The geledi chronology

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS. I will even write it out for you. Bullshit.

It was the Tunni Aweys al Baraawe that raised the jihad against the Italians. Baraawe has always had an independent streak, as did the Qadiriya, who trumped the Sultan of Geledi. Baraawe is one of the ports that came under the Omanis.

This is what a link looks like:

https://books.google.com/books?id=0O86sZdHfHUC&lpg=PA377&ots=_TE2xuzPyr&dq=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&pg=PA377#v=onepage&q=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=0O86sZdHfHUC&lpg=PA377&ots=_TE2xuzPyr&dq=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&pg=PA378#v=onepage&q=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&f=false

It's an even better chronology.

Since I know you love your Wiki:

"Baraawe was one of the earliest cities of the Swahili culture on the East African coast. [2] According to the legend, it was founded around 900 by Arabs from al-Hasa . Different ethnic groups alternated in the control of the city and were together with traders from different areas to the ancestors of today's old-established population. Finally, the Tunni are said to have displaced the Jiidu to Qoryooley and made an agreement with them, according to which the Jiidu would settle west and the Tunni east of the Shabelle and would not tolerate the settlement of strangers. However, around the tenth century the Tunni were said to have authorized the establishment of Muslim Arab immigrants (Hatimi of Yemen and Amawi of Syria), and Baraawe became a prosperous trading city and a center of Islam. Al-Idrisi described the place in the 12th century as an Arabic-Islamic "island" on the Somali coast. [1]

1506 Baraawe was destroyed in a Portuguese attack and then came under Portuguese control. Later it could end the Portuguese rule. In 1822, the city subordinated to the supremacy of the Sultanate of Oman and from 1856 the Sultanate of Zanzibar . In 1840, the city was largely burned down when the religious leaders of Baardheere tried to secure access to the sea. End of 1875, the city was briefly occupied by Egypt. From the end of the 19th century, the Benadir coast came under the control of Italy, although in particular the significant Qadiriyya -cheiche Uways al-Barawi made resistance to the colonial power. [1]"

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
BS. I will even write it out for you. Bullshit.

It was the Tunni Aweys al Baraawe that raised the jihad against the Italians. Baraawe has always had an independent streak, as did the Qadiriya, who trumped the Sultan of Geledi. Baraawe is one of the ports that came under the Omanis.

This is what a link looks like:

https://books.google.com/books?id=0O86sZdHfHUC&lpg=PA377&ots=_TE2xuzPyr&dq=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&pg=PA377#v=onepage&q=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=0O86sZdHfHUC&lpg=PA377&ots=_TE2xuzPyr&dq=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&pg=PA378#v=onepage&q=the Omani Sultanate and Baraawe&f=false

It's an even better chronology.

Your full of shit. Zanzibar Sultanatre (Omanis) did not pass Lamu, let alone the Somali coast.

"In the early modern period, Barawa was ruled by the Geledi Sultanate. Eventually, in 1910, Barawa was ceded to the control of the Italians when the Geledi Sultanate was forced to agree to the annexation of all the Benadir ports to the Italian Company already established in the Horn of Africa after the death of the last Sultan Osman Ahmed in 1910. But still, the Italians faced stiff resistance from many parts of the Benadir coast, and its inland regions and the trade of the Somali merchants would remain unchallenged for years to come."

Here is the source. Click on on the number: [3]

This is Zanzibar Sultanate authentic map.

swahilihist.gif

Zanzibar Sultanate didn't rule any Somali coast. It was all nominal, study the word "nominal". However, it was ruled by the local Somali Kingdoms like Geledi Sultanate and Hiraab Imamate.

hzSv_Xv3QkeasY5ZxAk1pA.png

Try harder next time. :camby:

Your full of shit. Zanzibar Sultanatre (Omanis) did not pass Lamu, let alone the Somali coast.

"In the early modern period, Barawa was ruled by the Geledi Sultanate. Eventually, in 1910, Barawa was ceded to the control of the Italians when the Geledi Sultanate was forced to agree to the annexation of all the Benadir ports to the Italian Company already established in the Horn of Africa after the death of the last Sultan Osman Ahmed in 1910. But still, the Italians faced stiff resistance from many parts of the Benadir coast, and its inland regions and the trade of the Somali merchants would remain unchallenged for years to come."

Here is the source. Click on on the number: [3]

This is Zanzibar Sultanate authentic map.

swahilihist.gif

Zanzibar Sultanate didn't rule any Somali coast. It was all nominal, study the word "nominal". However, it was ruled by the local Somali Kingdoms like Geledi Sultanate and Hiraab Imamate.

hzSv_Xv3QkeasY5ZxAk1pA.png

Try harder next time. :camby:

I apparently added to my post after you saw it. Read the Wiki link.The Geledi were not in Baraawe before or after the Jamaca burned it.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I apparently added to my post after you saw it. Read the Wiki link.

WTF? Tunni clan migrated to the south just 2000 thousand years ago established Barawa. It was an Ajuran port. The Wikipedia is all false. Since when did Portuguese ever rule Barawa?

