The Adal Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Dude the book describes at length the Somali clans who participated in the war, I understand your suspicions because of our collective obsession with the evil of qabyaalad but I'd like to think of myself as pretty objective.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Because the afar tribe, Oromo tribe and even the habashi claimed Ahmed Gurey and they are trying to prove he is not Somali that is all. I had to defend our history.

I get that but it seems way more broader then that. A lot of people on this thread be fighting over whose clan he was from?! Does that really matter?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Marexan were gaal :siilaanyolaugh:

Also Axmed Gurey wanted to chop this Tedrows nigga head off for killing the messenger Imam Axmed sent to him.He called him a "treacherous Somali"

Smart niggas hedge their bets, Goita Bahal if we lose Garaad Bahal if we win

:banderas:

Let's not forget Habar Magaadle

PmbtrWS.png

Caku Somali

:chrisfreshhah:

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Smart niggas hedge their bets, Goita Bahal if we lose Garaad Bahal if we win

:banderas:

Let's not forget Habar Magaadle

PmbtrWS.png

Caku Somali

Habar Magaadle(Garxajis & HA)savages been robbing the muzzies on the road to Berbera & Saylac.We were not paying Zakat either.

The Imam put our pagan asses in place tho :mjcry:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
thank god we don't know gureys clan lets keep it that way :mjlol:

:dzmxmmb:

Better a Somali hero than reducing that legacy to some internet faan like we used to on somnet

Habar Magaadle(Garxajis & HA)savages been robbing the muzzies on the road to Berbera & Saylac.We were not paying Zakat either.

The Imam put our pagan asses in place tho :mjcry:

16th century Somalis seem a lot like 21st century Somalis, killing foreigners when we have to but going back to killing each other when its over

:bell:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
It is Zelia first and Somali language is one of oldest lower Cushitic languages & best documented Cushitic language and people of Harla that you are talking about them are extincted people and Prince Nur Prince of Harar who ordered to abolish the tribe used in Harar. I know that every one in horn like to claim Ahmed Gurey from Oromo to afar but he was Somali and his widow married his nephew the heir who was marehan tribe According to Somali tribal tradition that we practice till today ( that widows marry brother/cousin of dead husband)
Plus today Harar are mixed of all ethnic groups from Arab, Indian to Somalis which lost their tribal lineage.

Ahmeds widow promised to marry anyone who killed Emperor Gelawdewos and brought his severed head back to Harar. Nur succeeded and married her. Futuh was reviewed by academic Mohammed Hassen, this is what he said
"the father of Imam Ahmad was the garad of Sim, the heartland of the Harla people. Imam's aunt was the wife of Sultan Muhammad, the hereditary chief of all the Harla people. This clearly indicates that Imam Ahmad not only belonged to the sedentary Harla landed aristocracy, but was probably distantly related to the Harla dynasty. Of Imam Ahmad's three sisters, Ferdousa was married to Garad Mattan B. Uthman the hereditary chief of the Girri Somali. The second sister, Munisa was married to Garad Kamil, an Adare landed nobleman."

source
https://www.jstor.org/stable/27828848?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Tbh I don't care what qaabil he was but I doubt he was even Somali as their no proof supporting such a claim.

Whether a Harla,Afar,Arab or Turk.He United Muslim Horners to face the Amxaaro raw meat eaters and subdued them.He was a Spartacus figure to all Muslims in the Horn!

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Tbh I don't care what qaabil he was but I doubt he was even Somali as their no proof supporting such a claim.

Whether a Harla,Afar,Arab or Turk.He United Muslim Horners to face the Amxaaro raw meat eaters and subdued them.He was a Spartacus figure to all Muslims in the Horn!

word but its f'd up when half of somalia is occupied

na oromos been islamiszed and we got state recognition with only 10k population :mindblown: we trying to be capital of somalia again :lolbron:

It is normally to the unknown history to steal their neighbour 's history, and to rewrite it the history & claim it for themselves.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
There are conflicting opinions who the Adal were. It is not clear who he was.

The Arabs believe the Adal conquest were Arabs, the Turks believed it was the Turks, the Afar believes they were Afar and so on.

Now, historically the Arabs have ruled the coast of the eastern Africa. During the Adal times, the Ottomans were ruling the coastal East Africa. It's well known. The Danakil region (modern day Djibouti and North East Ethiopia) was led by the Afar. West Eritrea was led by the Beja dynasties. Large portion of modern Ethiopia was led by the Oromo people while the Highland plateue was led by the Abyssinia. All of them were neighbors with the Abysinnian Highlanders and have had direct conflict with them for centuries (far more than Somalians due to geographics) so they can't be ruled out.

What questions me is that the Abyssinian Kingdoms were concentrated in the Gondar region and were surrounded by local Muslim Kingdoms who are not Somalians. Geographically, Somalia was too far from the Abyssinian Plateue which gives me doubts.

Funnily enough according to Eritrean source, they confirmed Adal was Afar dominated (despite having dozens of ethnic groups yet there were no conflicting opinions). According to Somalian source, they argue who he was based on their tribal lines which sounds ridiculous. I am not sure what Ethiopia believes.

Might have to look deeper into this and gather sources from all sides.

Last edited:
image.png
Walashma dynasty and the first Kingdom in zaylac (north of Somalia)
(Walashma princes were princes of Ifat and Adal Sultanate )

@Regg at that era Eritrea did not exist and was part of Abyssinia. First of all Adal sultanate 's capital was zaylac (north of Somalia). Second, the Darood tribe is considered to be Arab at that era. Third, the Harari historian Sheikh Abibakr Ba Alawi ashanbali , he states that the walashma dynasty were "native" to the land ( Dir are the first "somalis" as you all know)
secondly they claim to be descendent of Yusuf Al Kownayn, a Wardiiq (Dir) man
walashma (wadiiq) dynasty is related to Yusuf Al Kownayn
is also written in source 3 in the Fathi Quath,Islaam walhabasha Cabra Taarikh- (islam and Abyssinia throughout the ages) in Cairo.
http://dspace-roma3.caspur.it/bitstream/2307/1026/5/34_M. A. RIRASH - Effects of sixteenth century upheavals on the history of the horn.pdf

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Abyssinia was located in the Gondar region, the coastal part in present Eritrea was a vassal state for the Umayyad Arabs then later the Ottoman Turks and Egypt until the late 18th century, the Western region alongside with eastern Sudan was led by the Beja kingdoms, the eastern region (knowm as Danakil or Afar triangle) was led by the Afar sultanates and the Highland Eritrea was ruled by the local tribal (Saho and Tigrinya) cheftains.

People tend to confuse between Abyssinia (1200s - 1900s) and modern Ethiopia (1900s - present) so modern Eritrean territories was never part of Abyssinia nor Ethiopia until 1960 when Haile Selassie occupied the region.

Ethiopia_Abyssinia.jpg

-

I remember reading an ebook about Saylac and Djibouti where there was a conflict between Issa, Issac, Afar and Oromo tribes and how ethnic Somali agro-pastrolist pushed back ethnic groups which suggest that they may have lived there Will post it as soon as I find it.

Last edited:
Abyssinia was located in the Gondar region, the coastal part in present Eritrea was a vassal state for the Umayyad Arabs then later the Ottoman Turks and Egypt until the late 18th century, the Western region alongside with eastern Sudan was led by the Beja kingdoms, the eastern region (knowm as Danakil or Afar triangle) was led by the Afar sultanates and the Highland Eritrea was ruled by the local tribal (Saho and Tigrinya) cheftains.

People tend to confuse between Abyssinia (1200s - 1900s) and modern Ethiopia (1900s - present) so modern Eritrean territories was never part of Abyssinia nor Ethiopia until 1960 when Haile Selassie occupied the region.

Ethiopia_Abyssinia.jpg

-

I remember reading an ebook about Saylac and Djibouti where there was a conflict between Issa, Issac, Afar and Oromo tribes and how ethnic Somali agro-pastrolist pushed back ethnic groups which suggest that they may have lived there Will post it as soon as I find it.

First of all, Issac, Issa are pure ethnic Somalis who lived in their native land Djibouti till today. Second, Eritrea was part of Abyssinia and they were called "land of habashi" where the early Muslim Arab who were running from Arabia went to the habashi king Negus in "al-hijraʾilā al-hābsḥa"
The Eritrea is proud about that part of their history and still showcase the mosque that arab that had built and port that early Muslim came.
Adal sultanate is Somali and happened to occupy your land is not shame, so please stop rewriting Somali history and claiming our old kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.