The consequences of a weak nation and identity

This is posted from the privilege of your house in the west. Somalia is a complete and utter shithole, I have no idea why people here deny that. Wealth is hoarded by an extremely small minority and the average person has no opportunity to climb up the social ladder.

Wahhabism and the rules like the covering up you mention exist because that extreme faith is all most people have.

Young girls are married off to old men because they have wealth. When families would rather go down that route all for money, it says a lot about their predicament. Somali people in Somalia have been failed by politicians. Blaming ignorance for such practices is ignorant in and of itself.

Somalis practised FGM even when the country was stable, during its "golden years" even. This practise is due to ignorance and not instability or poverty. In fact, it costs money to for an FGM practitioner to mutilate your daughters private parts.

Furthermore, asking girls to carry out most of the housework whilst boys do nothing, is again, not due to poverty and instability but sexism and ignorance. The prophet SAW, who was incredibly busy, used to carry out chores inside the house, so where did Somalis get this nonsense from?

No politician goes to people's houses and tells them to do these things.Not all of Somalia's ills can be blamed on "corruption", "war" and "poverty".

In fact, if Somalia ever stabilises fully, you will see the same sexist practises.

Mozart

You need people like me
Somalis practised FGM even when the country was stable, during its "golden years" even. This practise is due to ignorance and not instability or poverty. In fact, it costs money to for an FGM practitioner to mutilate your daughters private parts.

Furthermore, asking girls to carry out most of the housework whilst boys do nothing, is again, not due to poverty and instability but sexism and ignorance. The prophet SAW, who was incredibly busy, used to carry out chores inside the house, so where did Somalis get this nonsense from?

No politician goes to people's houses and tells them to do these things.Not all of Somalia's ills can be blamed on "corruption", "war" and "poverty".

In fact, if Somalia ever stabilises fully, you will see the same sexist practises.
I didn't mention FGM. Girls are made to do housework, so what ? Families are sending their young sons out to clean shoes/cars, skin fish, and lift heavy shit for rich idiots all for useless amounts of money. That Russian youtuber's video ; did it look as if young boys were just lazing about ? What exactly do you want, girls to join them ? Again, your comparing a shithole to the developed west.

Your last point doesn't hold since everyone who posts on this site can ask their family about the female experience pre-war, which was fairly liberal.

I didn't mention FGM. Girls are made to do housework, so what ? Families are sending their young sons out to clean shoes/cars, skin fish, and lift heavy shit for rich idiots all for useless amounts of money. That Russian youtuber's video ; did it look as if young boys were just lazing about ? What exactly do you want, girls to join them ? Again, your comparing a shithole to the developed west.

Your last point doesn't hold since everyone who posts on this site can ask their family about the female experience pre-war, which was fairly liberal.

... you think all Somalis clean cars or carry out manual labour? They don't, it's done by IDP boys or Oromos for barely any money.

Go ask your relatives back home if their sons do any manual labour on the streets.

It's looked down on, seen as inferior work. Which Somalia are you from where Somali boys are working hard on the streets?

Last edited:

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Ban Religious Studies,
Authorize Secular values,
Ban Religious Fanatism,

And Authorize industrial revolution in Somalia.
Banning religious studies and rushing in secular values is plain stupid. It'll genuinely achieve nothing, just take a look at the Ethiopian part of somalia. What's there to enforce?

Investing in education and STEM is the way to go.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
... you think all Somalis clean cars or carry out manual labour? They don't, it's done by IDP boys or Oromos for barely any money.

Go ask your relatives back home if their sons do any manual labour on the streets.

It's looked down on, seen as inferior work. Which Somalia are you from where Somali boys are working hard on the streets?
Yeah I've been to Somalia and stayed with all sorts of relatives. Girls don't carry out housework in rich households and boys don't do laborious jobs in those households either. I don't know what sort of shit your consuming on the politics section but it ain't IDP workers or Oromos doing all the work, they compromise way too little of the population. Most of it is done by poor kids out of desperation.

Female qabilists are genuinely the most delusional people I've seen on Sspot. Supporting clearly haraam qabilist stuff while advocating for gender equality based on hadiths.

Yeah I've been to Somalia and stayed with all sorts of relatives. Girls don't carry out housework in rich households and boys don't do laborious jobs in those households either. I don't know what sort of shit your consuming on the politics section but it ain't IDP workers or Oromos doing all the work, they compromise way too little of the population. Most of it is done by poor kids out of desperation.

Female qabilists are genuinely the most delusional people I've seen on Sspot. Supporting clearly haraam qabilist stuff while advocating for gender equality based on hadiths.

Did I address you for you to be writing a paragraph to me filled with an answer and personal insults? Don't address me again you cornball.

Banning religious studies and rushing in secular values is plain stupid. It'll genuinely achieve nothing, just take a look at the Ethiopian part of somalia. What's there to enforce?

Investing in education and STEM is the way to go.
Some people don't know what the focus is about, choosing ideology over plain improvement in material conditions. All the other pretentious idiocy is what people talk about when they have excess time on their hands, reflecting on established theoretical social forces of the past that never captures anything, only biased approximations. A f-king waste of time, if you ask me--the lesser mans' worry.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Did I address you for you to be writing a paragraph to me filled with an answer and personal insults? Don't address me again you cornball.
I'm so sorry my landheer feminist queen. My langaab cunsurinimo got the best of me and decided I should ignore your important feelings and tell you you're wrong. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Clearly you're a fan who follows my posts, you want me to sign your big shiny forehead, you groupie?
No abaayo I wanted your thesis on why we need gender equality and discrimination based on qabil at the same time. Inyartaan ii sameey, If you could wipe the sweat under mudane deni's boob and write it there I'd personally donate 1000 Kenyan shillings of my hard earned money to women's rights causes in Somalia of your choice.
Some people don't know what the focus is about, choosing ideology over plain improvement in material conditions. All the other pretentious idiocy is what people talk about when they have excess time on their hands, reflecting on established theoretical social forces of the past that never captures anything, only biased approximations. A f-king waste of time, if you ask me--the lesser mans' worry.
Most here live in the west. In their minds copying what their current home does should be enough all while ignoring their host nations history and this site doesn't exactly contain the best of the best.

Giving gay people rights and having a democracy isn't going to turn you into a first world nation, its something most people don't understand.

No abaayo I wanted your thesis on why we need gender equality and discrimination based on qabil at the same time. Inyartaan ii sameey, If you could wipe the sweat under mudane deni's boob and write it there I'd personally donate 1000 Kenyan shillings of my hard earned money to women's rights causes in Somalia of your choice.

Most here live in the west. In their minds copying what their current home does should be enough all while ignoring their host nations history and this site doesn't exactly contain the best of the best.

Giving gay people rights and having a democracy isn't going to turn you into a first world nation, its something most people don't understand.

Obviously you are a fan or a stalker, since you seem to have so much knowledge about my political affiliations. Meanwhile, I cannot remember ever seeing your posts, or I would have placed your pretentious, broke, cuqdad ridden self on ignore already. Shove your tiny income up your rear end.

Xaruun

VIP

Somali men back home are hustlers wallahi.

Yeah. If Somalia were to become secular then weโ€™d just be snorting heroin instead of chewing qat. Most secular third world shitholes are rife with child prostitution, rape, brutality, drug cartels etc etc. Islam is a godsend even from a secular viewpoint.

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
For sure,

It always takes a few people who are willing to make large sacrifices to create a lasting legacy. Don't get me wrong, we have some Somali go getters who do us justice but I worry for the younger generation.
Bro wallahi I'm ready to sacrifice my life and time and money for Somali people but when I look to them and the way they think I say to myself these people don't deserve my sacrifice.

Somalias first priorities should be making our country safe and tackling climate change.

More than 200 000 people died in a drought in 2011. Imagine, only 10 years ago. Then we had the 2017 drought which was alhamdulillah not that severe. The country is suffering and we should prioritise this.

Those people in the camps fled because of fighting and drought. Fixing these issues we could go back to right direction.

I have also heard that upper education in Somalia is not done in somali but in another language? If this is true than we need to change this, no way should a nation succumb to this.

Trending