The consequences of a weak nation and identity

camelbeater11

Deku πŸ’š
DAD DAL IYO MIDNIMO MUST BE A CREED THAT ALL FOLLOWS

giphy.gif
Maybe you should follow an english course.

I'll let your Darood brothers school you saxiib.
I know plenty of daroods who agree with me. And how shall they educate me?

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
You have made interesting points.
I will address this one by one.
It deserves substantial answers and not put on the sideline.

The Somali diasporans/homelanders, their sufferings as a formidable ethnic group and their outrageous misplaced priorities :

There is a vacuum, ofcourse an empty void among our youth , they are currently undergoing through various stages of difficulties , I try to be polite and not say state of confusion but our youth seems to fit in that category , for example let's delve into what the stages of underlying issues of every diasporan youth would go through, or battles with ,
They seek to find virtue of hope from their fellow countrymen but failed to acquire that vision hence it led to the development of fear , mistrust and neverending crises.
That youth will carry the basic sense of mistrust with them to anything . It may result in anxiety, heightened insecurities, and an over feeling of mistrust in the world around them. And most notably their surroundings , their upbringings affects the most, we must put in mind it depends on how they were raised ,
Good parenting are the results of
children being encouraged and supported in their increased independence, they become more confident and secure in their own ability to survive in the world and most notably proud of their background, heritage and sense of pride of their identity as they get older.

The same cannot be said about the majority of our youth , it applies in many Somali households , children are criticized, overly controlled, ridiculed even beaten like a pulp,
or not given the opportunity to assert themselves.

Conversely, this tendency likely continues for a span of time until their adolescence and all these years they faced undermined their capabilities wether it's both home and their outside surrounding , then their self retrospect is squelched, either through criticism or control, being exposed to they develop a sense of humiliation, the danger is that the parents will tend to push them too hard and restrict their initiatives too much.

They begin to start self loathing and the world around them and percieve negatively , the same for the youngsters that heavily suffered from the vicious ugly civil war and to this very day it proves difficult to be to overcome that trauma , its very hard for them to see the place they once called home a place thanks to the horrific event.
It put a toll on their lives combined with the treatment they may receive from their homes.

Hence the feeling of inadequacy lingers , it also discombobulate their ability to survive, navigate and may then become overly depressed , lack self-esteem, and feel a sense of shame or doubt in their capabilities and overall their identity as a Somali.

Put in mind that being exposed to different cultures , residing in faraway lands
can lead to identity crisis and self hatred it stems from there.
They would then claim anything other than Somali , be it in real life or online.
It would be harder for them to develop a sense of trust among their community as they saw the negative aspects of Somalinimo, he or she may want to evade their identities as long as it associates them shame , anger, embarrassment , agitation and guilt.

Remember that when they transition from the psychosocial stage between childhood and adulthood, and between what they learned as a child, if that morality or ethics were tampered , by the time
their adolescent mind develops essentially the moratorium gets easily corrupted and all the negative , pessimistic and inferiority plays in their minds like a dvd player all over again.
It plagues them as they see their people as unproductive, feel guilt about their existence, reminiscing their past experience , and frustrated their nation is the least accomplishing, they even become dissatisfied with their lives and develop despair, often leading to depression and hopelessness.
So in that regard it's common for many to imitate and embrace the culture of black diasporans , arabs and other things and ignore the plight of their people, many resort to insulting their very own to self relief which is very rampant on this forum.
Because they are escaping not from Somalis but themselves.

So we Somalis are really suffering.

Please distinguish that not everyone on this forum is the same as people outside , but this issue is not only exclusive to online.
It's a wider problem encircling internationally.

We still have a nation but the minds are shifted elsewhere , which I will explain on the next answer.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The possibility of tackling poverty are inevitable
Raising awareness for climate change and restructuring the educational curriculum are a crucial part for nation building
Addressing the humans rights of Somali Somali women.

We always asked ourselves this question , how can we eradicate abject poverty if our society especially the higher ups , clan elders and good for nothing politicians play a major role on hindering the iniative process, is this even fair.
When we look back at the range of conferences was held and what came out of them, it appeared to have been more unsuccessful than most other attempts at setting promising targets for development issues. The fundings are raised for a specific issue it's given the timing of its completion and that investment budgets disappears like someone fulfilling a NO2 and most certainly Somali politician are good at that , promising at first but spotted in Nairobi in his fancy Dolce Gabbana suit and Hublot watch building a 3 storey apartment in an affluent area of the city.

Ofcourse we would question their credibility and appalled at how they were legitimised to run such positions , when (A) was an illiterate grade 3 drop out but after the civil war he was a taxi driver in London and decided to get into politics in Somalia because of nepotism , (B) a former warlord that should either face a firing squad or prosecuted at the ICJ for committing crimes against humanity during the civil war , becomes a minister because of a cousin appointing him. I would 70% of the political delinquents in this scenario.
On the other hand, the World Bank and NGO fundings devastated our economy, to the point we stopped using our currency ,
When we talk about African inequality even they are nowhere near to how fucked up we , you know the funny thing is that all these clowns get easily distracted with "small small" the key factor that perpetuates global poverty β€” the unequal distribution of power at national and global levels.
And guess what Somalia can't even regulate it's own markets or ensure protectionist bills in their motions thanks to several entities, responsible fracturing and ofcourse who can't forget federalism. Because the country is weak ran by weak politicians.
We must not forget that the corruption in our country is also the unregulated markets and human development which go hand in hand. If countries are poor, went the argument, it is because they are not sufficiently globalised. I hate to say that word to be really honest.

Let me paraphrase because , the so called world talks about attributing impressive reductions in global poverty when all we see the rich enriching themselves and poor get poorer.
If we had a functioning ordinary government committing to back strong policies and have investment public expenditure , step by step and steps, then we would have competed with other African countries economically but the fact is we are light years behind , even Kenya and Ethiopia are progressing.

These countries are following the directions of rapid economies growth in China, India, Indonesia and Vietnam.
It may not seem perfect , especially when we talk about their leadership , they want to leave behind their old versions and prospect meanwhile we are too engage with one clans own this land and the other not.
See the difference.

We set the stones ourselves and out of the league because of stupid senseless sheer ego and pride.

Moreover, we came to believe that conquering poverty was a technical challenge that could be accomplished with more development aid. Yet the idea that aid can be the basis for development in African countries is highly debatable. So is the notion that aid can bring any significant degree of global redistribution. Poverty is a result of international power structures, yes Indeed we can say the outside influences, poor leadership, oppression and discrimination. It needs a political solution, not a technical one.

We suffer from inequality, power relations, murder, terrorism, tribalism , lack of integrity , poor governance, civil and political rights are non existent and other issues and we can't even unite our military , nor can we assemble an organised police taskforce , the entire security sector are ran by Amisom and various foreign parties, NISA and AS collaborate hand in hand , we can't regulate our taxes.
We only exist on the map , no it's not outsiders to blame but ourselves.

If we acknowledge what is enabling all the chaos , mayhem and dysfunction within our disintegrated political system then there is a beacon of hope , it may take another 3 decades to fix but since we are so entangled with clan affiliations , I highly doubt that.

I don't like authoritarianism with one man one vote but what choice do we have if people prefer this endless and disastrous rudimentary lifestyles of lawlessness.

That was politics and it give migraines

Yes that is good raising awareness for climate and changing our curriculum must be prioritised.

What does our youth gain from learning Saudi and Qatari schoolbooks , other than indoctrination of neobandi extreme and intolerant version big Islam , we must revive the 70's-90's instead of foreign elements embedding the young ripe minds of Somalis.

Btw during that era 80% of Somalis were literate compared today only a half , I wouldn't even say that but a fraction can read or write their names.

Women enjoyed freedom in the old days and they would go outside unaccompanied without being hassssled , yes they had faced difficulties but it wasn't as extreme as it is the present.
today's time she would get harrased , cat called and even assualted without a male muxram.

Now we always hear how Somali women especially the younger girls are sexually assaulted, exploited and raped.

We must tackle this and enforce strict rules to protect Somali women , yes I definitely agree I don't see feminists talking about this topic , neither do I see them discuss about the impacts of domestic violence or FGM.

These are core issues that should be addressed.

I will address the gender inequality in a separate thread , since it is very crucial to highlight this.

These are serious issues that need to shed a light , they are percieved sexual objects neither maids by the opposite counterparts and we must confront those who have misogynistic ideals.

Actually misogynism is very strife here.
I would like to say to the dear brothers on this forum that women are your mother's , sisters , your wives and daughters and you must treat them with respect.

Last edited:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
If you read so far let's give an applause.

This is a long topic I posted similar threads, years ago the amounts of times , I explained relatable issues about the community is gargantuan.

But all fell on deaf ears , so I got tired from writing this again, since it will likely get scrolled and not everyone wants to acknowledge the harsh truth.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Just look at the ridiculous school uniforms these young girls are required to wear compared to their male counterparts. Kids need the freedom to dress comfortable and play outside without the worry of wearing baggy clothing in hot climate. We can't even do that for the girls because their school uniform requirements are a jilbab, goono, and long sleeve shirt.

Somali Girls:
View attachment 184907

Somali boys:
View attachment 184909
the f you want the kids to wear a skirt, Sadly Somalis are known for many things but not pedo who tf want kids to wear revealing clothes, you should keep your gaalinimo to yourself

Last edited:
Bro climate change is something that’s not talked about enough. Somalia is going to go through more desertification and the temperatures are going to be rising to be the point where it’s going to be unlivable. There are disasters happening now like floods or lack of fresh water. Yet the government is doing NOTHING :snoop:

not to mention the population is going to double because our fertility rate is high and we’re already have a high youth unemployment. The future of Somalia looks grim, but allah yatlam

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Bro climate change is something that’s not talked about enough. Somalia is going to go through more desertification and the temperatures are going to be rising to be the point where it’s going to be unlivable. There are disasters happening now like floods or lack of fresh water. Yet the government is doing NOTHING :snoop:

not to mention the population is going to double because our fertility rate is high and we’re already have a high youth unemployment. The future of Somalia looks grim, but allah yatlam

It’s very sad with what’s happening in Somalia and sometimes I feel like we will lose our country especially with our stupid politics

Just look at the ridiculous school uniforms these young girls are required to wear compared to their male counterparts. Kids need the freedom to dress comfortable and play outside without the worry of wearing baggy clothing in hot climate. We can't even do that for the girls because their school uniform requirements are a jilbab, goono, and long sleeve shirt.

Somali Girls:
View attachment 184907

Somali boys:
View attachment 184909

Somali islamic dress needs to be remodelled to be comfortable, practical and reflective of our Somali identity. I cannot stand those triangle Jilbaabs. When it gets windy, they cling to women's bodies, it doesn't make sense and they are hideous.

Bro, imagine wearing that in Somalia? You can wear something more comfortable and remain modest?

Also, little girls don't have cawrah, why would they put a jilbaab on a girl who hasn't started menstruating. Somalis are not normal people, our society and culture has been corrupted.

They won't even let little girls get Vitamin D.

Both Somali men and women dress like Arabs found them naked and dressed them. It's embarrassing, all ethnic groups find a way to style themselves uniquely and then Somalis just copy and paste.

The worst are those "Wadaad" Somalis who even call themselves Abu and Umu... so cringe. You're not an Arab.
Well put Sister. We need to have our identity and not hide behind Arab because muh we are both Muslims.

Also, little girls don't have cawrah, why would they put a jilbaab on a girl who hasn't started menstruating. Somalis are not normal people, our society and culture has been corrupted.

They won't even let little girls get Vitamin D.
People take it too far these days. I find it kinda sad when I see little girls in Somalia finding it hard to breathe with it all on.

People take it too far these days. I find it kinda sad when I see little girls in Somalia finding it hard to breathe with it all on.

Those Arabs that Somalis love copying, have separate facilities for girls and their girls run around without scarves in girl-only environment. They at least make sure their girls can have a safe and good time.

Meanwhile Badoow, ignorant Somalis don't prove anything fun for girls, they cover them up and love cutting and sewing up little girls private parts, they turn them into maids from a young age, until they are old enough to be married to an older man to bear his offspring.

Whilst little boys have time to run around without worries, little girls wake up early to make food for the family and clean all day when they are not studying. At least nomadic boys have work to do, but what do city boys do? Nothing; and that's why they don't know how to work and rob people on the streets or join AlShaydan when they grow older.

Those Arabs that Somalis love copying, have separate facilities for girls and their girls run around without scarves in girl-only environment. They at least make sure their girls can have a safe and good time.

Meanwhile Badoow, ignorant Somalis don't prove anything fun for girls, they cover them up and love cutting and sewing up little girls private parts, they turn them into maids from a young age, until they are old enough to be married to an older man to bear his offspring.

Whilst little boys have time to run around without worries, little girls wake up early to make food for the family and clean all day when they are not studying. At least nomadic boys have work to do, but what do city boys do? Nothing; and that's why they don't know how to work and rob people on the streets or join AlShaydan when they grow older.
This! People back home, especially in the city have adapted so much especially well off boys grow up fat and privileged. We should have military services for boys to make them into men.:fittytousand:

As with girls, I see less and less of them going to school especially those who are poorer and that has to change wallahi. It's sad to see it as we are letting good intelligence go to waste and we should not copy arabs to this extent. I'm seeing a change in cities like Xamar when I last visited but this change has to happen all over the south and north as a whole!

Mozart

You need people like me

This is posted from the privilege of your house in the west. Somalia is a complete and utter shithole, I have no idea why people here deny that. Wealth is hoarded by an extremely small minority and the average person has no opportunity to climb up the social ladder.

Wahhabism and the rules like the covering up you mention exist because that extreme faith is all most people have.

Young girls are married off to old men because they have wealth. When families would rather go down that route all for money, it says a lot about their predicament. Somali people in Somalia have been failed by politicians. Blaming ignorance for such practices is ignorant in and of itself.

Trending

Latest posts