The Concept of Meher is Odd

Gambar

VIP
100% they must be broke sis. I tried to put myself in their shoes and I am baffled, paying meher and getting married shouldn't be shocking on a Middle-class career budget.

Also, If I was a man, i'd take great pride in providing and protecting my wife, what else is a man's worth or duty? :oops:

I pray they are foreigners and not Somalis because Somali men were always known to be generous and prideful historically.

Imagine if real Somali men read some of these wimpy and whiny comments online.

" Why do I have to give a gift to a woman" :kendrickcry::mjcry:
Some of them are used to their moms doing everything for them, so they are offended by the fact that they have to provide.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Most men are not against the concept of mehr as such.

What most men have a problem with however, is the insane unreasonability of some of the requests some women have when it comes to meher.

The best of mehrs (and this has been narrated) are modest ones.

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Women risk their life and livelihood to bring life and you’re whiny about a gift to your spouse? Loser.

It’s true the cost of meher, wedding and a honeymoon combined is nothing compared to the job of being a housewife and a mother. I read somewhere that if housewives were paid for their job to do cooking, cleaning, laundry/ironing, going through multiple pregnancies, child births, painful c sections and free childcare etc their salary would’ve been anywhere from £ 30 k to £100k a year depending on the size of the family. If she’s working and paying some of the bills the guy is getting back his money worth within a year. So at the end of the day it’s the women who’s losing a lot not the men. Men are ones who benefit more from a marriage than women.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
When let's get the idiot modern feminist to fight it but who would say no to free money or expensive gifs
:mjlol:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Mehr is a religious requirement under the Sharia (divine law). So it is not odd.

As Muslim men it is mandatory for us, end of discussion. Just marry when you are stable, and find a woman understanding of what you can afford and all will be well inshallah.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Honestly you can not say you dont believe in patriarchy and not want to do all the cooking and cleaning if you also expect a man to hand you 50-100K. It also feels your literally purchasing her. Marriage shouldnt be a transaction
Nigga no Halimo is worth 50K-100K. I could literally buy a house or buy a Tesla for that :mjlol: