Syrians in Somalia

I didn't know we had whole syrian communities on our land :dwill:
There was a relatively large number of somali migrants in syria before the syrian civil war. A lot of somalis also used it as a route to get into Russia and then Europe proper.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
I remember seeing Syrians constantly begging at local mosques in hargaisa. I was so confused to why they were Syrians in Somalia.

You making it seem like it's easy to survive in Somalia especially as an ajanabi oo luuqada ku hadlin life is tough out there

i get it but they've been doing it for years. Yeminis have their restaurants, Oromos got

barbershops, Egyptians hospitals etc. Their men should find a lane like xamaal or something and stick to it

Som

VIP
i get it but they've been doing it for years. Yeminis have their restaurants, Oromos got

barbershops, Egyptians hospitals etc. Their men should find a lane like xamaal or something and stick to it
Some syrians in Xamar are also Doctors and dentists not all Syrians are poor

Som

VIP
Yeah in general they are very educated, just havent seen it much in somaliland
Why do they come to Somalia though. I get we are welcoming people but shit Syria is far far away and we are poorer than them. The situation is Syria now is way better than before and despite the war it's still more developed than Somalia, are any of the Syrians in Hargeysa, Xamar etc going back to Syria?

Why do they come to Somalia though. I get we are welcoming people but shit Syria is far far away and we are poorer than them. The situation is Syria now is way better than before and despite the war it's still more developed than Somalia, are any of the Syrians in Hargeysa, Xamar etc going back to Syria?

Honestly I have no clue how they ended up here. But Im seeing less and less of them each year.

I always had a feeling their stay was temporary a lot of them Got the money through
shaxaadnimo then dipped