West African Yoruba or a Bantu from Kenya. To me they are all Bantu or am I wrong?
Nilotic people are darker, and have more narrow/pseudo-Caucasoid facial features. They are tall and skinny as well. Half Cushitic/half Nilotic = Maasai.

Interesting people. The Kunama definitely do look more Nubian than the Nara though. And it’s amazing how many of them look like regular Horners.
Perhaps it is true that all East Africans are Sudanese immigrants then :liberaltears:

Keeysan

The humble one
Interesting people. The Kunama definitely do look more Nubian than the Nara though. And it’s amazing how many of them look like regular Horners.
Perhaps it is true that all East Africans are Sudanese immigrants then :liberaltears:
There’s this couple in Austria, kids are half nilotic half cadaan and their son looks straight up North African (Maghrebi) with glossy curled hair, 2 buck teeth :wow1: cute kid.Never got a good look at the other 2 not sure how to describe them

Alx, kids are all like 5’4 already

The Nara and Kunama used to have a lot more land but they were enslaved and attacked by their neighbors for many centuries and are much diminished.

Their current names are not the names they were known by historically, historically the Kunama were known as the Bazin. Bazin was a powerful kingdom long ago and they also held the Taka region (modern day Kassala) and all of the old Gash Setit province of Eritrea. Today they dominate only the eastern half of Gash Setit.

The Nara people were the favourite target of Habesha slave traders and they called them the Barya, a derogatory term. They used to live throughout northern Eritrea and into Sudan but centuries of raids reduced them to a small pocket north of the Nara people.

Another great kingdom that once ruled a kingdom in what is now Ethiopia and Sudan was the Gumuz kingdom, who ruled as far east as western Gojjam and east and north of Fazogli in Sudan. They are also nearly gone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending