The Concept of Meher is Odd

Honestly you can not say you dont believe in patriarchy and not want to do all the cooking and cleaning if you also expect a man to hand you 50-100K. It also feels your literally purchasing her. Marriage shouldnt be a transaction

Kayo

Already bought my grave
Honestly you can not say you dont believe in patriarchy and not want to do all the cooking and cleaning if you also expect a man to hand you 50-100K. It also feels your literally purchasing her. Marriage shouldnt be a transaction
All relationships in this world are transactional :patrice:

When you go into a supermarket and buy a box of celebrations do you throw a tantrum and say mars is so shit or i don't like bounty with the coconut?

don't like the topic title. Am I the only one who thinks that statement is arrogant... like the world revolves around you so anything you find odd has to be odd?

Well in Islam youre money is her money, and her money is for herself. The thing is if a woman demands a high mehr just simply walk away, if she asks for a lot right away imagine how she’s gonna drain youre bank account even though she doesn’t do anything for you at home. Most girls online who say 50k mehr won’t go up go a man in real life and ask for that much

Well in Islam youre money is her money, and her money is for herself. The thing is if a woman demands a high mehr just simply walk away, if she asks for a lot right away imagine how she’s gonna drain youre bank account even though she doesn’t do anything for you at home. Most girls online who say 50k mehr won’t go up go a man in real life and ask for that much
i understand sharing income in a marriage is important but thats diffrent from meher. even if it was 20$ is not odd that you had to pay her to marry her?

But you dont ever think about the fact that a man just paid you to marry you?
No Mehr is not about buying your wife, nor is it a central concern of the bride and her family (at least in theory). The prophet (PBUH) said that families should choose grooms based on their deen and character and not based on the amount of Mehr. In essence, Mehr is simply a wedding gift that the groom gifts to his future wife, there was even an instance where a sahabi taught the bride surat Al-Ikhalas as her Mehr. Marriage is not an auction, it's a spiritual and physical bond that holds the fabrics of society together.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Well...when u marry, u r getting a vagina right? and she is getting a ...bleep? Well that is a transaction huuno. Its just not free trade. :)

1597839271726.png

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Mehr is a gift for the woman you want to marry it doesn’t have to be monetary it could be jewellery like buying her a sets of a gold ring, necklace and earrings and bracelets which by the way it’s not that expensive for an adult with a full time job I buy my own jewellery every couple of years in Dubai and it’s nowhere 50k. Even gaalo buy their women engagement and wedding rings so if giving money to a woman is difficult for you then buy her a nice gift instead that is more valuable and sentimental. I see a lot of young people are struggling and trying to save money which is a good thing and there’s no need to make things hard for anyone just have an understanding that’s all.

Who are these strange men who keep complaining about a simple wedding gift that is ordained by Allah SWT?

Most women can buy their own gifts and spoil themselves so please stop flattering yourself about having to give 2 months salary worth of gifts to secure a lifelong marriage.

Next, you will see these people talking about how THEY deserve to be given gifts.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The point of mehr is to assure the woman that you are really serious about this (marriage), and it could be anything, money, land and jewelry like a ring.

Gambar

VIP
Who are these strange men who keep complaining about a simple wedding gift that is ordained by Allah SWT?

Most women can buy their own gifts and spoil themselves so please stop flattering yourself about having to give 2 months salary worth of gifts to secure a lifelong marriage.

Next, you will see these people talking about how THEY deserve to be given gifts.
Ciyaal mamo brokies looking for a second mother. These are the same “men” who think they can compare their lives to multi millionaires and pre nups, but their net worth is zero. They pick and choose what part of the deen they like. They protest mehr but don’t protest polygamy which is a choice.

Ciyaal mamo brokies looking for a second mother. These are the same “men” who think they can compare their lives to multi millionaires and pre nups, but their net worth is zero. They pick and choose what part of the deen they like. They protest mehr but don’t protest polygamy which is a choice.

100% they must be broke sis. I tried to put myself in their shoes and I am baffled, paying meher and getting married shouldn't be shocking on a Middle-class career budget.

Also, If I was a man, i'd take great pride in providing and protecting my wife, what else is a man's worth or duty? :oops:

I pray they are foreigners and not Somalis because Somali men were always known to be generous and prideful historically.

Imagine if real Somali men read some of these wimpy and whiny comments online.

" Why do I have to give a gift to a woman" :kendrickcry::mjcry: