Survey: What Federal System do you prefer for Somalia

Discussion in 'Somali Politics' started by Abdurahman_somali, Mar 14, 2019.

?
  1. German Federal System: States have authority only on lower level (e.g. Education)

17.9%
  2. American Federal System: States have authority on higher level (e.g. own law)

17.9%
  3. British System: States are sovereign countries in a loose federation with hardly any centralization

28.2%
  4. Balkanisation: I don't believe in Federalism let everyone go his own way

12.8%
  5. Complete centralization: There is only one central government and no other authorities (States)

23.1%
  1. Farm

Farm

Ratings:
    +5,026
    How would the states work when Barre created them for his own agenda? For example a unified Mudug will never be a viable state

• Like Like x 2
  2. SomaliSteel

SomaliSteel No dictator can imprison a population forever.

Ratings:
    +512
    Centralization is the only way to make rapid changes. Look at China and Rwanda for example. We can federalize in a few decades when we get more prosperous if that is what people want at that point. Somalia may look big on a map but most of the population lives in a few cities and towns, central authority would work best

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SomaliMvp

SomaliMvp Let's Get Rich Together

Ratings:
    +528
    You are right but the same can be said about the current federal member states. We should let the people decide. Let them vote. For example Buuhoodle. Let them vote if they want their government in Laascaanood (Sool) or Burco (Togdheer).

When you say Mudug I think that you mean Gaalkacyo. That city will never see peace as long as Puntland and Galmudug are fighting over it. If you give the residents the option without outside interference then I think that united government can be formed in Gaalkacyo.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted