The Battle for Ogaden: Soviet Union/Cuba/Ethiopia/ Yemen vs Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
This war was unforgettable for all the armies which were there. Somalia vs the communist world. The best somali chance to create Greater Somalia. The war that began with many somali victories on the battlefield ended in a total political and military disaster for somali people. Somalia would never be the same after this war, the hopes of this great nation were shattered by the Soviet Empire. When the war began in 1977, everybody was happy and hopeful, one year later, the greater somalia dream had turned in a nightmare.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
Welcome to SSpot. Haven't we met before? :childplease:I noticed the siyad barre picture, are you marexaan?

Btw I'm Al Dhoobe al Khaatumaawi :diddyass:

Last edited:
Why do you think Somalia lost the war?

This is a new book about Siad Barre and Ogaden War

The Suicidal State in Somalia: The Rise and Fall of the Siad Barre Regime ...
Escrito por Mohamed Haji Ingiriis

I know this war very well. My grandfather's brother was one of Somalia's generals and his cousin was a pilot. My family was actually very involved in this war. that's why they fled with their entire extended family to Kismayo. Later some arrived in Kenya in the mid 80s and opened the way for the rest of us to come in 1992 where we settled. I was born a few years after that :)
If Somalia won 77 I would have been born in Jigjiga and if the civil war hadn't happened I would have been born in Kismayo. I imagine those scenarios everytime but due to Qadr of Allah I am now 3rd generation Kenyan Somali Alxamdllah.

I won't mention any names because I don't want any qarxis. The internet is shytte :eating:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Luis, how's it going man?

Still obsessed with the Ogaden war I see? :lol:

But, what would have happened if Siyad Barre had accepted the Russian offer of the Ogaden and halted the invasion of the highlands?

It wasn't a defeat until the Yemenis, Cubans, etc came on board. The SNA had the Ethiopian army beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending