Supermodel IMAN describes Somali society as an oriental fantasy?

Says that Somalia is a Muslim country , that every man has 4 wives because it’s allowed in Islam and that divorced women were ostracised and the husband always took the children .

the best a divorced woman could ask for is it become apart of another mans harem

29B66303-D6C1-4329-ADA0-46E16A0363B3.jpeg

Sis, didn't you know Iman use to model for Playboy. She was very much into portraying Somali society as an orientalist fantasy. The ajnabi fetishisation of Somali women didn't start in our generation with the diaspora. It's been around a lot longer.

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
The only reason they make these women famous is Somali women are modest and have high morals so they desire to brain wash young girls so it’s easy for wealthy Gaalo men getting seduced our girls into their false glamour of wealth so they can pump and dump them

Real honor is being a respected wife and mother, contributing to the future of your society , preserving your Muslim legacy, creating and nurturing the future engineers, leaders, make and female who build the cars planes rockets castles and manage the world. you only have respect within your people and only what you built with your own hands

All Gaalo man can and will offer with all his wealth is sleeping in a condo and and steak at a restaurant. He will not look at you as an equal take any of your advice nor have goals oriented to a goal for both of yours mutual benefit. You’re subservient to his and his people advancement and will

A woman is the ultimate prize for a man don’t sell yourself short to someone who doesn’t value you, you’re not just beauty you come from a line of people w integrity and a rich legacy

Last edited:

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Don’t worship a image or the exterior of things, it’s just a veneer. Understand the ultimate reality

I don't know why she lied. All the history books i've read about Somali society makes it clear that divorced women found it very easy to re-marry. I would say, Somalis in the West now in 2022 are more discriminating towards divorced women than a geelgire in the 60s. We've been influenced by Asian/Arab conservatism ect.

GuanYu

Custom title
I don't know why she lied. All the history books i've read about Somali society makes it clear that divorced women found it very easy to re-marry. I would say, Somalis in the West now in 2022 are more discriminating towards divorced women than a geelgire in the 60s. We've been influenced by Asian/Arab conservatism ect.
Yes also remember Divorces rarely happened back then too, main remarriages were widows to usually a relative of the deceased

GuanYu

Custom title
Nope not necessarily true. I have a screenshot of a book I was reading. I'm going to try and find it.
I'm not sure where the back was based on, But on a lived experience and knowing most people in the city i lived in, the divorcee rates are mad low, highest % being contributed by a relative of mine who divorced 5 times and each time, the woman left and went back to her reer wherever they wer. The younger generation may be divorcing more but those days I don't think divorce was as prevalent, Easier to marry a 2nd or 3rd wife. Remarriage is usually between people who were married before and both have kids of their own. whereas in the west the discrimination are between maidens/virgin and divorced.

@BongLao

Check this out

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
True I have attended many weddings of widows and divorcees. Its not really seen as an issue in the old gen but the young gen in the West anyways has adopted the current views around us but I wouldn't say its because of other muslim groups but a mix of multiple factors. Since before the divorce was in the hands of men but now women run towards western governments or just simply walk away in the West with no repercussions. And this whole men vs women stuff is spreading across cultures and effecting everyone so now every community whether they were or not discriminating against divorcees Now are I guess.

Trending

Latest posts