The Dysfunctional Somali Diaspora Household: A Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Analysis of its constituent parts and how they contribute to dysfunction

main-qimg-c7e4a30be99bfb6db5b7468406aaf7ea

There are two types of Somali mothers, the religious one and the non-religious one. Let us focus on the religious-one as she is typically the source of the greatest dysfunction. The religious Somali mother spends her time listening to muxaadaro, participating in Wahabi WhatsApp chat groups, acting sanctimonious, and hounding her children to practice Islam with ever greater rigid conformity and obedience. She hardly knows the contents of her children's grade report cards, and is quite suspicious of her children's' school teachers, assuming she has not put the kids in Islamic school, but religious Somali mom spares no expense on dugsi-quran, quran saar, and other religious expenses. Despite having lived in a Western country for many years, religious Somali mom is deeply suspicious of the West, rejects foundational liberal principles such as secularism, democracy, and equality under the law, and is an unrelenting antagonist to her children's peaceful assimilation into their adopted homelands. Religious Somali mom has fucked up many children's childhoods by doggedly opposing healthy teenage Western behavior, such as dating, listening to music, attending parties and other mixed-gender, mixed-group social events and is willing to throw the harmony of the entire household into complete upheaval to force her religious chauvinism onto her children. Because of her potent ability to create a toxic childhood, and to stunt her children's healthy upbringing and socialization, religious Somali mom is a key character in the dysfunctional Somali diaspora household.

(other parts coming)

0B4mGrQ-jaMMQRU8wOFJlSVFBM1E-640x360.jpg

Saalax Zero Income

Salaax Zero Income is a well-known figure in and around the Somali diaspora household. He is called “zero income” because this individual is often involved in some tax evasion activity, although he makes enough income through uber, warehouse work, or some other minimum education activity to make ends-meet. Saalax Zero Income speaks broken English, bombastic Somali, and although a FOB with limited status this individual has a grandiose ego and a very fragile masculinity. His kryptonite is successful or independent Western Somali girl, who brings out his insecurities in full force. He often spends hours taping rants on Facebook Live, promoting misogyny, tribalism, or some conspiracy theory in order to boost his ego and deal with deep psychological insecurities. Saalax Zero Income contributes to wider communal dysfunction through his narrow-mindedness and propagation of outdated cultural norms (often very chauvinistic and sexist ones).

I don’t get why people who don’t want to follow the deen and use words like wahabi. If you like following your desires just say that instead of trying to demonize people who want to prioritize their akira over some measly years on earth that will be spent partying or whatever

Good on those moms!

There are two types of Somali mothers, the religious one and the non-religious one. Let us focus on the religious-one as she is typically the source of the greatest dysfunction. The religious Somali mother spends her time listening to muxaadaro, participating in Wahabi WhatsApp chat groups, acting sanctimonious, and hounding her children to practice Islam with ever greater rigid conformity and obedience. She hardly knows the contents of her children's grade report cards, and is quite suspicious of her children's' school teachers, assuming she has not put the kids in Islamic school, but religious Somali mom spares no expense on dugsi-quran, quran saar, and other religious expenses. Despite having lived in a Western country for many years, religious Somali mom is deeply suspicious of the West, rejects foundational liberal principles such as secularism, democracy, and equality under the law, and is an unrelenting antagonist to her children's peaceful assimilation into their adopted homelands. Religious Somali mom has fucked up many children's childhoods by doggedly opposing healthy teenage Western behavior, such as dating, listening to music, attending parties and other mixed-gender, mixed-group social events and is willing to throw the harmony of the entire household into complete upheaval to force her religious chauvinism onto her children. Because of her potent ability to create a toxic childhood, and to stunt her children's healthy upbringing and socialization, religious Somali mom is a key character in the dysfunctional Somali diaspora household.

(other parts coming)
"Rejects foundational liberal principles such as secularism, democracy, and equality under the law"

I suppose you'd want her to throw away her diin and follow whatever the gaalo are promoting.

STOP with the generalisation there are hooyos who care about their kids dunya and akhira

Kindly change your name plz

(other parts coming)
Spot on. My best somali friend got dhaqancelis'd by this kind of mother. This is also the type you see on welfare and all those statistics.

I truly appreciate my mother for being educated and having sense.

It’s a guy. And a lot of what he said is spot on.

Just bc you can’t stomach it, you go on the gender offensive lol. Somalispot trained you well.
How can you say its true when you said in the other thread you barely know any somalis and dont hang with any except your sister.

Also what is written may have some truth to it, but how things are presented makes huge difference. You cant deny the writer is displaying disdain for somali culture while uplifting westernized xalimos as some sort of heroine. If the objective of the writer was to have debate they would have gone differently about it. This is a hit job

Coming for our religious mums now....fvck out of here with that nonsense

@Jaydaan

The woman in the picture of Op’s Post is in jail. She was convicted of raising funds for Alshabaab. She should’ve put all her energy raising her kids rather than working for a terrorist organisation that bombed and killed 100’s of students sitting down for a scholarship exam to Turkey. How about those students who were graduating in medicine and their professors and families in hotel shamow in Mogadishu. She isn’t religious, she is an evil person.

@IslamIsTheAnswer

Bravo Sxb, continue with the tribalist wadaad who is building a mosque for the clan, the minister or the xildhibaan who returned back home, married a girl younger than his daughter, who is very corrupt and starts his speeches with bismilahi raxmaani raxiim and steals money intended for the wretched and poor Somalis while his family lives on welfare and two of his sons are in the slammer.

To be continued..,,,,...

:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

I get it. religious parents are so consumed in raising the perfect child religious wise that they forget about their children's needs and desires. They put more focus on their dugsi progress and little attention on how they are doing in school. These kinds of parents tend to strictly forbid their children's involvement in healthy social interactions which then result in them raising insecure kids who have zero to none social capabilities.

I have seen so many examples of kids raised by religious mothers that have turn out negatively. I am not going to generalize and I am not claiming that EVERY child raised by a religious mom turn out bad, however, the ones I've seen have.

There is a girl her mom would always brag about how her daughter would always go straight home after school, cook for her whole family, take care of all of her siblings whilst the parents were around doing nothing and that she was well read on the Quran. This girl went thru a couple of stages. first, she wilds out (in the form of hanging out with friends and breaking routines set by her parents) behind her parents back which is an understandable reaction after years of living a very regulated lifestyle. Her parents are horrified that their daughter is having some (halal) fun and is actually focusing on herself. so they regulate her more. whilst all of this is happening, the girl never finishes 9th grade since she fails, a matter of fact she fails three times and this is going to be her third time going to 9th grade. You would assume that her parents would after all of this prioritise her school. the answer is no, they MARRY HER AWAY!

Anyways, there are so many cases of religious parents, who always for some reason care more about the image their kid uphold, who end up raising kids who can't compete in the real world and fails miserably.

I am not saying there is something wrong for a mother to instil Islamic values in their children. However at least be aware, you are in the west. you need to possess certain skills and qualities in order to make it. Religious parents look down on girls that have great social skills not realising that that is a great quality to have in the working world.

@Jaydaan

The woman in the picture of Op’s Post is in jail. She was convicted of raising funds for Alshabaab. She should’ve put all her energy raising funds rather than working for a terrorist organisation that bombed and killed 100’s of students sitting down for a scholarship exam to Turkey. How about those students who were graduating in medicine and their professors and families in hotel shamow in Mogadishu. She isn’t religious, she is an evil person.

@IslamIsTheAnswer

Bravo Sxb, continue with the tribalist wadaad who is building a mosque for the clan, the minister or the xildhibaan who returned back home, married a girl younger than his daughter, who is very corrupt and starts his speeches bismilahi raxmaani raxiim and steals money intended for the wretched while his family lives on welfare and two of his sons are in the slammer.

To be continued..,,,,...

:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
If she did that I agree. My point is the whole thing is written with disdain and bias. There are westernized somalis who hate somalibcilture like you who has strong dislike for somalis different than you. You do know any bout writers bias right? Something thats very common with liberal people

If she did that I agree. My point is the whole thing is written with disdain and bias. There are westernized somalis who hate somalibcilture like you who has strong dislike for somalis different than you. You do know any bout writers bias right? Something thats very common with liberal people

@Jaydaan

What he stated are the facts on the ground. As a community, we do have a thousand and one problems and like the op, I will never shy away from stating them openly. You guys keep it under the rug.

@Jaydaan

What he stated are the facts on the ground. As a community, we do have a thousand and one problems and like the op, I will never shy away from stating them openly. You guys keep it under the rug.
No i didnt say shy away. But im just saying people are not stupid and can see through people like the writer. Everyone who says they want you well dont want you well. We not stupid aussie

How can you say its true when you said in the other thread you barely know any somalis and dont hang with any except your sister.

Also what is written may have some truth to it, but how things are presented makes huge difference. You cant deny the writer is displaying disdain for somali culture while uplifting westernized xalimos as some sort of heroine. If the objective of the writer was to have debate they would have gone differently about it. This is a hit job

@Jaydaan

lol. I never said my sister is my only Somali friend. I should ignore your low blows next time.

Are you comparing Somali culture to western culture? Our culture is premordial and ancient and theirs is modern, how do you compare them?

@Jaydaan

lol. I never said my sister is my only Somali friend. I should ignore your low blows next time.

Are you comparing Somali culture to western culture? Our culture is premordial and ancient and theirs is modern, how do you compare them?

Vix we love you....dont take it the wrong way. Only weirdos are close friends with their siblings. You supposed to hate your sibling....they your rival lol

Let me add cultures evolve over time andcour culture is not perfect, neither is theirs. But we can improve our culture without throwing away our religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending