Surre City

Surre Dir subclan building their own city in the South east of Hargeisa after buying large swathes of land from local Isaaq landowners for a discount. Wealthy Surre businessman (Cigaal Maxamed Cigaal) has come up with the project and is leading it so his clan can get a foothold in Hargeisa.

@Noble What do you make of this?

Last edited:
Mashallah Beesha Surre waa gob they are welcome to settle among us, we have always had a close relationship with them.
Mahe Dir relationship? :wow1:

Joke aside, I think it would've been best if they fully resettled amongst y'all in the North after the civil war era and moved away from Hawiye and Darood.

Mahe Dir relationship? :wow1:

Joke aside, I think it would've been best if they fully resettled amongst y'all in the North after the civil war era and moved away from Hawiye and Darood.

Yh that and SSNM 😂

Nah they should hold onto to their lands in Koonfur and even expand them. A branch of Surre already live in Waqooyi, the Cabaas Muuse i think

Yh that and SSNM 😂

Nah they should hold onto to their lands in Koonfur and even expand them. A branch of Surre already live in Waqooyi, the Cabaas Muuse i think
Do you personally believe you're Dir? I've come across many GX who believe that.

They're sparsely populated in Konfur though being split in many regions/districts. They need a continuous stretch of land and I think they could've had that if they resettled in the North then. On top of the constant fighting against other expansionsts, it would've been worth it. Yeah, I'm aware of them in Sanaag.

Do you personally believe you're Dir? I've come across many GX who believe that.

They're sparsely populated in Konfur though being split in many regions/districts. They need a continuous stretch of land and I think they could've had that if they resettled in the North then. On top of the constant fighting against other expansionsts, it would've been worth it. Yeah, I'm aware of them in Sanaag.

I identify as a madow Banu Hashim bro but Dir are our T-M70 brothers kkk

The Dir in places like Hiiraan and Marka have farmlands i dont see why they would want Waqooyi saxaro tbh if i was them i would be more xooging more fertile land

Qofwalan

house of samatalis

The Dir in places like Hiiraan and Marka have farmlands i dont see why they would want Waqooyi saxaro tbh if i was them i would be more xooging more fertile land
It will be hard for 50 dir qoys to expand in hiran fertile lands they are surrounded every corner why don’t all surre join biimal in marka being 50 qoys every region is not good strategy to expand

I agree with staying in Hiraan and Lower Shabelle, but the other dry districts/regions, they should leave and join their brothers.

It ain't that bad in Waqooyi. Cabaas Muuse live in the greenlands.

Last edited:
It will be hard for 50 dir qoys to expand in hiran fertile lands they are surrounded every corner why don’t all surre join biimal in marka being 50 qoys every region is not good strategy to expand
Pretty sure they are more than 50 qoys, but anyway they are still capable of fighting and expanding. If I am correct, you are Xawaadle. Surre have given you a run for your money many times.

Last edited:

Qofwalan

house of samatalis
Pretty sure they are more than 50 qoys, but anyway they are still capable of fighting and expanding. If I am correct, you are Xawaadle. They have given you a run for your money many times.
ok if you’re right where can they expand to?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Arkan stop painting the same brush with how HAGS treat dir. Their is No problems between DIR N Darod not the 'darod' side anyways. Never in my life ever heard of a conflict between them except an incident between marehan and dir sub clan in 'heraale', maybe @TekNiKo can further elaborate why it happened.

Dir iyo Darod is wiil n abti as far as PL sees it. I cannot say the same from 'dir', their very hostile to darod especially Djibouti. I don't know why, maybe they care to explain where this hostility comes from? it's always darods dying to save their lands in ethiopia not Djibouti president. I remember it was PL who sent livestock to Djibouti to fight Eritrea expansionism. It was siyad brre who 'created' the state for them in 77. I don't see any history that is 'foul' from the darod side. Infact I don't see any real 'foul' behaviour from darod to any IRIR clan.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Arkan we don't call em hawiye anymore. They are known as the hawiye action group(HAG). It sounds like some rebel group from congo @TekNiKo feeling oppressed by a 'ruling elite'.

They want oppression to end

soul train episode 147 GIF

When Do We Want It Black Lives Matter GIF by Mic

U can tell when some group has an oppressed identity complex, they always focus on the percieved oppressor class or group as their 'enemy' plus they live n breath to destroy that percieved oppressor group.

We see this tendency in all irir clans, where-as with darods their always tryin to rise above it and leave behind positivity for all similar to how whites are. U will never see darods going to irir lands to 'prove' themselves, they feel 'superior' to u bro, its u who want to prove urselves to darod always like darod is some 'god like group'

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Surre Dir subclan building their own city in the South east of Hargeisa after buying large swathes of land from local Isaaq landowners for a discount. Wealthy Surre businessman (Cigaal Maxamed Cigaal) has come up with the project and is leading it so his clan can get a foothold in Hargeisa.

@Noble What do you make of this?
So that means the Surre that live with Harti and insult them can finally move and be with their brothers?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
they live as guests

East Sanaag is massive, shouldn't really be called that if your stretching from Las qoray to Inside Erigavo, that eastern portion is 80% of sanaag. HY r like 10% niyahow, u should never of let them dictate erigavo town. The majority rules, minority rights is the world wide system.

@Arkan @Weerar These lands we purchased are mainly for commercial purposes and Qurbajoog returning not really a Surre relocation

when it comes to the Future concentrating our deegans will be to the deep south riverine regions specifically our deegans in Dollobay-Luuq in DDS as well as our deegans in Jamaame these is where we Surre should concentrate rather than being spread out which comes with disadvantages but is a result of being an Culama clan spreading the deen a noble endeavour

It is older than the 90s. It has more to do with the fact that they left the Dir heartland before these subclans came into existence and continued identifying with the macro clan. We have to stop using sub sub subclans and create some sort of Surre Xeer where we only use Surre to create unity around one identity.

You forgot Bandarjadid and the farming land in Lower Jubba.

Also, you have Qubeys Geeljires in Eastern Hiiraan who inhabit Dhaah. They are not urbanised hence why you don't hear much of them and are only starting to build their land.

After the Civil War Qubeys started settling in Golweyn where they run banana plantations, Jeylani mainly owns them. Population is mainly Bantu though.

Tbh, I don't see the point in urbanising around many small towns because investment will be limited as only one or two Juufos live in any one town. Better to pool resources in one continuous territory and create a couple of large towns with enlarged facilities such as hospitals etc. Apart from the farming settlements, I reckon more than 70 percent of us are still nomadic. Take Towfiiq District, for example, the Saleebaan Cabdalla are 90 percent Galleries where even teenage boys carry firearms instead of going to school. The Qurbajoog Reer Magaals whose grandfather's hail from there ain't interested in investing there, they prefer to build in cosmopolitan cities. For instance, the Hargeysa project to build hundreds of homes for Qurbajoog Surre thanks to cheap land offered to them by Isaaq landowners:

Reer Towfiiq have the largest land among the Central Dir Surres because the Ximan area and adjacent coastal areas is mainly theirs. This Sheekhaal writer travelled through Eastern Mudug in search of Sheekhal ancestral graves and highlighted how this grazing plain is now mainly settled by us after the Civil War and the demarcation of clan borders in Eastern Mudug.

What is the point of some Saleebaan Cabdallas staying in Galgadud and building a town in Lajiide when it is better to just build Towfiiq District? The other SAs should all relocate to Towfiiq District too as it can accommodate them in one central area allowing a decent sized urban town to develop with access to the coast for those willing to diversify into fishing. Furthermore, our Ximan grazing land can support a larger population. Even the Qubeys Mirjicley should have invested in the already existing urban towns but I gotta give it to them in that they are making more progress developing an urban town than the Geeljire Reer Towfiiq for instance.

Looking ahead, I think it is better if we concentrate our population in one Southern region. My preference is Central Surres to move to land we settle in Bandarjadid LJ adjacent to the Biimaal and Jubba riverine areas near the Ethiopian border. My cousin bought farmland ten years ago in our area of Luuq District for less around 10k, now it's worth 50k.

Across the border in Ethiopia, land is even cheaper in our riverine territory in Doolobay district. I was thinking about purchasing cheap Tolka riverside land for 4k but needed to get my Ethiopian papers first. The Surres there don't even farm apart from some Qubeys in Kolo and are only now starting to take up the opportunities being next to Jubba river brings.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
These lands we purchased are mainly for commercial purposes and Qurbajoog returning not really a Surre relocation

when it comes to the Future concentrating our deegans will be to the deep south riverine regions specifically our deegans in Dollobay-Luuq in DDS as well as our deegans in Jamaame these is where we Surre should concentrate rather than being spread out which comes with disadvantages but is a result of being an Culama clan spreading the deen a noble endeavour

Noble there is advantages and disadvantages to everything even 'centralizing' all the potential collapse from centralizing is similar to putting ur 'eggs' in one basket and is very risky. I prefer 'diversifying', stick to 'surre plan' to diversify for 'survival' interest so u can 'recoup' if one area collapses.

PL adopted this federalism for that very reason, if hamar collapses, we can continue on. Even if PL collapses our king has ties to 'mahra in oman n yemen n socotra' and 'dual survival pacts', his even spreading this to 'other african' areas. I also think he shud tap into malaysia/indonesia who honor Ismail Jabarti.

Trending