Here and read these sources. Ajuran defeated the Portuguese in Barawa.

q0vzYYM0Qhudx256vQGjdg.png

Proper Wiki with proper references.

The European Age of discovery brought Europe's then superpower the Portuguese empire to the coast of East Africa, which at the time enjoyed a flourishing trade with foreign nations. The wealthy southeastern city-states of Kilwa, Mombasa, Malindi, Pate and Lamu were all systematically sacked and plundered by the Portuguese. Tristão da Cunha then set his eyes on the Ajuran territory where the Battle of Barawa began where the Portuguese Empire decided to invade and capture the wealthy Somali harbour city. After a long period of engagement, the Portuguese soldiers burned the city and looted it. However, fierce resistance by the local population and soldiers resulted in the failure of the Portuguese to permanently occupy the city and eventually the Portuguese would be decisively defeated by the powerful Somalis from Ajuran Empire, and the inhabitants who had fled to the interior would eventually return and rebuild the city. Tristão da Cunha was later severely wounded and sought refuge in Socotra islands after losing his men and ships.[2][3][4][5] After the battle, the city of Barawa quickly recovered from the attack.[6]

Like I said again. All Rahanweyn were part of Geledi Sultanate including Barawa. After the collapse of Ajuran Empire. Jubbaland including Kismayo came under Geledi Sultanate. Zanzibar Sultanate was all nominal and they did not pass Lamu. Check this map from below again.

swahilihist.gif

WTF? Tunni clan migrated to the south just 2000 thousand years ago established Barawa. It was an Ajuran port. The Wikipedia is all false. Since when did Portuguese ever rule Barawa?

Here and read these sources. Ajuran defeated the Portuguese in Barawa.

q0vzYYM0Qhudx256vQGjdg.png

Proper Wiki with proper references.

The European Age of discovery brought Europe's then superpower the Portuguese empire to the coast of East Africa, which at the time enjoyed a flourishing trade with foreign nations. The wealthy southeastern city-states of Kilwa, Mombasa, Malindi, Pate and Lamu were all systematically sacked and plundered by the Portuguese. Tristão da Cunha then set his eyes on the Ajuran territory where the Battle of Barawa began where the Portuguese Empire decided to invade and capture the wealthy Somali harbour city. After a long period of engagement, the Portuguese soldiers burned the city and looted it. However, fierce resistance by the local population and soldiers resulted in the failure of the Portuguese to permanently occupy the city and eventually the Portuguese would be decisively defeated by the powerful Somalis from Ajuran Empire, and the inhabitants who had fled to the interior would eventually return and rebuild the city. Tristão da Cunha was later severely wounded and sought refuge in Socotra islands after losing his men and ships.[2][3][4][5] After the battle, the city of Barawa quickly recovered from the attack.[6]

Like I said again. All Rahanweyn were part of Geledi Sultanate including Barawa. After the collapse of Ajuran Empire. Jubbaland including Kismayo came under Geledi Sultanate. Zanzibar Sultanate was all nominal and they did not pass Lamu. Check this map from below again.

swahilihist.gif

I can type Bullshit just as long as you can post the same linkless irrelevant garbage.When did you write that Wiki quote?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I can type Bullshit just as long as you can post the same irrelevant garbage.

Doesn't matter old man. I've SSed the source that shows Ajuran defeated the Portuguese during the battle of Barawa. I've given another source stating that Zanzibar Sultanate did not rule any Somali territory but claimed it since it was all nominal. Learn what nominal means you dotard and I've given you authentic maps. You said some bullshit about Barawa being founded by Arabs when Tunni dominated the lower Shabelle in the ancient times and it's stated by your favourite metaphysicist guy.

BULLSHIT

Not one single accessible link. Those who know what a link is and are not too lazy to read, will deal with what I have left in this thread. You, sir. are one ignorant lion, and I will leave you here with your Wikifull repetitions.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
BULLSHIT

Not one single accessible link. Those who know what a link is and are not too lazy to read, will deal with what I have left in this thread. You, sir. are one ignorant lion, and I will leave you here with your Wikifull repetitions.

Everything I said was true old man. :gucciwhat:

Here are the sources and it clearly states Ajuran Empire was established in the 13th century and Kismayo was it's port. It states Portuguese Empire lost against the Ajuran Empire in the battle of Barawa. It shows you the authentic map of Ajuran and tells you Zanzibar Sultanate controlling any Somali coast was all nominal but in reality under Geledi Sultanate and Hiraab Imamate and etc facts I've been telling you. Here: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...A#v=onepage&q=Tristão da Cunha ajuran&f=false

Ajuran Empire was such a powerful maritime power that it took naval expedition as far as southeast Asia with their Ottoman Empire ally. Look at this source below.

cXjpc4sWR9iaHrBbBpm7yw.png

Don't want to hear you lying about the Ajuran maritime legacy again. :samwelcome:

Luling:

https://books.google.com/books?id=s...q=9781874209980&source=gbs_word_cloud_r&cad=6

Yusuf was still fighting with the Silcis and Gurqaate clans.

