Survey: What Federal System do you prefer for Somalia

What type of federal System do you want for a Future Somalia ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since a few years Somalia has chosen to be a federal country. The way it is today practiced is very confusing with states and FGS are permanently in loggerheads with each other. Another issue is Somaliland, wich is another state, but not yet part of this Federal System.

So my Question is to you : What type of Federal System do you think is suitable for Somalia. There are some systems of other countries i presented. You pick the one you think is the most appropriate.

This survey is for everyone even if you are from Somaliland and don't believe in Federalism (There are suitably response option for all of you). Im just curious what the majority of the people here think.

Qabil(federalism) iyo Qaranimo waa labo. That video touched your soul didn't it?

Not really, I understood where they were coming from but he completely disrespected the Maamul Gobaleeds, as if if it wasn't for them there wouldn't be anything called Somalia.

"Deeq Cabdi - Buntlayn"
"Cabdi Najiib Colaad - Somalilayn"
"Khadar Maxamuud - Jubbalayn"

"Kooxda Ka Bax waryaa".

Some of these kids are proud of the federal states they hail from, because it brought back some law and order, and infrastructure being built in these specific areas. Something a Somali central government didn't do, so why downplay the Maamul Gobaleeds?

Last edited:
Qabil(federalism) iyo Qaranimo waa labo. That video touched your soul didn't it?

The Short film was emotional at some point but it contradicts completely the reality. SL and PL might be based on tribes but that doesn't change the fact that we built sucessful states over the last 30 years. Should we give up our states, just because other tribes who didn't achieve anything after 1991, want us to come under the banner of Somalinimo ? I mean i give up my state that i built over 30 years and what would you sacrifice for it ? Right, Nothing !

It's an unfair deal saaxib.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Somalis will never amount to anything and will never become a civilization with primitive clan states instead of centralization based on Islamic principles

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
I believe that Federalism is the only viable option. We are too divided and the conflict on who gets to be THE president needs to stop. The president of Somalias hands should be tied. The power should be to the people.

The current form of Federalism in Somalia is flawed. The borders of each federal member state are not final. See the conflicts in Sool and Sanaag between Somaliland and Puntland and the conflict in Gaalkacyo between Puntland and Galmudug. Some areas are also ignored. Taxes are collected and not invested back into the communities where it came from.

That is why I believe we need to use the 18 gobols as federal states. It would be easier to share the income from taxes and our recourses. It would also be easier to hold everyone accountable. Each gobol should secure their area and assign id cards to the residents of the gobol. I can't see an option that is more fair than this one.

Strong federalism with certain regions given special status. Everything under Federal State except Foreign relations issues, currency and military.

State police should be under State while Federal Police are at borders, ports and airports.

No State police allowed to step over another's State while pursuing criminal and have to coordinate with other State when criminal tries to cross State border.

Districts should be independent from States too and go all level down to communal village level.

Everyone should be in charge of their own issue and frameworks erected in how to work together.

Minimal Federal level interference in the day to day affairs except for disasters and occasions but should first go to district than State and finally Federal.

Very loose except in Foreign affairs and national security and defence.

Strong federalism with certain regions given special status. Everything under Federal State except Foreign relations issues, currency and military.

State police should be under State while Federal Police are at borders, ports and airports.

No State police allowed to step over another's State while pursuing criminal and have to coordinate with other State when criminal tries to cross State border.

Districts should be independent from States too and go all level down to communal village level.

Everyone should be in charge of their own issue and frameworks erected in how to work together.

Minimal Federal level interference in the day to day affairs except for disasters and occasions but should first go to district than State and finally Federal.

Very loose except in Foreign affairs and national security and defence.

So you choose also between American and british system ...

I believe that Federalism is the only viable option. We are too divided and the conflict on who gets to be THE president needs to stop. The president of Somalias hands should be tied. The power should be to the people.

The current form of Federalism in Somalia is flawed. The borders of each federal member state are not final. See the conflicts in Sool and Sanaag between Somaliland and Puntland and the conflict in Gaalkacyo between Puntland and Galmudug. Some areas are also ignored. Taxes are collected and not invested back into the communities where it came from.

That is why I believe we need to use the 18 gobols as federal states. It would be easier to share the income from taxes and our recourses. It would also be easier to hold everyone accountable. Each gobol should secure their area and assign id cards to the residents of the gobol. I can't see an option that is more fair than this one.

So 18 federal states if i understand you correct ?

Farm

VIP
Anything but the cursed centralism. Defense, Justice and immigration should come under a central authority with a dastuur we all agree on. Other then that, everything falls under the states. :fittytousand:

I wouldn’t even give them defence or immigration, do you think the FGS would ever protect your land and deport oromos?

:drakekidding:

Abdurahman what I want is something that is closest to my natural political instinct and position which is an independent Puntland. Hence why I want everything to be at State level and minimal Federal level interference.

That would satisfy my tendency towards independence and compensate for an independent Puntland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending