Mauree Turner (left), a Democrat who represents Oklahoma City in the state legislature, blasted Governor Kevin Stitt (right) for coming out against a third gender designation on official birth certificates.
'People are created by God to be male or female. Period': Oklahoma governor is slammed by state's first-ever nonbinary lawmaker after vowing to fight ruling that allows third gender category on birth certificate
- This year, Oklahoma offered a nonbinary option on official state birth certificate
- Governor Kevin Stitt, a Republican, has vowed to undo newly enacted policy
- Nonbinary people do not identify as male or a female, but use 'they' of 'them'
- First-ever nonbinary lawmaker in state legislature blasted Governor Stitt
- Mauree Turner is a Democrat who represents Oklahoma City in state legislature
- They accused Stitt, other Republicans of 'adamantly opposing [their] existence'
- Oklahoma one of 15 states that offers third gender option on birth certificate
An Oklahoma state lawmaker has blasted the Republican governor for vowing to fight a decision by his administration’s health department to allow for a nonbinary option on the official birth certificate.
Mauree Turner, a Democrat who represents Oklahoma City in the state legislature, is the first-ever lawmaker in the Sooner State to identify as nonbinary.
People who are nonbinary do not identify with traditional male or female gender assignments. Instead, the preferred pronoun is ‘they’ or ‘them.’
The world is getting crazier by the day and another reason why I cant stand these liberal woke muslims. She is upset people cant tell hospitals to identify their newborn babies boy or girl and should have the right to choose to put non binary as their gender. A christian politican reminding a muslim liberal politican about god