A Majeerteen trader got permission from Sayid Sa'id of Zanzibar to use the port at Mungiya, but was prevented by Yusuf, who wanted it for himself. In the 19th century the Harti developed Kismayu as a trade center. There were no Geledi there.

https://books.google.com/books?id=DPwOsOcNy5YC&lpg=PA34&dq=Yusuf and the battle of Golweyn&pg=PA34#v=onepage&q=Yusuf and the battle of Golweyn&f=false

The Hintire, Jiddu, Begedi and some Reewin clans renounced their allegiance to Geledi. The Biimaal continued to control the lower Shabelli valley/and then destroyed Geledi power in 1878.

Even before this, the Geledi were not the only power in the South:

https://operationoverload.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/the-ajuuraan-dynasty-of-the-hawiyya/

"The Darandoolle, it should be noted, were part of the Gurqaate, a clan section collateral to the Jambelle Hawiyya from whom Ajuran (and Gareen) is said to have been descended. Intermarriage among the descedants of these uterine brothers on the one hand helped reinforce the solidarity of the Hawiyya. On the other hand, competition between collateral lines was very common in Somalia, particularly where the titular leadership of a larger clan-confederation was at stake. Such a struggle for the dominant place within the Hawiyya-dominated Ajuran confederation may also be reflected in the rise of the Silcis and El Amir in the later years of Ajuran rule. Both are said to have been descedants of Gurqaate Hawiyya, as were the Abgaal Darandoolle. Thus it can be argued that the dominant groups which appeared toward the end of the Ajuran era—the Darandoolle near Muqdisho, the Silcis near Afgooye, and the El Amir in Marka—represent the partition of the Ajuran imamate among collateral Hawiyya sections. Or perhaps one branch of the Hawiyya—namely the Gurqaate—forcibly replaced another (the Jambelle) as leaders of the confederation.
This second hypothesis better explains the apparent “disappearance” of the Ajuran by suggesting that the line of Gareen Jambelle was eclipsed politically by the more numerous and widespread Gurqaate. In the Somali setting, power ultimately comes from the fighting strength of a clan and its allies; and domination most often depends on the relative numerical superiority of the dominant. Thus the decline of Ajuran power in political terms conceivably resulted from shifts in the demographic structure Page: 109 of the original alliance network. Indeed, clans of Gurqaate and Guggundabe affiliation were the dominant representatives of the Hawiyya clan family in the Shabeelle valley area at the beginning of the twentieth century. The bulk of Jambelle Hawiyya (including the Ajuran) are today located west of the Jubba River."

We know from other sousces that the Hiraab controlled the Mog hinterland after 1624 and the Abgal and Omanis had Mog. The Biimaal had the lower Shabelli valley.

Zanzibar controlled the ports and the Geledi didn't have one. Yusuf wanted but did not have the port at Mungiya that Sayid Sa'id of Zanzibar gave the Majerteen trader permission to use. That was the reason for the war with the Biimaal. And we know the result.

I should have the rest of Luling by the end of the week. Those maps don't mean jack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismayo

There were no Geledi in Kismayu either, which is south of the mouth of the Jubba at Goobweyn.

"On 7 November 1890, Zanzibar became a British protectorate, and on 1 July 1895, the Sultanate ceded all of its coastal possessions in continental East Africa to Britain. Together with the Zanzibar Sultanate's other former possessions in the area, Jubaland became part of the British East Africa colony.

The ascendancy of the Harti merchant community crystallized under the British administration. They became the first Somali employees of the state, establishing themselves as an educated, urban professional class.[8]

In 1925 local authorities from the Harti and Ogaden Somali clans reached an agreement, with the British acting as enforcer. The signatories each had different accounts of the agreed to partition. According to the Ogaden, the pact gave their Sultan Ahmed Magan control of Jubaland at large. The Harti maintained that the agreement stipulated that the part of the city south of the Liboi–Kismayo road would remain under their control, while the Ogaden, and its Mohamed Zubeir subdivision in particular, would administer the area to the north of this. The pact also allowed the Mohamed Zubeir access to the port.[8]

The territory was subsequently ceded to Italy, purportedly as a reward for the Italians having joined the Allies in World War I,[9] and had a brief existence as the Italian colony of 'Trans-Juba (Oltre Giuba). The Italians subsequently referred to the city as Chisimaio. Kismayo and the northern half of the Jubaland region were then incorporated into neighboring Italian Somaliland on 30 June 1926. The colony had a total area of 87,000 km² (33,000 sq mi), with a population of 120,000 inhabitants. Britain retained control of the southern half of the partitioned Jubaland territory, which was later called the Northern Frontier District (NFD).[10]

Under Italian administration, the Harti retained their position as the professional elite. After independence in 1960 and the establishment of a civilian administration, the 1968 parliamentary elections saw Harti MPs win all four of the seats earmarked for Kismayo.[8]"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts