The absolute best thing somalis have ever produced

what makes me ignorant if am telling the truth and don't want to end up as madows claiming shit that doesn't belong to us ffs
Punt doesn’t belong to us? Why the hell do they find all these artifacts on Somali soil then when we all inhabited the north? Did we drop from the sky yesterday? Fool :westbrookwtf: not our fault Afars failed evolve their style for over 4000 years

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Punt doesn’t belong to us? Why the hell do they find all these artifacts on Somali soil then when we all inhabited the north? Did we drop from the sky yesterday? Fool :westbrookwtf: not our fault Afars failed evolve their style for over 4000 years

Punt is too long ago to be ascribed to any particular group of Cushites. Af-Maxaa and Af-Maay were one language just 1,500 years ago. That Proto-Somali language was in turn one language with Rendille around 2,000-2,500 years ago or so. East Cushtiic unity goes back about 4,000 years if memory serves me right:

uaZCrWN.png

This is all relevant because Punt dates to 2500 BCE at its earliest. Around that time most Cushites in the Horn would have been barely differentiated and largely speaking mutually intelligible dialects and would have only entered the Horn itself barely a millennia earlier. So no particular ethnic group can claim them more than the another.

Punt is too long ago to be ascribed to any particular group of Cushites. Af-Maxaa and Af-Maay were one language just 1,500 years ago. That Proto-Somali language was in turn one language with Rendille around 2,000-2,500 years ago or so. East Cushtiic unity goes back about 4,000 years if memory serves me right:

uaZCrWN.png

This is all relevant because Punt dates to 2500 BCE at its earliest. Around that time most Cushites in the Horn would have been barely differentiated and largely speaking mutually intelligible dialects and would have only entered the Horn itself barely a millennia earlier. So no particular ethnic group can claim them more than the another.
Sxb, can you link me some Af-Maay Maay literature, I can hardly find some except for Wikipedia. Thanks.

Gacanka Cadmeed

انا عربي, سْنْمْ هَنولاتو‌‌‌‌, Free Azawad, 🇾🇪

uaZCrWN.png

Why are the Somali language closest to Afar-Saho when we are a different branch

Trending