The consequences of a weak nation and identity

Their are Somalis who claim black, their are Somalis who claim Arab, their are Somalis who claim white. But the 1 thing we all have in common is that we’re ALL SOMALI. Sure on paper you can mark down “Black/Other”, but if someone asks you what you are, you should say SOMALI first. Don’t lose your lineage, history, language and culture by conforming to the white mans ignorance.

Their are Somalis who claim black, their are Somalis who claim Arab, their are Somalis who claim white. But the 1 thing we all have in common is that we’re ALL SOMALI. Sure on paper you can mark down “Black/Other”, but if someone asks you what you are, you should say SOMALI first. Don’t lose your lineage, history, language and culture by conforming to the white mans ignorance.
First comment of yours I agree with.
Grouping by skin colour is so outdated.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Banning religious studies and rushing in secular values is plain stupid. It'll genuinely achieve nothing, just take a look at the Ethiopian part of somalia. What's there to enforce?

Investing in education and STEM is the way to go.

How so?
Somalis under Ethiopia's rule have a far better life than those in Somalia.
This comparison makes no sense since Ethiopia ain't truly secular, and it's a developing country.

Secular values bring more to education, away from stupid superstitions.
I was maybe too extreme, saying that Region should be banned altogether, but I meant to ban at least all the religious sects and religious leaders interference in the political sphere.

My point was to implant a French-like (or Turkey) secularism; no more religious signs in public,
no more religious (publicly founded) teachings and people have to act as a unit, a national unit rather than the divisive part of religion.

"Investing in education and STEAM is the way to go"

With what?
With Religion which directs our daily lives?
Come on! Religion and the State have to stay away, like soon-to-divorce couples.
STEAM is secular, rational and Education comes in handy with Secularism.

I'm not advocating for a Mao ZEDONG style of extremism,
but all religions have poison in them; fanatism fundamentalist sects.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP

> Complains about losing his/her identity,
> Essentialises an entire group of people.

If people are LARPING to avoid "Somali Identity" is
because there's no such thing as a "Somali Identity".

Either, we talk about it, bluntly and we find solutions to fill this void,
or we shall stop telling other "Somalis" who "bootyclapp" to stop "bootyclapping"!

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Had to pause here. What are you smoking?

The daily bombings in South Somalia,
the piracy of the North-East,
and the misery of the North,

all of them suggest to me that Somalis are better off under the rule of Ethiopians or Kenyans or Italians.

all of them suggest to me that Somalis are better off under the rule of Ethiopians or Kenyans or Italians.
Italians I can understand. But isn't the resident Ethiopian is seeing their goverment genocide individuals and Kenya. Well it's kenya

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP

The Ogaden is human rights abuse galore, you'll barely hear about 1000 people being killed. The North and Southern cities are honestly better places to live.

My man you barely know shit about Somalia. Italian Somalia was a shithole so bad that Siad pitied it and I don't even think I need to discuss Kenya and Ethiopia (ignoring their hand in somalia's situation e.g. TPLF) because you're better off reading the UN's human rights cases in Africa.

Based

VIP

Daily bombings? Piracy in 2021? Fake news warya stop spreading lies

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Daily bombings? Piracy in 2021? Fake news warya stop spreading lies

Oh my bad,

Monthly bombings.
https://www.mfa.gov.tr/no_-133_-somali-de-duzenlenen-teror-saldirilari-hk.en.mfa (March)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Mogadishu_suicide_car_bombing (April)

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1801801/world (February)

I was still gentle when I portrayed Somalia as a dangerous place.

Reading these made me realized that Somalia is literally Hell.
Allah hasn't blessed humans for him creating the Somali Race.

Based

VIP
Oh my bad,

Monthly bombings.
https://www.mfa.gov.tr/no_-133_-somali-de-duzenlenen-teror-saldirilari-hk.en.mfa (March)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Mogadishu_suicide_car_bombing (April)

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1801801/world (February)

I was still gentle when I portrayed Somalia as a dangerous place.

Reading these made me realized that Somalia is literally Hell.
Allah hasn't blessed humans for him creating the Somali Race.
At the end of the day, no matter how poor and desperate Somalia is, you are a lamagoodle nomad. You cannot deny your nomadic origins in the desert.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
At the end of the day, no matter how poor and desperate Somalia is, you are a lamagoodle nomad. You cannot deny your nomadic origins in the desert.

I'm part Lamagoodle, and I don't care.
I'm rather glad to have had nomads who were smart enough to marry city people and learned to make alliances/settle and socially move up.

I do relate with folks back home as I lived and born in an impoverished region.
But Lamagoodlism, Reer Badiye, I can't relate.

There's a fine distinction between being a simple Nomad who goes on back and forth to the same city and lives there for months and then moves to another place,
and Reer Badiye folks.

I won't go on about this but Somalis deserve complete annihilation.

Trending