The dangerss of speaking Somali in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warya means tranny in Indonesian. I was talking to my friend Abdulqadir after salatul Fajr in the masjid. I said "warya pass Sahih Bukhari". A guy from Jakarta overheard me and thought I was calling Abdul a shemale. He looks effeminate now that i think about it.

Look it up in Indonesian.

Another time i ordered sharaab in a Somali restaurant. My Pakistani friend got excited. He said "I thought you were pious akhi. I've been acting all righteous around you, but I'm really thirsty for a cold pint of beer". Turns out that sharaab means alcohol in Urdu. I had to disappoint him and say that in my language beer does not refer to a liquid refreshment, but a chewy variety of meat

@Tukraq
I've got an edo called Tukraq, 53 years old, I don't like the way she eats bananas. Too many cucumbers in her bedroom too.

Banana shape, cucumber shape ... Nahh, couldn't be.

Apollo

VIP
The Urdu thing may be a related word (sounds like an Arabic loanword in both languages). But about the Indonesian stuff, everyone should know that the same words can mean something totally different in other languages.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq
I've got an edo called Tukraq, 53 years old, I don't like the way she eats bananas. Too many cucumbers in her bedroom too.

Banana shape, cucumber shape ... Nahh, couldn't be.
Interesting, send her my way I got something slightly larger than a banana or cucumber for her to devour, as long as your sisters flat futo don’t run in the family

VixR

Veritas
Lol @ warya. Sharaab is Arab origin and means “drink (noun)”. It can also mean alcohol as in, “I need a drink”.

I have a colleague named “Bakhti”. She actually gave me a ride the other day, and sports a Ganesh statue in her car. In her language, her name means something good. In ours, it means something dead.

Tukraq

VIP
Lol @ warya. Sharaab is Arab origin and means “drink (noun)”. It can also mean alcohol as in, “I need a drink”.

I have a colleague named “Bakhti”. She actually gave me a ride the other day, and sports a Ganesh statue in her car. In her language, her name means something good. In ours, it means something dead.
Bucktee lol, tell her never come to canada

VixR

Veritas
Bucktee lol, tell her never come to canada
My dad couldn’t help laughing when I introduced her at a graduation ceremony for our cousin and her sister lol. My mom said “fear Allah”, bc she thought I was being rude. Meanwhile, I completely forgot from being used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.