TedGlobal Fellow - Abdigani Diriye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet the 10 African trailblazers on the TEDGlobal 2017 list

Somali tech entrepreneur and inventor is driving the Somalian tech scene through coding camps, incubators and accelerator programs.

Diriye's mission is to create commercially viable tech startups and businesses in Somalia and to research and develop new technologies in financial technology.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgzAAAAJGFjOWM4ZDNlLTI1MDQtNGE1OC05MTU2LTViYTI4MWFlZmEwOA.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/africa/ted-fellows-from-africa/index.html

VixR

Veritas
:salute:Well done to him.

There are only three notables as far as real change on that 10 person list imo, in order:

Saran Kaba Jones (Liberia | USA)
170522190708-saran-kaba-jones-large-169.jpg

In 2008, a trip to her native land of Liberia opened Jones' eyes to the struggle for clean water. During that trip she launched her organization, FACE Africa that strengthens water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure in rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa. According to Saran, "FACE Africa has brought life-changing programs to more than 100,000 people in Liberia." In eight years, it has built over 50 systems that allow rural communities in her native land and beyond, access to clean water.

Abdigani Diriye (Somalia | UK)
170523132828-abdigani-diriye-large-169.jpg

Somali tech entrepreneur and inventor is driving the Somalian tech scene through coding camps, incubators and accelerator programs.
Diriye's mission is to create commercially viable tech startups and businesses in Somalia and to research and develop new technologies in financial technology.

Robert Hakiza (DRC | Uganda)
170522191421-robert-hakiza-large-169.jpg

Hakiza is the co-founder of Young African Refugees for Integral Development (YARID) that focuses on rehabilitating refugees in Uganda through computer literacy skills, vocational education, English classes and access to sports. Himself a Congolese refugee in Uganda, Hakiza and his colleagues are helping these urban refugees learn new skills.

Genie

The last suugo bender
I thought you wanted to go into security and forensics? This guy is a research scientist.:sass2:

I thought you wanted to go into security and forensics? This guy is a research scientist.:sass2:

I want to do the bold so thats why i said what i said, i wan tot initially go into cyber security and forensics then start and find my own company whisky helping somali's learn to code and start their own companies , invent knew things yadayada .... i'm not going to reveal my whole plan but thats all you need to know stay tuned world!!!

I want to do the bold so thats why i said what i said, i wan tot initially go into cyber security and forensics then start and find my own company whisky helping somali's learn to code and start their own companies , invent knew things yadayada .... i'm not going to reveal my whole plan but thats all you need to know stay tuned world!!!

What uni do you study at?

I want to go into AI and Machine Learning.

Genie

The last suugo bender
What uni do you study at?

I want to go into AI and Machine Learning.

I said before i'm not going to say my Uni cuz uni people lurk on here so allow being found and stalked.

But AI and machine learning is very interesting , i know several universities who do courses on it , its the sector of technology i would like to invest in someday so do well warya i might just help you out :mjswag:

You females are all very strange. As if anyone cares to stalk you. Do you know how many xaliimos in university across the UK? But, WE.:tacky:

Work hard. I will welcome your investment in Somali Google one day.:denzelnigga::sass2:

Genie

The last suugo bender
You females are all very strange. As if anyone cares to stalk you. Do you know how many xaliimos in university across the UK? But, WE.:tacky:

Work hard. I will welcome your investment in Somali Google one day.:denzelnigga::sass2:

LOL you wouldn't understand , i don't expect you to. Anywho DON'T YOU DARE make some shitty version of google like somali's do uff always copying others...... have an original idea mate or else you can forget about the investment :fittytousand:

LOL you wouldn't understand , i don't expect you to. Anywho DON'T YOU DARE make some shitty version of google like somali's do uff always copying others...... have an original idea mate or else you can forget about the investment :fittytousand:

I said I would make a Somali version of Google, I didn't say I was going to copy them.:ayaanswag:

Genie

The last suugo bender
I said I would make a Somali version of Google, I didn't say I was going to copy them.:ayaanswag:

LOOOL lets not fool ourselves any version of a good search engine will be seen as a copy of google , unless it has an original twist to it.

LOOOL lets not fool ourselves any version of a good search engine will be seen as a copy of google , unless it has an original twist to it.

I don't think you understand. Google is a lot more than just a search engine. They make AI, phone software, cloud computing, self-drive cars, payment services etc.

I meant I want to create an all encompassing tech company.

Genie

The last suugo bender
I don't think you understand. Google is a lot more than just a search engine. They make AI, phone software, cloud computing, self-drive cars, payment services etc.

I meant I want to create an all encompassing tech company.

You're right but google is an original , they own other companies like Youtube among other things , like you said however being 'like' google or like any other company in the tech world will render you a target for them to legit buy your company off why? cuz its a possible competitor so to survive out here you need an original idea then you can do whatever you want with the money be it invest in AI etc etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending