The Dysfunctional Somali Diaspora Household: A Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muji

VIP
@Jaydaan the zealot mother and the bummy farax are two archetypes in the somali community we have all probably heard of and probably know.

I think where you’re upset is because you don’t see these type of people as a problem. Their over fixation on the religion to the cost of abandoning their children’s emotional growth, studies and overall well being is the problem. When these kids leave the home, they don’t have the social skills to work or do well at uni so they end up either on the streets selling drugs or in a Brixton masajid blaming the kuffar for why their life is so miserable.

@Jaydaan the zealot mother and the bummy farax are two archetypes in the somali community we have all probably heard of and probably know.

I think where you’re upset is because you don’t see these type of people as a problem. Their over fixation on the religion to the cost of abandoning their children’s emotional growth, studies and overall well being is the problem. When these kids leave the home, they don’t have the social skills to work or do well at uni so they end up either on the streets selling drugs or in a Brixton masajid blaming the kuffar for why their life is so miserable.
I seen both and both exist. You know what bothered me....the bit about westerned xalimo brings his kryptonite and how she brings al his insecurities. It tells me about the writer and who they are. Truth is all somalis has issues including the western one. In maby ways they are in betweeners who dont fully identity with a group. The writing was from some smartass who think they superior.

VixR

Veritas
Vix we love you....dont take it the wrong way. Only weirdos are close friends with their siblings. You supposed to hate your sibling....they your rival lol
My siblings are goat. There’s four of us, and I’m close super close to 2 and amicable with the 3rd. I’m sorry you don’t like yours :yloezpe:
How can you say its true when you said in the other thread you barely know any somalis and dont hang with any except your sister.

Also what is written may have some truth to it, but how things are presented makes huge difference. You cant deny the writer is displaying disdain for somali culture while uplifting westernized xalimos as some sort of heroine. If the objective of the writer was to have debate they would have gone differently about it.
The OP did a good job with the descriptions.

Wallahi, I know ppl in the community that are like the mother in the OP who took their kids out of public school and sent them to Buffalo, NY for a Quran school, send kids overseas, and express behaviors in the OP. Even the description of the guy is spot on and describes some SSpot posters.

giphy (81).gif

My siblings are goat. There’s four of us, and I’m close super close to 2 and amicable with the 3rd. I’m sorry you don’t like yours :yloezpe:

The OP did a good job with the descriptions.

Wallahi, I know ppl in the community that are like the mother in the OP who took their kids out of public school and sent them to Buffalo, NY for a Quran school, send kids overseas, and express behaviors in the OP. Even the description of the guy is spot on and describes some SSpot posters.
We sent my sis to somalia at 17 and she came back at 20. I dont agree to always send them. Byt for us it was vital she took break away from the friends she had and matured little bit. Today she would even say it was the best for hee

VixR

Veritas
We sent my sis to somalia at 17 and she came back at 20. I dont agree to always send them. Byt for us it was vital she took break away from the friends she had and matured little bit. Today she would even say it was the best for hee
It depends on how it happened, details of what she was met with. But generally speaking, I think it’s a sign of lazy parenting. I’ve never seen anyone come back positive, so I can only take your word for it that its not spin.

It depends on how it happened, details of what she was met with. But generally speaking, I think it’s a sign of lazy parenting. I’ve never seen anyone come back positive, so I can only take your word for it that it’s not a spin you’re putting on it.

In general its bad I think. But my sis really needed to get away. In fact she wanted to. As a teenager who got involved with bad people and her being more of a follower she just wanted to leave for a while.

VixR

Veritas
In general its bad I think. But my sis really needed to get away. In fact she wanted to. As a teenager who got involved with bad people and her being more of a follower she just wanted to leave for a while.
Well, if she wanted to, then what are we even talking about? You lost the plot lol.

Read the OPs and tell me those behaviors aren’t commonplace.

halwa

✨🌙
0B4mGrQ-jaMMQRU8wOFJlSVFBM1E-640x360.jpg

Saalax Zero Income

Salaax Zero Income is a well-known figure in and around the Somali diaspora household. He is called “zero income” because this individual is often involved in some tax evasion activity, although he makes enough income through uber, warehouse work, or some other minimum education activity to make ends-meet. Saalax Zero Income speaks broken English, bombastic Somali, and although a FOB with limited status this individual has a grandiose ego and a very fragile masculinity. His kryptonite is successful or independent Western Somali girl, who brings out his insecurities in full force. He often spends hours taping rants on Facebook Live, promoting misogyny, tribalism, or some conspiracy theory in order to boost his ego and deal with deep psychological insecurities. Saalax Zero Income contributes to wider communal dysfunction through his narrow-mindedness and propagation of outdated cultural norms (often very chauvinistic and sexist ones).

Saalax Zero Income reminds me of @Abdalla

al-mustaqbal-salah-satu.jpg

Sheikh Abu Omar

If there is one individual more sanctimonious than religious Somali mom, it’s Sheikh Abu Omar.

Sheikh Abu Omar loves feeling morally superior to other people —especially the gaalo in whose country he lives and upon whose social and political generosity his livelihood and citizenship depends. Despite constantly complaining about oppression against Muslims in the West, Palestine, and just about every global locale, Sheikh Abu Omar is an unapologetic bigot who hates LGBT people, independent women, non-Muslims, and anyone who does not subscribe to his narrow and intolerant interpretation of Islam, including other Muslims such as Sufis and Shia. Sheikh Abu Omar is in a symbiotic relationship with religious Somali mom: she is obsessed with dugsi-quran, quran saar, and religion generally—and he sells all these services to her with glee, using the proceeds to supplement his first wife’s welfare check in order to fund a lazy and misogynistic lifestyle of not working and being married to 3 or 4 different women, including several under-18 year olds in Africa. Despite wearing his religion very openly, including dressing in Arabian robes and using unnecessary Arabic words, while also quoting hadith constantly to justify his actions, Sheikh Abu Omar’s faith is actually very superficial. He is selfish, generally tribalist, and uses religion to advance his own social standing and power. If there is a qabil conflict at the mosque, Sheikh Abu Omar always sides with his tol, and some suspect he sometimes secretly pockets a few dollars from the mosque as well although this has never been proven. A few children may have seen Sheikh Abu Omar watching at the public library, although when this was reported to religious Somali mom the children were given a good thrashing and told never to speak ill of the righteous Sheikh again. Perhaps the only good trait of Sheikh Abu Omar is his powerful and melodious voice when reading the Qu’ran: otherwise he is a toxic example to Somali youth and a key obstacle to the successful integration of Somalis in the West. He contributes to dysfunction by emboldening religious Somali mom, spreading and justifying hate and intolerance, and ruining many childhoods through all the beatings and harassment at his weekend and summer dugsi-quran, where he enjoyed being called “macalin bisbas” while beating children to satisfy some sadomasochistic pleasure.

maxresdefault.jpg

Absentee Somali Father

"A man who cannot run his own household, cannot run a nation." This is a universal statement of truth that can be accepted by the whole world, except the absentee Somali father. Despite neglecting his own paternal duties, and sometimes not even remembering his own kid's birthdates, this character often believes himself well-suited to political office back home. If he is not actually back home seeking (and usually failing) to secure political office, he is in a coffee shop in the West vicariously living the politics of Somalia through fadhi ku dirir and qabyaalad—although you will never catch him at a parent-teacher conference or anywhere where some sacrifice or duty is expected of him. Absentee Somali father doesn't pay, or pays very little, child support and often hides his income (taxi, small shop, small restaurant) from the government—using the money to build villas back in Africa or fund polygamous marriages. After his own family in the West, the second biggest victims of Absentee Somali father are young Somali girls living in Africa who he tricks into marriage through false promises of sponsorship, dumping them after taking their virginity and ruining their bodies through one or two births—children who he doesn't support either. Despite being perhaps the most disgusting character in the Somali diaspora, Absentee Somali father is matched only by Salaax Zero Income in launching into self-righteous lectures about dhaqan iyo diin, using dhaqan iyo diin as a moralizing stick to attack his enemies and justify his actions. His contributions to Somali diaspora dysfunction are many and obvious and do not need to be stated.

Muji

VIP
maxresdefault.jpg

Absentee Somali Father

"A man who cannot run his own household, cannot run a nation." This is a universal statement of truth that can be accepted by the whole world, except the absentee Somali father. Despite neglecting his own paternal duties, and sometimes not even remembering his own kid's birthdates, this character often believes himself well-suited to political office back home. If he is not actually back home seeking (and usually failing) to secure political office, he is in a coffee shop in the West vicariously living the politics of Somalia through fadhi ku dirir and qabyaalad—although you will never catch him at a parent-teacher conference or anywhere where some sacrifice or duty is expected of him. Absentee Somali father doesn't pay, or pays very little, child support and often hides his income (taxi, small shop, small restaurant) from the government—using the money to build villas back in Africa or fund polygamous marriages. After his own family in the West, the second biggest victims of Absentee Somali father are young Somali girls living in Africa who he tricks into marriage through false promises of sponsorship, dumping them after taking their virginity and ruining their bodies through one or two births—children who he doesn't support either. Despite being perhaps the most disgusting character in the Somali diaspora, Absentee Somali father is matched only by Salaax Zero Income in launching into self-righteous lectures about dhaqan iyo diin, using dhaqan iyo diin as a moralizing stick to attack his enemies and justify his actions. His contributions to Somali diaspora dysfunction are many and obvious and do not need to be stated.

I’m loving this one

I agree this is probably the most pervasive Somali archetype there is. The absentee, neglectful, lazy warmonger- it’s no coincidence that this is everything that’s wrong with somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending