The Bible is an Interesting book..

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Almost done with Genesis and realizing that these stories are actually pretty interesting.
At the part where Jacob reconnects with Joseph and brings the whole crew from Cannan(?) to Egypt.
7DA91ACA-2C90-4A85-ABA5-AEDBF0023757.png

A lot of odd stuff: women essentially having no rights, multiple wives, folks living to 130+, dudes constantly plotting and scheming, God smiting entire groups of people, God speaking to some people but not others. But yeah, it’s surprisingly interesting.
CF99E7CF-278D-4311-A565-D689E81228FF.png

The Jews and Christians really had a fun time editing the Bible. They made it read like a fairytale. But I’m interested in seeing what it has to say..
7849DB81-1334-480A-9586-1C4522FB3F2C.png

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
Almost done with Genesis and realizing that these stories are actually pretty interesting.
At the part where Jacob reconnects with Joseph and brings the whole crew from Cannan(?) to Egypt.
View attachment 253732
A lot of odd stuff: women essentially having no rights, multiple wives, folks living to 130+, dudes constantly plotting and scheming, God smiting entire groups of people, God speaking to some people but not others. But yeah, it’s surprisingly interesting.
View attachment 253733
The Jews and Christians really had a fun time editing the Bible. They made it read like a fairytale. But I’m interested in seeing what it has to say..
View attachment 253734
It also has vomit inducing bits; rape, homo, incest ...etc. Humans are ingenious in myth creation and storytelling.

It also has vomit inducing bits; rape, homo, incest ...etc. Humans are ingenious in myth creation and storytelling.
R*pe? Context? Is this referring to the forced sexual assaults by the sodom and Gomorrah people ? Which is also told in Quran. They did this guests travelling in the town and 1 of many reasons why they were punished

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
I also read some of Genesis yesterday, the bible despite its many updates and logical inconsistencies is an interesting read. The similarities and differences to our deen are fascinating.

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
R*pe? Context? Is this referring to the forced sexual assaults by the sodom and Gomorrah people ? Which is also told in Quran. They did this guests travelling in the town and 1 of many reasons why they were punished

Lot's two daughters had sex with their father on consecutive nights. They deliberately got him so drunk with wine that he didn't even realize what was happening (Genesis 19:33; 35). Both of Lot's daughters became pregnant through this sexual abuse of their own father giving birth to Moab and Ammon respectively.

Erythrean

Lot's two daughters had sex with their father on consecutive nights. They deliberately got him so drunk with wine that he didn't even realize what was happening (Genesis 19:33; 35). Both of Lot's daughters became pregnant through this sexual abuse of their own father giving birth to Moab and Ammon respectively.
🤢 🤮

Most people of faith don't read/understand their religious books. So I dont know why they act surprised when they find find some hard to stomach stuff in books. Durr it's a book from more than a thousand years ago..

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I like Psalms of David in the bible. But i never take it word for word- Koran/Quran is my confirmation and point of reference

I also read some of Genesis yesterday, the bible despite its many updates and logical inconsistencies is an interesting read. The similarities and differences to our deen are fascinating.
There are similarities but our view of the afterlife is something that surprising doesn’t exist in Christianity and Judaism.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Are any of you guys familiar with the works of sheikh Ahmad Deedat? Love to listen to him analyzing the bible and debating christian missionaries.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
The whole ‘mUh BiBlE hAs BeEn UpDaTeD’ is a psyop. Unless you are a Quranist you can’t make the argument in good faith.

Erythrean

The whole ‘mUh BiBlE hAs BeEn UpDaTeD’ is a psyop. Unless you are a Quranist you can’t make the argument in good faith.
You’re a Christian? LMAO. I’ll respect your religion and not say anything about it. But I can easily prove that wrong.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Christianity is vastly closer to Islam than other religions. Making fun of Christianity by calling it fairytales is indirectly insulting Islam.

Erythrean

Christianity is vastly closer to Islam than other religions. Making fun of Christianity by calling it fairytales is indirectly insulting Islam.
I’m talking about the Edited parts. Of course some parts of it aka the Genesis is mostly correct.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
The fact that you habeshas use a different bible than everybody else should speak volume :russ:
The extra books in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible are still considered legitimate by other churches but they are used in the same context that Hadiths are in Islam