Suicide bomb attack outside military base kills 10 recruits.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Give me one example of Somalis uniting as one Somali army/entity to face a common threat/enemies before 1900?
The Adal empire for example was largely Somali but included many Hararis, Afar, Arabs and various other ethnic groups within it. It was not something that existed as purely a Somali entity. The Somalis in the Adal sultanate were less united with the Somalis in neighbouring Sultanates, than they were to with the other Adal ethnicities.

People intermarried with the clans that lived around them, sure. How does that have anything to do with what I was talkingto. Delve into your average Somali DNA today, and you will find evidence that they intermarried with Oromo, Arabs, Xabashi, Afar etc, which is what all societies do as they intermingle. Once a marriage happened between two clans happened, the woman went with her husband's family who would go back to living among his people. The two clans did not 'unite' in any way shape or form. The only times clans united was in war or to pay bloodmoney. So, I repeat how does that have anything to with my argument that the idea of Somali unity was not a thing until 100 or so years ago. Grasp the concepts before responding with emotional diarrhoea.

Somalis were never united until 100 years ago. If you can show one iota of Somalis from different parts of the Somali peninsula uniting before then, I'll gladly be proven wrong.
Emotional diahorrea kulaha. Adal sultanate Wuz harari, Arabian and Afari Kangz kkkkkkk. Saxiib I'm gonna keep it real with you, everything in your paragraph was stupid. Having ethnic minorities in your empire isn't anything new and people didn't stick with sub clans 4 abtirsi down. We'd all be inbred fucks if any of that was true you moron.

The vast majority of the world were the same till they either got their ethno-states or they forced themselves into nationalism. You don't see Germans ripping themselves into germanic tribes then saying the concept of a nation has never existed within them. Then again I'm no amateur historian nor have I ever particularly given a shit about this topic. Most of my knowledge is from the culture section where you're best off telling them this crap.

Qabil a social safety net at best and its something Barre brought back.

More emotional diarrhoea without refuting anything i've said. No evidence based arguments or even sound reasoning. Just the emotional outburst of a candabuur. Let me show you how it is done young lady.

Firstly, I notice that you couldn't even muster the one example of Somalis uniting as one Somali army/entity to face a common threat/enemies before 1900, I asked for. An implicit acceptance of the truth, is better than nothing. I'll take it.

Adal sultanate Wuz harari, Arabian and Afari Kangz kkkkkkk. Saxiib I'm gonna keep it real with you, everything in your paragraph was stupid. Having ethnic minorities in your empire isn't anything new.

I never said it was a new phenomenon that ethnic minorities were thing. I mentioned the Adal sultanate as an example of a traditional empire within the lands of the Somalis. I was using it to illustrate that even such an illustrious Somali state, was not based remotely on Somali identity, but was based on Islam and regional communities. None of the Somali states had any documented aim or notion of Somali unity - they were either based on religion, clan or region. The idea of Somali unity was never a thing in those states.

People didn't stick with sub clans 4 abtirsi down. We'd all be inbred fucks if any of that was true you moron.
Not only are you ignorant on history, but you are also incredibly ignorant on Somali culture and norms. Somalis have always lived and travelled in small groups made up of exclusively very close sub sub sub clan units. That doesn't mean they didn't interact with other clans, ofcourse they did. They traded, lived close by, and intermarried with other clan. God, are you so dense that you can't see how those two things are not mutually exclusive. Ask your dad or mom about the village/area that their people hailed from before they moved to the biggest cities. I can guarantee that you that they were exclusively settled by a specific sub sub sub clan of the larger regional tribe. Read I M Lewis book on Somali xeer and culture systems and you will understand how Somalis knowing this, actively sought to marry outside of their own sub clans in order to avoid inbreeding.

The vast majority of the world were the same till they either got their ethno-states or they forced themselves into nationalism. You don't see Germans ripping themselves into germanic tribes then saying the concept of a nation has never existed within them.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking. Do you know how far back you have to go to when the Germanic tribes were relevant. Ancient Roman times. Those Germanic tribes are the ancestors of todays Swedes, Belgians, Dutch and even many Brits. How is that relevant to what we are discussing. Somalis to this fucking day live in tribal communities. How can you compare the two. As you essentially mentioned in your own words, you know nothing about history.

Read a book kid, then come back to me.

Trending